What's new

New Class of prosperous Pakistani Farmers (not big landowners)

Rafi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I can see this trend pretty much across rural Pakistan in all the provinces, don't get me wrong there is still poverty, but many middle to small farmers are seriously doing well.

In these villages all the kids including girls are getting educated, all the mod cons including internet and indoor plumbing.

Amid the doom and gloom just showing some positive developments, we need to increase it and much faster.

What are these farmers doing, which is helping them become more prosperous? What should other farmers learn from these farmers, that can also make them prosperous as well?

I'm not sure if this is in wide spread use, but I hope Pakistani Farmers start to use Mycorrhizal Fungi to increase yields. Along with drip irrigation that delivers water as well as nitrogen and phosphorus, the use of fungi makes a huge difference. The fungi can actually be delivered directly to the seeds through the drip irrigation pipe. An estimated up to 20% increase in yield can be achieved by just adding Mycorrhizal Fungi. This can also help Pakistani Farmers produce crops "100% organic" and market them abroad that way, increasing their profits because less nitrogen and less phosphorus will need to be used on the plants, as it will get it from the soil more efficiently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom