What's new

Naya KPK | News & Updates on the development in KPK.

Now this is something I was looking forward to.

Very important for KPK to get investment, it will do good. A Recent Visit to Pakistan was great just electricity killed it for me to be honest. Anyways any new changes even the little ones?

I heard new traffic systems will be put in place in Peshawar/New solar lights/changes in city cleaning system? is that true!

More Importantly the government should certainly make changes where it does not cost them money or very little, In a year or 2 we will find out.

I hope that KPK as a Province should be developed and not just one area.

Very important for KPK to get investment, it will do good. A Recent Visit to Pakistan was great just electricity killed it for me to be honest. Anyways any new changes even the little ones?

I heard new traffic systems will be put in place in Peshawar/New solar lights/changes in city cleaning system? is that true!

More Importantly the government should certainly make changes where it does not cost them money or very little, In a year or 2 we will find out.

I hope that KPK as a Province should be developed and not just one area.

LS has been reduced phenomenally in the past two, three weeks... and there's no LS in my Areas since 3PM (it's 10PM right now). May be just because of the cold weather.

Yes people are feeling the 'CHANGE'. The leadership is active and things are being dealt with as it should be. There're solar panels installed in defence area as a pilot project for Traffic Signalling and Road lights and I've a feeling that it would be installed throughout the city in coming weeks.

The city looks relatively clean and many renovation projects are underway.

Govt to start work on four energy projects

Govt to start work on four energy projects

The provincial government has planned to start work on four gigantic energy projects of 457 Megawatt capacity with an objective to overcome shortfall of energy besides providing an inexpensive electricity to consumers, industries and agriculture sectors.
These mega projects included Sharmai power project with a capacity of 150 Megawatt, Shasgai (144 MW), Shagosan (132MW) and Koto (31MW) on which work would start next year after approval by the Federal Govt, official sources in energy department in Civil Secretariat told APP on Thursday.
Pakhtunkhwa Hydel Development Organization (PHYDO) is constructing two new projects at Machai and Nawalia, having a total capacity of 20 MW and hopefully it will start production in upcoming fiscal year, he said.
To attract private investment, Energy and Power Department through PHYDO has also conducted prefeasibility study of 10 raw sites in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Moreover, action plan 2011-21 under PHYDO has started work on six hydel projects with a capacity of 238 MW.
The completion of these projects would help address problems of load shedding and will give boost to agriculture and industrial sectors.
In addition to this, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has signed two Memorandum of Unders*tanding (MOU) for development of lower Palas valley Hydropower (665 MW) and Spat Gah hydropower project 496 MW) at Kohistan under public private partnership with a total cost of US$ 3 billion.
In ADP 2013-14, an amount of Rs.1527 million has been allocated for 28 schemes and if required an additional fund up to Rs 3billion would be provided.
For this purpose, he said adding that necessary amendments would be made in Hydel Development Fund (HDF).
He said to develop the potential of the province in hydel power generation, focus was being made to go for alternate energy and oil and gas to contribute significantly in the redressal of energy crises in the country and generate resources for self-sustainability of the Province.
The Government of KP has imposed energy emergency in the province and committed to raise the capacity of PHYDO and Energy & Power Department to highest level of excellence.
He said the government was focusing on developing feasible alternative energy sources to mitigate the effects of power short falls and developing hydel policy frame work in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
He said the Government was planning to setup a state-of art Oil Refinery at Khushal Garh in Kohat in partnership with Pakistan State Oil (PSO) with capacity of 40,000 barrel per day production, adding an MoU with PSO has already been signed in this regard and that its construction will start soon after completion of the feasibility studies.
Likewise, he said, the Government has signed a loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank for development of hydro power potential in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Under this project, the projects of establishment of Oil refinery in Kohat, feasibility studies of potential raw sites, construction of 200 MW thermal Power Plant, construction of 10 MW of solar Power Generation facility besides building of 10 MW wind power generation facility in KP would be completed.
Also, feasibility study for alternate energy potential for wind, solar and bio- mass would also be made.
Under Energy Emergency's special initiatives, he said, Rs. 300 million would be provided to the Bank of Khyber (BoK) to provide easy loans to manufacturers and importers of KP to invest in solar energy projects and preparation of equipments at local level in order to fully tap the alternate energy resources potential.
The government with cooperation of Peshawar Electric Supply Company (PESCO) is also working on formation of a Task Force to prepare recommendations for enhancing quality in delivery and distribution of electricity in KP. For this purpose, the Government has proposed allocation of Rs.10 million in the budget 2013-14.
To get rid of huge expenses of streetlights, he said, Energy and Power Development Department with cooperation of Local Govt department have prepared a comprehensive plan to transfer streetlights on solar energy for which Rs.100 million was earmarked in upcoming fiscal year. Another project regarding establishment of Green Secretariat was also under consideration to reduce use and wastage of energy in Govt offices.

Very VEry good... foreign talks for investment and 4 energy projects being started and ofcourse the free medicine being provided in every Govt hospital also takes the cake. If he can implement all this then Imran change would come and i am glad that In such a short while Imran is tackling the issues and finding solutions. Good work and keep it up. Will keep a look out for more updates.

944461_10151549839799527_2044218166_n.jpg

yes slowly and surely those energy projects will solve those problems..... it has only been a few weeks but they have started good work.

Back
Top Bottom