What's new

Nawaz losing grip on his party: Babar Awan

Aeon

Reaction score
Nawaz losing grip on his party: Babar Awan
Tuesday, 07 Sep, 2010

KARACHI: Federal Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs Babar Awan on Tuesday said that the Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz had dual standards of politics, and that PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif was now losing his grip on his party.

Addressing media representatives, Awan said Punjab’s law and order situation was appalling because it had been handed over to “an outlaw”.

Awan said the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) faced trials whenever the PML-N governed the Punjab province.

He further said that the PPP will sweep the 2013 elections in Punjab as well. — DawnNews

hmmm so if Nawaz is losing grip who is gaining power in the party?

Sharif is basically loosing his popularity and his khushamdiay are negotiating with other parties incl. PPPP.
BTW... does some one still believe Sharif have the influence to topple PPPP govt.?
PPPP is treating Sharif like a dog who only meed bone to close his mouth.

There are also news of forward block in PPP better to first settle affairs at home.

Sharif is basically loosing his popularity and his khushamdiay are negotiating with other parties incl. PPPP.
BTW... does some one still believe Sharif have the influence to topple PPPP govt.?
PPPP is treating Sharif like a dog who only meed bone to close his mouth.

Yes, Nawaz Sharif can bring down the government in a mass movement. BUT...there is no guarantee that the Army--the ultimate power--is ready for him yet.

I really think both PPP and PMLN are loosely following the Charter of Democracy and 'live and let live' policy despite the hiccup of the Governer's Rule following the High Court ruling against Shabaz Sharif.

The next PM of Pakistan is most probably Nawaz Sharif. He knows that he can probably win on the back of votes from central/northern Punjab alone in 2013. So why rush, especially considering that his party controls more than half of Pakistan?

If this is the case, then which way is ttp ohh sorry ppp is going !! :cheesy:

And forget anp & mqm!!

All of our governments are on a sinking ship, yet they have time to laugh on other, see see you are sinking!!:chilli:

Analyzing the setbacks in core constituencies and knowing limitations,
if I were Nawaz Sharif, I would be doing two things. Getting rid of
hawks in my circle of advisors and party organization and picking up
the telephone and calling the President offering him an era of
cooperation and mutual trust. Pakistani nation will embrace this era –
it just needs a heart of a statesman on part of Mian Sahib. Another
moment of truth might come real soon for him in 18th amendment case.
He has an opportunity to right some of his recent wrongs by siding
with the parliament. An action contrary might give him short-term
media applause but will neither disrupt the system nor will give him
any real political mileage.

if i were PML-N supporter i wont be taking this statement seriously as its been given by rival political party representative and that also by baber awan who was accused of taking & giving bribes to lawyers ... :D,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom