What's new

Nepal Civil War Maoist war

captain Maximo

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
Any documentaries / books on the subject also any one have figures regarding how man men and equipment each side had

PS I have been to wiki

Try the "Sari Soldiers." Although I haven't personally watched it, the response from my friends who've watched it is that it provides multiple perspectives from women leading very different lives: a Nepalese army soldier, a Maoist rebel, an anti-Maoist matriach, and a woman who lost her daughter during the darkest years in our country's history. Give it a shot.

Try the "Sari Soldiers." Although I haven't personally watched it, the response from my friends who've watched it is that it provides multiple perspectives from women leading very different lives: a Nepalese army soldier, a Maoist rebel, an anti-Maoist matriach, and a woman who lost her daughter during the darkest years in our country's history. Give it a shot.
what is going on ? :undecided:

Replying to the OP's request for names of documentaries/books on the Nepalese Civil War. :)
ok i have a question for you , how do you see India ? i mean do you guys like India ?

same questions about Bangladesh :)

ok i have a question for you , how do you see India ? i mean do you guys like India ?

same questions about Bangladesh :)

That's a very subjective question. I cannot represent the whole country of Nepal but I can provide some of my personal insights/observations.

Nepal and India are the only two Hindu majority countries in the world. That gives a sense of close connection between the two states (despite both being secular countries). Our economic, social, political, linguistic, religious ties are ancient.

Regardless of such links, we're like step-brothers/sisters (whichever you prefer to use). There's mistrust at the government level, particularly in Nepal due to India's overwhelming dominance in the region. Thus, the populace is rather anti-Indian government. At the same time, Nepalis revel in watching Bollywood movies and studying/working in droves in India. In my opinion, there are little issues (albeit there is stereotyping from both sides) between people to people interactions between Indians and Nepalese. Our cultures are similar but not the same.

This is my take on the issue. Others may view it differently. Our interaction with India has been mostly positive with several low points of course. But we need each other, given our geographic contiguity.

There might be strong resentment against the Indian government and its meddling in Nepal's political affairs and that has fueled anti-Indian sentiments in India, but it's not as simple as that. While folks will call out on India, they return home and turn on their TV. Guess what they're watching? Indian TV/movies! We live in a strange world, don't we?

That's a very subjective question. I cannot represent the whole country of Nepal but I can provide some of my personal insights/observations.

Nepal and India are the only two Hindu majority countries in the world. That gives a sense of close connection between the two states (despite both being secular countries). Our economic, social, political, linguistic, religious ties are ancient.

Regardless of such links, we're like step-brothers/sisters (whichever you prefer to use). There's mistrust at the government level, particularly in Nepal due to India's overwhelming dominance in the region. Thus, the populace is rather anti-Indian government. At the same time, Nepalis revel in watching Bollywood movies and studying/working in droves in India. In my opinion, there are little issues (albeit there is stereotyping from both sides) between people to people interactions between Indians and Nepalese. Our cultures are similar but not the same.

This is my take on the issue. Others may view it differently. Our interaction with India has been mostly positive with several low points of course. But we need each other, given our geographic contiguity.

There might be strong resentment against the Indian government and its meddling in Nepal's political affairs and that has fueled anti-Indian sentiments in India, but it's not as simple as that. While folks will call out on India, they return home and turn on their TV. Guess what they're watching? Indian TV/movies! We live in a strange world, don't we?
and Bangladesh ? :-)

Our relations with Bangladesh began when it became independent in 1971. Nepal recognized the independence of Bangladesh in that year, prompting Pakistan to break diplomatic relations.
In regards to opinions on Bangladesh, I think the Nepalese people have positive views. There has been an increase in economic ties between the two countries and it continues to grow!

I think the problems faced by Bangladesh and Nepal are similar. Also, there has been a lot of efforts to forge stronger economic ties, particularly in the areas of energy and trade.

Overall, I think we need to forge stronger ties. There seems to be little interaction between the peoples of the two states. :)

What about in Bangladesh? What's the general view towards Nepal? Just curious since this is rarely talked about! :)

What about in Bangladesh? What's the general view towards Nepal? Just curious since this is rarely talked about! :)
We have very positive view about Nepal, peace loving nation. We like your Gorkha force :D
We supported Nepal Cricket team in T20 world cup (apart from Game against Bangladesh LOL)
I think our interaction is bit low, we need to improve our relation :cheers:

thanks for taking over my thread

Our relations with Bangladesh began when it became independent in 1971. Nepal recognized the independence of Bangladesh in that year, prompting Pakistan to break diplomatic relations.
In regards to opinions on Bangladesh, I think the Nepalese people have positive views. There has been an increase in economic ties between the two countries and it continues to grow!

I think the problems faced by Bangladesh and Nepal are similar. Also, there has been a lot of efforts to forge stronger economic ties, particularly in the areas of energy and trade.

Overall, I think we need to forge stronger ties. There seems to be little interaction between the peoples of the two states. :)

I have a couple of questions

1.Do you still live in Nepal,
2.How is Nepal like now what is happening with the hydro plant still being worked on
3.have they fixed the missing border pillars
4.whats happening with the constitution
5.what about the Chinese are they every where
6.how easy are jobs to get by
7.how are things generally in Nepal any news would be great

I have to ask what does Bangladesh think of India, China, Bhutan and Pakistan. Do people still want to join back with Pakistan

Also any views on the Indian Border Force
India: hate them because of many issues like border, water, political influence etc.
China: Most favorer country. We have very positive view about china. All weather friendship based on mutual respect and trust.
Bhutan: Well we do not know much about Bhutan, we want to improve our relation.
Pakistan: well most of us think a counter force against India with which we must have relation to keep balance and no we do not want to join Pakistan again.
Sri lanka: We like them so much, we like their hardworking spirit, a well behaved neighbor.

thanks for taking over my thread

I have a couple of questions

1.Do you still live in Nepal,
2.How is Nepal like now what is happening with the hydro plant still being worked on
3.have they fixed the missing border pillars
4.whats happening with the constitution
5.what about the Chinese are they every where
6.how easy are jobs to get by
7.how are things generally in Nepal any news would be great

My responses:
1. No, I'm actually abroad. :)
2. Haven't been there in 2 years but hope to visit soon! I hope theyfigure it out soon.
3. I am not sure.
4. Still in limbo. The political parties seem to be busy with deciding who gets the bigger piece of the pie.
5. The Chinese have heavily made inroads in Nepal. Last time I was there, there were hotels that were being built for the Chinese tourists.
6. Difficult, as always.
7. I'd suggest reading up on Nepali Times | Latest news and analysis from Nepal on politics, economics and society / Himal mag / myrepublica.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom