What's new

Naya KPK | News & Updates on the development in KPK.

I have the same question when the dates are going to be announced?

Sent from my RM-825_im_mea3_287 using Tapatalk
Because of the delay caused by ANP and the implementation of thumb verification, it had to be moved to sometime around April.

@Aeronaut why the thread is being removed from sticky ?

I might have misunderstood you but this is not about food reliance within the province. You are part of a large country and other parts of the country produce enough that you could buy. It is like using your land in the best possible way. There are certain type of food and fruit that you can only grow in KPK because of its land and special weather and those food items are generally much costly as compared to conventional crops. You have to think of it analogous to competitive advantage of countries/regions. KPK has more competitive advantage in growing special kind of food items that can actually fetch more money in the market and KPK can use part of that money to import cheaper conventional food items. This would actually help the whole country if we understand basic economics.

Unconventional crops do not have to be fruit and even if growing fruit takes longer, you can divide the land holding into smaller parts and grow fruit in one part and unconventional crops in the remaining area so you could slowly transfer from growing one type of crop to other desired food items in phases. All of this would require intelligent guidance from the people who are trained to work with the farmers and who understand how to help the farmers manage their resources including any possibility of help from the government.

food reliance is very important. I agree with what you are saying, but self-reliance is a step forward.

food reliance is very important. I agree with what you are saying, but self-reliance is a step forward.

If I can stretch my argument to extreme in order to explain the gist of it, and ask if you could grow gold in your fields and you are bent on growing wheat for food-reliance, you will not be called intelligent.

If I can stretch my argument to extreme in order to explain the gist of it, and ask if you could grow gold in your fields and you are bent on growing wheat for food-reliance, you will not be called intelligent.

Im not saying that what you say is wrong. but diversifying is better. Not all farms will make the shift cause it would take years to grow fruit trees, its a late returning investment..

Im not saying that what you say is wrong. but diversifying is better. Not all farms will make the shift cause it would take years to grow fruit trees, its a late returning investment..

KP divided into 3,493 councils as delimitation completes
Elections to be held by the end of the April.

KP divided into 3,493 councils as delimitation completes - DAWN.COM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wildlife involve students in tree plantation make Khyber Pakhtunkhwa green

Wildlife involve students in tree plantation make Khyber Pakhtunkhwa green | Pakistan Education News | CAP SSC HSSC BISE Date sheet result exams
Wildlife involve students in tree plantation make Khyber Pakhtunkhwa green

Wildlife involve students in tree plantation make Khyber Pakhtunkhwa green | Pakistan Education News | CAP SSC HSSC BISE Date sheet result exams

Last edited:
Youth programmes: Tourism ministry announces ADP plans

Festival called ‘Jashan-Nawjawan’ and the Spring Youth Olympics is also planned. PHOTO: AFP

The Ministry of Tourism on Thursday announced some of its upcoming projects lined up in the ministry’s Annual Development Programme for 2013-14.

In a news conference, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Minister for Tourism Mehmood Khan revealed the ministry will launch a Rs20 million project by the name of ‘Youth Promotional Activities in the Province’.

This will include arranging student tours to heritage sites, leadership conferences, student exchange programmes, hiking and camping tours, a festival called ‘Jashan-Nawjawan’ and the Spring Youth Olympics.

The conference was also attended by Tourism Corporation K-P Managing Director Mushtaq Ahmed Khan, Secretary Sports Ahmad Hassan, Deputy Secretary Muhammad Ali Shah and additional secretary sports.

The minister said this was a good opportunity for the youth to showcase their skills while such initiatives will also serve to spread peace in the region. He added that invitation letters have been issued to all public and private schools.

Youth programmes: Tourism ministry announces ADP plans – The Express Tribune

BhVgLofCQAEAfgN.jpg

Peshawar !

Last edited:
Police plan model traffic corridor in Peshawar

The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police have decided to establish a seven-kilometre long model traffic corridor in Peshawar to ease pressure on roads and ensure smooth flow of traffic.

KP Inspector General of Police Nasir Khan Durrani said this while speaking at the first meeting of police working group here on Thursday. Ex-additional chief secretary home Faiz Ahmad Khan Toru presided over the meeting, which was attended by members of the group and senior police officers, according to a press release.

The IGP said that the planned corridor in Peshawar would be replicated in other parts of Peshawar district after its success. He said that police needed proper traffic engineering unit and suggested that the working group ought to give its inputs to the government for purchase of equipment for effective intelligence system.

The participants said that the government had constituted the working group to introduce reforms in the KP police.

The IGP briefed the members about the present challenges and initiatives being taken by the police department to handle the wave of terrorism and law and order situation.

The participants were briefed about the establishment of counter terrorism department (CTD), traffic management system, forensic science laboratory, community policing and police order 2002. The IGP sought the input of the working group for expediting work on the establishment of CTD headquarters.

The participants were informed that a school of investigation and school of intelligence are being opened in Peshawar and Abbottabad, respectively, to improve the system.

Likewise, the IGP said the police also intended to have regional training school in each of the regional headquarters of the province. The participants were told that five years crime record of the province was being digitalised, while recruitment of junior clerks and constables will be done through National Testing Service or Educational Testing and Evaluation Agency (ETEA) and promotion examinations through ETEA.

Mr Toru commended the initiatives of the force. On this occasion, core groups were formed to interact with the working group to formulate its recommendations for improving working conditions at police stations, implementing the police order 2002, etc. The group also decided to hold weekly meeting on regular basis.

Police plan model traffic corridor in Peshawar - DAWN.COM

KP to establish Air, Technical universities in Nowshera

KP increases flour mills daily wheat quota to 35,000 tons

The Department of Food, KPK has phase-wisely increased the wheat quota of flour mills from 15000 tons per day to 35,000 tons per day while the quality of flour had also been improved to provide nutrition enriched commodity to the people. During the year 2013, the government was used to provide 15000 ton wheat to flour millers on daily basis, which after phase-wised increase has reached to 35000 ton per day. The statement further said that the prices of essential food items has registered stability and prices of vegetables, fruits, rice, pulses and meat are constantly on decline and all these products are in abundance and easily available.

The furthermore the department said it has also strengthened the monitoring of essential household items and their prices are under strict vigilance. Anyone found involved in profiteering or hoarding are being given punishments accordingly.

It said the employees of the Department of Food are carrying checking of each and every market on daily basis and on according to explained policy of the provincial government the employees instead of sitting in their offices have been directed for visiting bazaars and markets of their respective districts.

KP increases flour mills daily wheat quota to 35,000 tons

Last edited:
best news i have read in day on KPK. so the govt is not sleeping regarding local bodies. happy to see them busy with the delimitation without creating any mess

Yup this was the best news to me as well.. govt to hold election in April.

Back
Top Bottom