What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

I'm not against Govt or Police they are doing (there are room for improvement) what ever is required to keep situation in control. I've never advocated or talked about the death sentence for those scums but asked for quick hearing and verdict based on current laws. I've always and I'm talking about the revolution ,,
- For society and for our social values reform
- It's about respecting women, our elders, kids every one
- It's about creating feel safe environment
- It's about judicial system reform to bring culprits to Justice ASAP
- It's about anti social elements feel the heat and understand that they cannot escape

Sir, with all due respect, please tell me how holding violent protests where property is destroyed and policemen, just doing there job, are attacked, a way to bring about social change?

Sir, with all due respect, please tell me how holding violent protests where property is destroyed and policemen, just doing there job, are attacked, a way to bring about social change?

Abingdonboy..did I ever mentioned that we must destroy public property and kill policemen? I did not advocate death penalty to those rapist let alone to innocent policemen doing there job.

Charity begins at home so I'm here in full support for peaceful marches, media campaigns sessions in schools and colleges to keep this moment alive. In due course of time (definitely slowly) we'll see some changes in our society.

Do you advocate not to do any thing but punishing those 4 men will bring changes?

Abingdonboy..did I ever mentioned that we must destroy public property and kill policemen? I did not advocate death penalty to those rapist let alone to innocent policemen doing there job.
Charity begins at home so I'm here in full support for peaceful marches, media campaigns sessions in schools and colleges to keep this moment alive. In due course of time (definitely slowly) we'll see some changes in our society.
Do you advocate not to do any thing but punishing those 4 men will bring changes?
This is what my junior is doing for the women. These protests will soon die out. People will move on to next big thing. If you want to bring change, think like this. Excerpt of email from my junior.

"Have you heard of the Gurgaon Gircott? A girl was raped in a mall. The girls in Delhi decided that till the government doesn't take action, they will stop going to Gurgaon on the weekends for shopping. It hit the industries pretty hard when for a whole month there was reduced sales. They pressurized the government for stronger security and implemented greater security themselves in the mall . Now there have been several such tiny boycotts at multiple incidents. We intend to run them all one after the other through the country. Industries, shopping, public transport, but need more ideas for different kind of boycotting."

Of course not but all I am saying is that I have already seen calls for more protests which likely will turn violent and all I am saying what do these protests acheive? Peaceful protest and vigils are what they should do.

RIP to the daughter of the nation. May ur death galvanize to change the ever degrading social mindset of India.

This is what my junior is doing for the women. These protests will soon die out. People will move on to next big thing. If you want to bring change, think like this. Excerpt of email from my junior.

"Have you heard of the Gurgaon Gircott? A girl was raped in a mall. The girls in Delhi decided that till the government doesn't take action, they will stop going to Gurgaon on the weekends for shopping. It hit the industries pretty hard when for a whole month there was reduced sales. They pressurized the government for stronger security and implemented greater security themselves in the mall . Now there have been several such tiny boycotts at multiple incidents. We intend to run them all one after the other through the country. Industries, shopping, public transport, but need more ideas for different kind of boycotting."

Boycott is good Ideas and I'm in full support of this. But as you've mentioned in you post we need different ideas and more activities.
In this case we are not fighting with any one else but ourselves and evil hidden deep down in our hearts. We can bring it out and kill it only with a very active efforts be it protests, rallies, seminars, workshops in colleges, nukkad nataks, media campaign, boycott. We need all of them at a very grandeur scale. Changes will not come in a day or month, it's long journey.

Boycott is good Ideas and I'm in full support of this. But as you've mentioned in you post we need different ideas and more activities.
In this case we are not fighting with any one else but ourselves and evil hidden deep down in our hearts. We can bring it out and kill it only with a very active efforts be it protests, rallies, seminars, workshops in colleges, nukkad nataks, media campaign, boycott. We need all of them at a very grandeur scale. Changes will not come in a day or month, it's long journey.
They have been doing this for months. Way before this rape, a rape which was not covered by media extensively, just because it didn't have the shock value like this one. The people who actually bring change work for those causes which many people ignore.No one was on road when other rapes were happening in Delhi. If they had, may be this girl would have been alive today.

That's the difference between those who do something and those who just say something on Facebook, Twitter etc.

^^^ Agree.
Now I'm thinking to open tweeter account to question some of such guys. It would be interesting to see how they would take criticism.

^^^ Agree.
Now I'm thinking to open tweeter account to question some of such guys. It would be interesting to see how they would take criticism.
Really, a twitter account ?

How about you save half of your mobile bill and internet bill and give it to any NGO that is working for women's right and helping these victims ?

If you have 100 online friends and you all make 100 rupees donation, to a trusted NGO, they can have money to pay the legal fees for good lawyers. Or help rural rape victims to start a small business.

Really, a twitter account ?

How about you save half of your mobile bill and internet bill and give it to any NGO that is working for women's right and helping these victims ?

If you have 100 online friends and you all make 100 rupees donation, to a trusted NGO, they can have money to pay the legal fees for good lawyers. Or help rural rape victims to start a small business.

Krait, I've been working with CRY and Touch for last 8 years mainly focusing on poor or orphan kids and made approx half of my friends to sponsor a kid or two. I do admit that I've never been part of any Women welfare NGO. Let me know if you know few good organization. I'll do what ever I could physically or financially.

Krait, I've been working with CRY and Touch for last 8 years mainly focusing on poor or orphan kids and made approx half of my friends to sponsor a kid or two. I do admit that I've never been part of any Women welfare NGO. Let me know if you know few good organization. I'll do what ever I could physically or financially.
Sure. Since you are already working for children, I think you don't have to associate with our education based NGO. Currently we need people who can give us practical ideas to make more impact.

Like I shared about girls not going to Gurgaon malls affected them financially. So the security is increased.

People are also making lists of place which are not safe in certain cities. Making note while on bus or car, where there is not enough lighting, street lights not working to send the report to concerned authorities. Also where there is lack of police patrol and more crime prone regions

You can share this idea to someone who wants to initiate something. I personally feel that one should focus on one or two NGOs at max. So that he doesn't get more burden as well as more people gets included.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/29/w...ns-for-victim-of-gang-rape-in-india.html?_r=0

The woman, whose intestines were removed because of injuries caused by a metal rod used during the rape, has not been identified. She was flown to Singapore on Wednesday night after undergoing three abdominal operations at a local hospital. She had also suffered a major brain injury, cardiac arrest and infections of the lungs and abdomen. “She was courageous in fighting for her life for so long against the odds, but the trauma to her body was too severe for her to overcome,” Dr. Loh’s statement said.

what a sick demented society.

Thankfully the U.S. issued travel warning to all women traveling to india advising them of the ongoing rape epidemic.

You are really a funny dude buddy. :rofl:

I saw in the past few months, you were the one always bragging how to conquer China then make all Chinese girls as your sex slaves.

How you could even dream to rape other people when you are even afraid of getting raped in your own country. :lol:

India passed away around 2 am midnight. India is no more. That is all I can say right now.

India passed away around 2 pm midnight. India is no more. That is all I can say right now.

Bury those bastards alive................hell awaits them eagerly.

RIP

Back
Top Bottom