What's new

New auto policy: Looking to balance local and imported

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
849651-commercemin_visitstallautoshowautoshowphotopid-1425769289-510-640x480.JPG

KARACHI: The government wants to increase automobile manufacturing in the country and, at the same time, protect the interests of consumers in the upcoming auto policy, said Commerce Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan.

During his visit to Pakistan Auto Parts Show (PAPS) at Karachi Expo Centre, he said that the new policy will balance both car imports and manufacturing in the country.

“Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif supports the efforts the local auto industry is putting in these exhibitions to show what we are producing for locally assembled automobiles,” he said.

The office bearers of Pakistan Association of Automotive Parts and Accessories Manufacturers (Paapam) stressed on the new auto policy to support localisation. “The more Pakistan moves towards localisation, the more it can reduce car prices,” Paapam Chairman Mohammad Siddique Misri said. “This is how new companies can be encouraged to enter into Pakistani market to compete with existing players.”

There were seven carmakers in Pakistan in 2007, but four of them left the country because of the liberal car import policies of the government, said the office bearers of Paapam.

They further added that low consumer financing in Pakistan is also hindering the growth of the auto sector. “Usually 70% of the car consumers get financing in different countries but this ratio is opposite in Pakistan; here only 30% are able to get financing from banks.”

PAPS is a premier industry event which is held once in two years. The exhibition brings together automakers and auto parts manufacturers to display local products.

New auto policy: Looking to balance local and imported – The Express Tribune

Though I support local construction of vehicles in Pakistan to boost economy, many local manufactures are cutting corners and enjoying being a cartel. So it'd be great to lift taxes on imports, which will make people purchase more vehicles and gov't boosting its revenues due to higher imports.

gov't boosting its revenues due to higher imports.

With boosting it's revenues due to higher imports will also result in increasing trade deficit. Did you every studied economics?

A sensible men is one who not only consider pros but cons as well.

With boosting it's revenues due to higher imports will also result in increasing trade deficit. Did you every studied economics?

So should a country not import anything at all? Imports are natural phenomenon and often used as a policy tool to break the cartalization and inefficiency costs imposed by local players on consumers.

So should a country not import anything at all? Imports are natural phenomenon and often used as a policy tool to break the cartalization and inefficiency costs imposed by local players on consumers.

I don't need your opinion here. Study economics first.

Pakistan is not such a developed country. It is still a lower middle income country. There are hundreds of thousands jobless people here in Pakistan. Pakistan GDP growth was recorded 3.3% and we need 7% to give jobs to 2 million youth whom are entering job market every year. We have to make industry here by hook or by crook.

Pakistan have 185 billion tons of coal reserves and still we import coal/oil/gas etc. Wow
Pakistan have potential to manufacture automobiles here. Automobile industry can give jobs to thousands of engineers and can create a few billions dollar market then why import?
Are you here to develop Pakistan economy or the country from where govt is going to import cars?

Quote me only when you have something logical. Don't quote me with an idiotic logic

Pakistan is not such a developed country. It is still a lower middle income country. There are hundreds of thousands jobless people here in Pakistan. Pakistan GDP growth was recorded 3.3% and we need 7% to give jobs to 2 million youth whom are entering job market every year. We have to make industry here by hook or by crook.

Pakistan have 185 billion tons of coal reserves and still we import coal/oil/gas etc. Wow
Pakistan have potential to manufacture automobiles here. Automobile industry can give jobs to thousands of engineers and can create a few billions dollar market then why import?
Are you here to develop Pakistan economy or the country from where govt is going to import cars?

Quote me only when you have something logical. Don't quote me with an idiotic logic
I don't know how emotional speech involves economics,if any.

:D Emotional?

If anyone expose your leaders worse performance then that's emotional? I didn't knew that

If ADB, World bank or IMF writes this on their press releases then you will consider them emotional?

:D Emotional?

If anyone expose your leaders worse performance then that's emotional? I didn't knew that

If ADB, World bank or IMF writes this on their press releases then you will consider them emotional?
Yes emotional enough to qoute your own self instead of me.

849651-commercemin_visitstallautoshowautoshowphotopid-1425769289-510-640x480.JPG

KARACHI: The government wants to increase automobile manufacturing in the country and, at the same time, protect the interests of consumers in the upcoming auto policy, said Commerce Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan.

During his visit to Pakistan Auto Parts Show (PAPS) at Karachi Expo Centre, he said that the new policy will balance both car imports and manufacturing in the country.

“Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif supports the efforts the local auto industry is putting in these exhibitions to show what we are producing for locally assembled automobiles,” he said.

The office bearers of Pakistan Association of Automotive Parts and Accessories Manufacturers (Paapam) stressed on the new auto policy to support localisation. “The more Pakistan moves towards localisation, the more it can reduce car prices,” Paapam Chairman Mohammad Siddique Misri said. “This is how new companies can be encouraged to enter into Pakistani market to compete with existing players.”

There were seven carmakers in Pakistan in 2007, but four of them left the country because of the liberal car import policies of the government, said the office bearers of Paapam.

They further added that low consumer financing in Pakistan is also hindering the growth of the auto sector. “Usually 70% of the car consumers get financing in different countries but this ratio is opposite in Pakistan; here only 30% are able to get financing from banks.”

PAPS is a premier industry event which is held once in two years. The exhibition brings together automakers and auto parts manufacturers to display local products.

