What's new

'Nehru-Edwina affair responsible for Partition’

look INDIA got un necessary land and Mountbateen was bias towards the INDIANS... if he had not been bias indians and pakistanis could have been living in peace but no typical BRITISH divide and rule crap they left the IRELANDS to fight and then they thre INDIA and PAKISTAN the bone of KASHMIR to fight it out on.... infact i think the best would have been many smal states of INDIA and eventually every country would have just joined and become a UNITED STATE...hyderbad,junagarh,assam,bengal and punjab should all have been made seprate state nations....and they could have joined together but ohh well...LORD MOUNTBATEEN had to be a typical british lad....

Lets not for any moment try to trivialize partition by the issue of Nehru having an affair with Edwina. Lets not forget Jinnah's insistence of forming a separate country based on religion.

Mr. Jinnah's initial insisitence was recongnising the validity of hte Muslim league being the representatives for a big section of the INdian Muslim community.

Until the late 30's, Jinnah sent many letters (which have been acknowledged by such esteemed writers as the grandson of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi) to ask for reconciliation, and a joint mechanism for solving the country's problems.

It was only after constantly being rebuffed by Nehru/Gandhi/Patel, and by their insistence on marginalising the muslim voice, that Jinnah and the MUslim league were forced to go down a root that sook Independance in their own right. The Muslim League had not been founded on the basis of partition of India, and was led to it by the intransigence of Congress leaders.

What is this asim.. where in the article is it mentioned that lord mountbatten was fondling some boys when he was killed??????,,

I guess your calculation would go like this 0 + 2 = 4.:tsk:
What can I do if you haven't read up on your history

Read this 1989 article:
<1169 And Counting.....

'Lord' Mountbatten was particularly attracted to boys in their early teens ; it was this characteristic which made him especially vulnerable to the IRA , because he needed to slip away from his personal bodyguards to keep dates with such boys , some of whom came in contact with IRA men .

Nehru - Edwina affair is true. It came out in the documentary about Mountbatten in the BBC when he was killed by the IRA. Mountbatten was aware of this affair. This is the first time I have heard about the threesome, this seems far fetched.

One of my friend’s father in law had been one of the secretaries of Quaid e Azam. According to him, Muslim League had agreed in 1946 for a trial period of 10 years to share power with Congress. Condition was that Quaid e Azam was to be the first Prime Minister of United India. Apparently, this suggestion, put forward by Mahatma Gandhi, was vetoed by Nehru who then president of All India Congress paving the way for the partition.

Mountbatten was partial to India and influenced Boundary Commission to delineate Shakargarh from Gurdaspur. Gurdaspur minus Shakargarh tehsil, became a non Muslim majority city thus awarded to India.

And we all know Lord Mountbatten was gay too. He was even killed when he ditched his security to fondle some young boys. Check out this 1979 article:
BBC ON THIS DAY | 27 | 1979: IRA bomb kills Lord Mountbatten

The story completely fits. Him and some young boy was killed on a boat, no security was present.

Usually people put two and two together.

you put two and two together and get the weirdest possible result.
he was with his grandsons aged 14 and 15 AND a boat boy...are you suggesting that he was pedophile too? and incestuous at that?

Nehru - Edwina affair is true. It came out in the documentary about Mountbatten in the BBC when he was killed by the IRA. Mountbatten was aware of this affair. This is the first time I have heard about the threesome, this seems far fetched.

One of my friend’s father in law had been one of the secretaries of Quaid e Azam. According to him, Muslim League had agreed in 1946 for a trial period of 10 years to share power with Congress. Condition was that Quaid e Azam was to be the first Prime Minister of United India. Apparently, this suggestion, put forward by Mahatma Gandhi, was vetoed by Nehru who then president of All India Congress paving the way for the partition.

Mountbatten was partial to India and influenced Boundary Commission to delineate Shakargarh from Gurdaspur. Gurdaspur minus Shakargarh tehsil, became a non Muslim majority city thus awarded to India.

very accurate.

niaz bhai, just because it came in a bbc documentary doesn't mean it was true.

I believe there is no evidence of such an affair, nor do the biographers of lord and lady mountbatten, the only people with accesss to her private correspondance.

Nehru-Edwina were in love: Edwina's daughter

New Delhi, July 15: ‘Love blossomed’ between a ‘lonely’ Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of the country, and the last Viceroy of India Lord Mountbatten's wife, Edwina, who had had other ‘lovers’ before, says her daughter.

Pamela Mountabatten, who fondly called Nehru ‘Mamu’ (maternal uncle), has used diary entries and extracts from family albums as documentary evidence to write India Remembered: A Personal Account of the Mountbattens During the Transfer of Power. In a section titled "A Special Relationship" Pamela writes: "My mother had already had lovers. My father was inured to it. It broke his heart the first time, but it was somehow different with Nehru."

She quotes a letter which Lord Mountbatten wrote to her elder sister in June 1948 on the Edwina-Nehru relationship: "'She and Jawaharlal (sic) are so sweet together, they really dote on each other in the nicest way and Pammy and I are doing everything we can to be tactful and help. Mummy has been incredibly sweet lately and we've been such a happy family'."

So there existed a "happy three-some" based on firm understanding on all sides, writes Pamela, which strengthened during a trip to Mashobra.

Pamela, who thought Nehru spoke and wrote beautiful English, also quotes a letter written by Nehru to Edwina in March 1957: "Suddenly I realised (and perhaps you also did) that there was a deeper attachment between us, that some uncontrollable force, of which I was dimly aware, drew us to one another, I was overwhelmed and at the same time exhilarated by this new discovery. We talked more intimately as if some veil had been removed and we could look into each other's eyes without fear or embarrassment."

I completely agree with your information.:coffee:

Jinnah and Nehru's so called 'game' for partition is just a lie. It's just another propaganda which had already failed previously.

Another attempt to pollute young minds.

BTW let's talk of the love affair rather than drifting away from the topic.

i have heard of the nehru-edwina affair...but the threesome is something too far-fetched.

HAHAHA! Thats about the most hillarious political thing I have ever heard. So if you want to divide US, start flirting with Hillary Clinton.

Who cares to listen to Thackery anyway, hes just a bucnh of crap. He's become a popular cartoon because his remark about North Indians.

if you care to read history my friend you will find plenty of indications to justify this claim.the whole kashmir issue was also because of nehru's intrigue of not letting go of territory which was his home ground. With Kashmir issue resolved there would have been no animosity between India and pakistan. But then how would the powers that be make us fight with each other otherwise?;):agree::D
Araz

you put two and two together and get the weirdest possible result.
he was with his grandsons aged 14 and 15 AND a boat boy...are you suggesting that he was pedophile too? and incestuous at that?
I am not suggesting that. Other commentators have made that assumption. And yes he was a known homosexual pedo.

look INDIA got un necessary land and Mountbateen was bias towards the INDIANS... if he had not been bias indians and pakistanis could have been living in peace but no typical BRITISH divide and rule crap they left the IRELANDS to fight and then they thre INDIA and PAKISTAN the bone of KASHMIR to fight it out on.... infact i think the best would have been many smal states of INDIA and eventually every country would have just joined and become a UNITED STATE...hyderbad,junagarh,assam,bengal and punjab should all have been made seprate state nations....and they could have joined together but ohh well...LORD MOUNTBATEEN had to be a typical british lad....

ZOB, that their strategy from the time they enter the sub continent and it still contiunes. its like Enter, sow seeds of divide and the leave them against each other, its that for them.

I definately agree with your on some points that when the partation happened they should have completely setteled the matter and could have left, but no its against their stratagy them :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom