What's new

Need a bit of info about current gun laws of Punjab/Pakistan

Dont worry brah i am not some crazy maniac going to shoot school kids or some other civilian target i just want for hobby/selfdefence/trophy purpose btw i am in my late 20s so dont worry and both those guys i know well thx for suggestion btw :)

I can tell you but then you've to take a vow

Vow? What kind of vow plz tell me in pm dont worry i wont commercialize the contact i know very few people can import arms easily it aint an easy job...

Vow? What kind of vow plz tell me in pm dont worry i wont commercialize the contact i know very few people can import arms easily it aint an easy job...

Try to quote posts you're replying to.....

If you want to reply to a post, click "quote"

upload_2020-2-29_23-48-0.png

Then click "insert quote" at the bottom of the page...this way, the person you're quoting/replying to can get a notification that they're being talked to and this keeps the discussion in order.

Otherwise readers/viewers think that you're firing posts into the air. :enjoy:

israelis are terrible examples to follow - don't even bother..
What about our prophet (SAW) who at the time of his last day in this world had nothing to eat but had 9 swords hanging on the walls.

This is on record that Israeli are allowed to have weapons and military serving of 2 years mandatory following our prophet and unfortunately not knowing the reality we are calling it bad.

Strange.

Gun laws don't matter in pakistan. There is no one to check or enforce them outside islamabad lahore lah karachi cities.

Majority household has more than 4 types of semi automatic rifles. In kashmir and kpk twice as much as punjab.

Never been to sindh or balochland.

Guns,horses, rides and swimming are a religious compulsion on muslim men. So its a part of culture/faith.

What about our prophet (SAW) who at the time of his last day in this world had nothing to eat but had 9 swords hanging on the walls.

This is on record that Israeli are allowed to have weapons and military serving of 2 years mandatory following our prophet and unfortunately not knowing the reality we are calling it bad.

Strange.

Those that don't study Islam and its many facets (Sunnah, Fiqh, Aqidah, Hadiths & History) are bound to roam this Earth like sheep looking for their shepherd....not knowing that they can draw a million and more inspirations from their predecessors (in faith).

This thread is huge facepalm....thanks to those who replied

Guys i am a junior govt employee and i have 2 other freinds who want to buy .22lr semi auto ar15 etc and plz no ak option..

Give me suggestions what other gun options i have and as a govt employee can i make more than one arms license and costs associated as u guys know from my post as of yet that its my first gun purchase so a little elaboration will be appriciated thx in adv
I have answered your Question at the bottom of my post, but a humble request or brotherly advise, please educate yourself on weapon handling and firearm safety before you consider buying a firearm. Your post has given away all lot on state of your mind or knolwedge with respect to Firearms. Heres why:

1) The license you are looking for is AR15 - semi auto only which is chambered in 5.56x 45 Nato or civilian variant, which applies in your case, will be .223 Remington & NOT .22lr . below is the comparison b/w .223 against .22lr.
If you don't know the calibre of the weapon you are carrying or intend to buy then you don't deserve to carry or own a firearm

main-qimg-c7161a8861d374d26b3ff94f72e66cb1

2) Your asking us about the amount of licenses a single person can hold, clearly shows that you have not read the Rules & Regulations or Firearms Act 2017 of Punjab. This shows your lack of knowledge on the law related to Firearm.

Hence it is in best interest of you and everyone around you to educate yourself on the Firearm safety & regulations.

NOW the answer to your Question:
Yes, you can have multiple licenses issued in your name, however you can have only ONE Gratis license issued to you being a Govt. servant. Under Firearms Act 2017,Punjab, you can be in possession of maximum 4 firearms licenses issued by Govt of Punjab. Only single Gratis license will be issued to you free of cost, but for other 3 firearm licenses you will have to pay out of your pocket.

I hope this settles the issue here

Nope....their tech & startup industry is way ahead of Pakistans and many other nations....their control over their own country and it's citizens is admirable too. If someone wants to copy Israel...do so in that regard.

We all know of the apartheid and the human rights abuses of Israel....no ones denying that.

If Israel can learn from the examples of Prophet Muhammad SAW.....adapt and beat Muslims using such examples...what's to stop Muslims learning from Israels?
Infact rivals are a blessing in disguise such that they give you regular lessons to take note of.

Take example of Prophet S.A time, Salman Farsi R.A was a persian, his acceptance of Islam, he aided in multiple Battles with Persians by guiding muslims about Persian tactics.

@Fox bro u dont know that ar14/m4/hk 416 or aks or even pistols etc etc come in .22lr calibre

I found this info on net and as for my experience never fired anything serious but went on many hunts with my elders :)

Bro u do have some experience with guns right?

Question becomes can i buy a semi auto .22lr calibre rifle on .22lr calibre license and plz dont tell there are approved calibres and not all calibre licenes have all types of weapons allowed on them?

Last edited:
Infact rivals are a blessing in disguise such that they give you regular lessons to take note of.

Take example of Prophet S.A time, Salman Farsi R.A was a persian, his acceptance of Islam, he aided in multiple Battles with Persians by guiding muslims about Persian tactics.

Exactly.

.223 Remington & NOT .22lr .
hi,

A little more info required, is .223 semi considered a NPB? Or PB? I'm Also planning to get one as well, currently I have two licences both NPB.

(Edited) Actually I've heard anything bigger than .44 is considered PB, please also explain if .223 semi is NPB and if I get the license can I use that NPB licence for .223 auto? (Edited)

Last edited:
@Fox bro u dont know that ar14/m4/hk 416 or aks or even pistols etc etc come in .22lr calibre

I found this info on net and as for my experience never fired anything serious but went on many hunts with my elders :)

Bro u do have some experience with guns right?

Question becomes can i buy a semi auto .22lr calibre rifle on .22lr calibre license and plz dont tell there are approved calibres and not all calibre licenes have all types of weapons allowed on them?
I know that brother and have seen those at many dealers. Few of the variants available in market chambered in .22lr are GSG-5 (MP-5 in 22lr) , ISSC MK22 (Scar 22.lr), ISSC m22 (.22lr Glock). These are most common ones i have seen in market, now I can't give you the price for these since I was never interested in these.

Coming back to your last question, yes You can buy and own a .22lr S/A on a .22lr license, but this will only be applicable for .22lr weapon and NOT any other rifle calibre. For example if you get yourself a 7mm or .223Reminghton license than if it does not specifies on license as .223 S/A or 7mm S/A, you cannot buy a semi auto variant of the rifles.

hi,

A little more info required, is .223 semi considered a NPB? Or PB? I'm Also planning to get one as well, currently I have two licences both NPB.
The law states that the NPB weapon needs to have capability to be fired in Semi Auto mode only, must be of barrel length greater than 16" and magazine capacity no more than 22 rounds.
However it has become an unwritten rule & unless one gets involved in court proceedings , you can get away with barrel length and magazine capacity. Any weapon that is Full Auto, is PB.
(Edited) Actually I've heard anything bigger than .44 is considered PB, please also explain if .223 semi is NPB and if I get the license can I use that NPB licence for .223 auto? (Edited)
If you are caught with a PB / Full Auto Weapon be it 9mm or a .223 & you are in possession of a NPB license than you can be charged under Section 13 / 20 / 65 West Pakistan Firearms ordinance .

When you are issued with .223 S/A (Semi Auto) license, you can carry any weapon which is capable of firing in S/A only, Full Auto is not allowed.

The law states that the NPB weapon needs to have capability to be fired in Semi Auto mode only, must be of barrel length greater than 16" and magazine capacity no more than 22 rounds.
However it has become an unwritten rule & unless one gets involved in court proceedings , you can get away with barrel length and magazine capacity. Any weapon that is Full Auto, is PB.
that I know, I only had confusion regarding .223 because .223 comes in many forms but thanks for clearing out.

@fox I was only considering .22lr in semi auto rifle only cuz its ammo is very very cheap and i dont need something to penatrate some kevlar armor just some very basic use thats all thx for guidance btw :)

Edit:Somebody ever imported ammo plus arms from any discount gun store as govt emplyee benificiary if yes plz give me some pointers if somebody can?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom