What's new

Nawaz says one more chance being given to talks

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Nawaz Shareef has just concluded his speech in NA where he announces 4 members committee to look over peace talks including Irfan Siddiqui and Rahmiullah YuzufZai and Rustam Shah Mohammand he says he want to give one more chance to peace talks

Any deadline or time frame ? Is this negotiation for deciding terms of Tabliban's surrender or State's surrender?

Any deadline or time frame ? Is this negotiation for deciding terms of Tabliban's surrender or State's surrender?

no just one condition by NS ..... 'Stop Terrorist Activities' to show the seriousness in a peaceful solution ..... video of the full speech is not available as of yet, it had a clear tone for other possibilities in diplomatic language, while listing his speech I was expecting the announcement for Military Operation ........

no just one condition by NS ..... 'Stop Terrorist Activities' to show the seriousness in a peaceful solution ..... video of the full speech is not available as of yet, it had a clear tone for other possibilities in diplomatic language, while listing his speech I was expecting the announcement for Military Operation ........

Announcement of military operation is not needed but he must give go ahead to armed forces to blast a$$es of these p!gs wherever they find them - to keep mouths of terrorist apologists & supporters shut drama of dialog can be continued.

In my humble opinion PNL-N is also a right of centre party full of Taliban sympathizers as well as ministers such as Rana Sana Ullah who openly hobnobs with the SSP/LEJ sectarian killers. I am certain that even if Nawaz Sharif wanted to start military operation; he would not be supported by many among his own party especially when his new advisor Irfan Siddiqui carries a soft spot for religious extremists.

Additionally, PML-N is scared of being branded as a ‘War monger’ by the TTP loving Urdu media; especially the like of Ansar Abbasi of the Jang Group among others. Nawaz is therefore afraid of losing rightest vote to the Taliban Khan in the coming municipal elections. Based on the above Nawaz Sharif can only talk tough to the extremists but lacks the political will to act tough as well. I am however disappointed at the selection of members of the negotiation party. Except Rahimullah Yusuf Zai, who has a balanced approach, all others are rightist.

Anyone who has read Irfan Siddiqui's columns will know that he is ultra-rightest. Major Amir Khan and Brigadier Imtiaz Ahmed (both of ISI) were tried under a court martial in 1989 for destabilising Benazir Bhutto’s first gov’t. Thus Major Amer Khan is someone who wouldn’t think much of plotting a Military Coup against an elected government which he considered too far leftist.

Rustom Shah Mohmand is the PTI Think Tank Chairman on Taliban and most of the Imran Khan statements in support of Taliban have probably been vetted by him. He was Additional Secretary of the Interior during 1989 when Pakistan was supporting Gulbuddin Hikmatyar against Tajik dominated Kabul regime. He is also a former Ambassador to Kabul.

Thus the committee has 3 pro Taliban and one non-biased members. I would have preferred a saner and more balanced person instead of the Major Amer khan.

Nevertheless it is a ‘Fait accompli’. Let us wait and see how successful this attempt turns out to be.

In my humble opinion PNL-N is also a right of centre party full of Taliban sympathizers as well as ministers such as Rana Sana Ullah who openly hobnobs with the SSP/LEJ sectarian killers. I am certain that even if Nawaz Sharif wanted to start military operation; he would not be supported by many among his own party especially when his new advisor Irfan Siddiqui carries a soft spot for religious extremists.

Additionally, PML-N is scared of being branded as a ‘War monger’ by the TTP loving Urdu media; especially the like of Ansar Abbasi of the Jang Group among others. Nawaz is therefore afraid of losing rightest vote to the Taliban Khan in the coming municipal elections. Based on the above Nawaz Sharif can only talk tough to the extremists but lacks the political will to act tough as well. I am however disappointed at the selection of members of the negotiation party. Except Rahimullah Yusuf Zai, who has a balanced approach, all others are rightist.

Anyone who has read Irfan Siddiqui's columns will know that he is ultra-rightest. Major Amir Khan and Brigadier Imtiaz Ahmed (both of ISI) were tried under a court martial in 1989 for destabilising Benazir Bhutto’s first gov’t. Thus Major Amer Khan is someone who wouldn’t think much of plotting a Military Coup against an elected government which he considered too far leftist.

Rustom Shah Mohmand is the PTI Think Tank Chairman on Taliban and most of the Imran Khan statements in support of Taliban have probably been vetted by him. He was Additional Secretary of the Interior during 1989 when Pakistan was supporting Gulbuddin Hikmatyar against Tajik dominated Kabul regime. He is also a former Ambassador to Kabul.

Thus the committee has 3 pro Taliban and one non-biased members. I would have preferred a saner and more balanced person instead of the Major Amer khan.

Nevertheless it is a ‘Fait accompli’. Let us wait and see how successful this attempt turns out to be.

NS will leave behind a huge mess like zia which the next guy like musharraf will have to clean up

Nawaz is a genius and he is playing in USA hands Rustam right now is on TV and says he don't even know he is part of committee

well its the job of PTI then because his name was given to nawaz by PTI

It is no secret that the terrorists have been fully focused on destabilizing the region, and Pakistan in particular, continues to face the wrath of terrorism. We share a common stance against terrorism, and greatly appreciate Pakistan’s sacrifices in the region. At the same time, we want to make it clear that Pakistan in an independent partner nation and it is up to Pakistan whether to take military action against the terrorists or to hold peace talks with them. We repeat what U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan Richard G. Olson said recently: “The United States and Pakistan continue to have a vital, shared strategic interest in ending extremist violence so as to build a more prosperous, stable and peaceful region, but Pakistan has to make its own decisions for a secure country.”

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command

Back
Top Bottom