New auto policy: Looking to balance local and imported – The Express Tribune

Pakistan should allow Indian investment in Pakistani Automobile segment
This will be beneficial for both our countries

Pakistan should allow Indian investment in Pakistani Automobile segment
This will be beneficial for both our countries
Most of the Indian car manufacturers follow the same structure as Pakistan I.e.licence producing the Japanese brands. For example maruthi and hero producing Suzuki and Honda being built here by Pak-Suzuki and Atlas group. But If they decide to Invest and establish a manufacturing base with their own brands I think govt should not have any issue.

Most of the Indian car manufacturers follow the same structure as Pakistan I.e.licence producing the Japanese brands. For example maruthi and hero producing Suzuki and Honda being built here by Pak-Suzuki and Atlas group. But If they decide to Invest and establish a manufacturing base with their own brands I think govt should not have any issue.

Oh no Indian Auto mobile companies & Foreign companies manufactre a lot of components in India itself & have Massive R&D facilities here but subject is for another thread
Allowing Indian investment in Pakistan will lead to a lot of a Investment from
Indian companies in Pakistan& also Japanese investing more in Pakistan to combat the new competition

Oh no Indian Auto mobile companies & Foreign companies manufactre a lot of components in India itself & have Massive R&D facilities here but subject is for another thread
Allowing Indian investment in Pakistan will lead to a lot of a Investment from
Indian companies in Pakistan& also Japanese investing more in Pakistan to combat the new competition
Pakistani manufacturers also produce major parts domestically. Only engines and some key parts are imported from Japan but then again, 100% homegrown designs are still rare with only Suzuki produces some domestically developed products (though they are ambassador class junky stuff).

As the other poster put, we can't allow cartels for the sake of imports, which I also mentioned.

The high tax was imposed to stop imports. For example, 100% tax means nearly no one wants to import. Cartels are happy. Now with 30% tax, more people want to import, govt is getting revenue because more people are spending and cartels are being forced to come up with better product or lower their price.

What's your economics background? Please share.

Lol telling others to study economics when you don't know how much idiocy is filled in your post.

Weare running out of gas, hence load shedding. just because were not developed doesn't mean we shouldn't import. We've coal and we are working on setting things up for extraction, but till then we need to balance demand and supply.

Automobile industry has been doing very good considering the high duty imported cars had. Yet we still lacked jobs. So just because we open the gate to some imports doesn't mean pakistan economy will crash.

Like I said in my original post (but you don't know how to read), I support cars being made locally to improve economy but we need lower duty on import to break cartel.

Here you go my original post "
Though I support local construction of vehicles in Pakistan to boost economy, many local manufactures are cutting corners and enjoying being a cartel."

And you said "Are you here to develop Pakistan economy "

I think that's enough to say who is being idiotic here and who probably has no economics background.

As the other poster put, we can't allow cartels for the sake of imports, which I also mentioned.

The high tax was imposed to stop imports. For example, 100% tax means nearly no one wants to import. Cartels are happy. Now with 30% tax, more people want to import, govt is getting revenue because more people are spending and cartels are being forced to come up with better product or lower their price.

What's your economics background? Please share.

Lol telling others to study economics when you don't know how much idiocy is filled in your post.

Weare running out of gas, hence load shedding. just because were not developed doesn't mean we shouldn't import. We've coal and we are working on setting things up for extraction, but till then we need to balance demand and supply.

Automobile industry has been doing very good considering the high duty imported cars had. Yet we still lacked jobs. So just because we open the gate to some imports doesn't mean pakistan economy will crash.

Like I said in my original post (but you don't know how to read), I support cars being made locally to improve economy but we need lower duty on import to break cartel.

Here you go my original post "
Though I support local construction of vehicles in Pakistan to boost economy, many local manufactures are cutting corners and enjoying being a cartel."

And you said "Are you here to develop Pakistan economy "

I think that's enough to say who is being idiotic here and who probably has no economics background.

If you ever studied economics then you should know idiot that emerging economies should have trade surplus not deficit like Pakistan which is constantly increasing its deficit and morons like you are saying to increase it more despite the fact that Pakistan has the potential to set up manufacturing plants here.

Running out of gas? We have the largest reserves of gas but your leaders are not exploring it. Coal can be converted into gas, crude oil and also now in diesel for your information idiot.

Since 2005 we are trying to extract coal but we haven't done it yet can you explain the reason for that? no coal is being extracted here flying senseless kiddo

You are not being idiot here but you was born as an idiot.

You said you support manufacturing of local cars and at the same time you said that govt should import cars and earn higher revenue through imports. Now don't change your statement. If you have a look at my comment properly then you will see that I quoted only this line "gov't boosting its revenues due to higher imports".

Automobile industry directly employs 1,50,000+ people and 1.2 million people indirectly in pakistan and if we start manufacturing cars here then it can be easily double. Pakistan annual sale is 1,50,000+ cars and if your leaders govt remove VAT from cars then we can triple it and can triple the number of people employed in this industry. I thought that I should add something to your information despite the fact that it is first thing which you will know about Pakistan industry.

You don't know anything about Pakistan economy or economics. First learn something bachay

Yes emotional enough to qoute your own self instead of me.

It was a mistake.

Actually I was arguing with a born idiot that's why I did a mistake.

You twirp, my economic background is much better then you that's why I am constantly pointing out your lies and proving them wrong. You vixen, do you know anything about Pakistan economy?

chotey chutia, those who have it dont say it in every post, tell me about your economic back ground now...let do it you turd smelling piece of $hit

Stick to the subject and avoid personal attacks. Pakistan needs to import cars and also build industry at the same time. A closed market creates low quality products which are sold at huge profits.

Back
Top Bottom