What's new

Negotiations on with Dassault for fighters jets: IAF chief

anup

Reaction score
Country
India
The Indian Air Force is negotiating with French aviation major Dassault Aviation's Rafale for 126 medium fighter jets in a multi-billion dollar deal, Chief of Air Staff of IAF, Air Chief Marshall N A K Browne today said.

The deal suffered a "setback" due to the death of an official, who handled the negotiation, in September. Now a new Joint Secretary has joined last week to take the negotiations forward, Browne told reporters here.

"They have had meetings as of this time and I am hopeful that by early next year we should be able to wrap this case for the Air Force," Browne said after rounding up his two-day farewell visit to the headquarter of the Eastern Air Command where he also chaired a Commanders' conference.

Browne said the 'Rafale' are expected to be inducted into the force by 2017, three years approximately after the contract is signed.

'Rafale' outclassed the Euro-fighter 'Typhoon' to bag the deal in India after officials found that its commercial bid was lower than 'Typhoon'.

According to the Request for Proposal (RFP) of the IAF, 18 aircraft will be brought in the next three years while the remaining aircraft is likely to be manufactured at HAL facilities at Bangalore, defence sources said.

Military aviation majors from across the globe - the Russia's MIG-35, USA's F-16 Falcon (Lockheed Martin), F-18 Hornet (Boeing), Swedish 'Saab Gripen', European EADS Euro-Fighter 'Typhoon' and 'Rafale'- competed in the bid to supply 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft.

Source:- Negotiations on with Dassault for fighters jets: IAF chief - India - DNA

It is time they complete the so called 'negotiation' and finalize the deal.

so it means that congress led UPA2 has finally decided to give a go ahead to this deal i guess they need there "oopri kamai" more than ever before cause this could proove to be last deal they made no issues if it helps owr defnce prepairdness i wish they dont make way too much kickbacks like they recentli did in C17 & augasta westland chopper deal

so it means that congress led UPA2 has finally decided to give a go ahead to this deal i guess they need there "oopri kamai" more than ever before cause this could proove to be last deal they made no issues if it helps owr defnce prepairdness i wish they dont make way too much kickbacks like they recentli did in C17 & augasta westland chopper deal

Sirji, i don't want to sound like someone supporting corruption in defence deals but for the sake of IAF, hope govt does quickly to sign the deal. Mig 21 phasing out (albeit in small numbers) has already begun and by the time Rafale arrives in India (2017-18), total number of fighters on IAF's roll call be be down significantly. We are unfortunately staring at quite desperate time in future till perhaps 2022-25 when the number again increases to a comfortable value..

but till the time.....

url.gif

2rafale2.jpg

132222441.aO3EiifV.prayingani_8large.gif

^^^ MiG-21's retiring or not, the IAF is already short of fighters. Operating below the sanctioned strength hence we need these beasts ASAP.

It is time they complete the so called 'negotiation' and finalize the deal.

Hurrying now could cause problems later on.

India & France have come a long way in finalizing Rafale's first overseas sale, they
have hopefully reached the final stages of the negotiation.

No it means the french have dropped their demands that was counter to what they agreed to and was clearly spelt out as a stipulation by the Indian side i.e. TOT on all of it.

No it means the french have dropped their demands that was counter to what they agreed to and was clearly spelt out as a stipulation by the Indian side i.e. TOT on all of it.
well brother there is no such thing as full TOT all we will get is partial TOT that too in assembling or making the airframe and a few other things but spectra, RB2 ASEA,major avionikcs and sysytems will be french ...but nothing wrong in being hopefull

well brother there is no such thing as full TOT all we will get is partial TOT that too in assembling or making the airframe and a few other things but spectra, RB2 ASEA,major avionikcs and sysytems will be french ...but nothing wrong in being hopefull

you're right , but TOT stipulated in the RFI and RFP was getting a push back from the French after they agreed to it in the contract process. This was the reason for the delay and not because Indian side was being lethargic

J-10B is more advanced than Rafale, and is already in serial production.

Back
Top Bottom