What's new

Nawaz comes to Delhi : My views

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
To begin with Modi took the nation by surprise by inviting leaders of the SAARC for his swearing in scheduled for this evening. This has happened in the past. The Indian Vice President attended the swearing in ceremony of the President of the Maldives and so on.

To that end , its a good sign that leaders of the SAARC nation involve each other. MMS's not attending NS's ceremony in my opinion was unfortunate and can be attributed to a combination of a shaky govt and a weak personality.

Been reading a lot of angry posts by Pak members here on how wronged they feel on what NS is about to.

In my opinion he needs to be commended for showing statesmanship. Whats wrong if he comes to New Delhi ? The fact that he makes a visit does not imply he will sign off Pak claim to J&K. Lets face it, India has been the bane of Pakistan all along. This would give the two PM's an opportunity to meet and gauge each others mind which is the start point of relations.

Modi threw a curved ball at a NS. He would have been seen in poor light internationally if he chose not to come and now that he is on his way , he is further alienated amongst the hard liners.

We S Asians have larger than life egos. We rarely forget & never forgive.This is the reason why we remain where we are whilst Germany & Japan have moved on & reached where they have. Going by our kind of approach they ought to have been sworn enemies for life with the Allied powers of WW 2.

Havent we tried everything we could to shaft each other ? How did they help ? In my view they did not help.

Our animosity is running economies & providing jobs across the world while we flounder .

So what if NS & NaMo meet , and why shouldnt they meet ? In fact I'd go step further to say let them meet now before non state actors do what they are best at and ruin chances of a meet when attitudes harden on both sides.

All in all, NS has shown good qualities of head & heart by accepting the invite.

Lets not jump to conclusions and let the water flow and find its own path. Storing it will only build up pressure.

To begin with Modi took the nation by surprise by inviting leaders of the SAARC for his swearing in scheduled for this evening. This has happened in the past. The Indian Vice President attended the swearing in ceremony of the President of the Maldives and so on.

To that end , its a good sign that leaders of the SAARC nation involve each other. MMS's not attending NS's ceremony in my opinion was unfortunate and can be attributed to a combination of a shaky govt and a weak personality.

Been reading a lot of angry posts by Pak members here on how wronged they feel on what NS is about to.

In my opinion he needs to be commended for showing statesmanship. Whats wrong if he comes to New Delhi ? The fact that he makes a visit does not imply he will sign off Pak claim to J&K. Lets face it, India has been the bane of Pakistan all along. This would give the two PM's an opportunity to meet and gauge each others mind which is the start point of relations.

Modi threw a curved ball at a NS. He would have been seen in poor light internationally if he chose not to come and now that he is on his way , he is further alienated amongst the hard liners.

We S Asians have larger than life egos. We rarely forget & never forgive.This is the reason why we remain where we are whilst Germany & Japan have moved on & reached where they have. Going by our kind of approach they ought to have been sworn enemies for life with the Allied powers of WW 2.

Havent we tried everything we could to shaft each other ? How did they help ? In my view they did not help.

Our animosity is running economies & providing jobs across the world while we flounder .

So what if NS & NaMo meet , and why shouldnt they meet ? In fact I'd go step further to say let them meet now before non state actors do what they are best at and ruin chances of a meet when attitudes harden on both sides.

All in all, NS has shown good qualities of head & heart by accepting the invite.

Lets not jump to conclusions and let the water flow and find its own path. Storing it will only build up pressure.
Without Army approval or wish Nawaz can't do anything Army is a little busy with Taliban these days and also Geo so they give a dam about weather Nawaz goes or not but once they get rid of both these issues they will tell How to go forward with India and if nawaz will not listen they will just create some trouble on border and all talks will go in drain

Without Army approval or wish Nawaz can't do anything Army is a little busy with Taliban these days and also Geo so they give a dam about weather Nawaz goes or not but once they get rid of both these issues they will tell How to go forward with India and if nawaz will not listen they will just create some trouble on border and all talks will go in drain

This is something the world is aware of.

Which is exactly the reason they have ' permitted' him to go to New Delhi.

In any case he must be carrying a list of Do's and dont's given to him.

In this instance NS has been advised well to make this trip. Not making it would have led him to lose more.

This is something the world is aware of.

Which is exactly the reason they have ' permitted' him to go to New Delhi.

In any case he must be carrying a list of Do's and dont's given to him.

In this instance NS has been advised well to make this trip. Not making it would have led him to lose more.
Exactly so some dumbo is commenting on Times Now right now that Nawaz is now in control so tell them to wake up Mr its Army who rocks in Pakistan these corrupt dumbos can do nothing

Lets not jump to either conclusions or daydreaming. This is nothing but a courtesy call.

No one realises the realities on the ground as well as we do.

Hence there is no day dreaming or jumping to conclusions.

Just stating facts that - let them meet , they have nothing to lose at this stage.

Exactly so some dumbo is commenting on Times Now right now that Nawaz is now in control so tell them to wake up Mr its Army who rocks in Pakistan these corrupt dumbos can do nothing

Arre..

Times Now does not run the nation. Let them earn some money & TRP.

Thats where their views are limited to & will remain.

1. Members on this forum doesnt mean entire Pakistan still if you collect all the comments then its like 10 members are for his visit while 2 are against it. Its the ration so positive response is higher and our Army, Civilian parliament and other important opposition members approved this visit so PAKISTANI NATION IS ON SAMe PAGE .

2. Modi played a card and NS and Pakistan Bluffed him in the game. And NO hardliners also approved it, we are little softer hardliner than Indian extreme hardliners :)

3. Why not they should meet.

4. NOT just NS rather entier Pakistan had shown best nature by approving the visit

Lets not jump to either conclusions or daydreaming. This is nothing but a courtesy call.

Of course there is no reason to jump to either any conclusions or to indulge in day-dreaming. Its nothing but an opportunity for Nawaz Sharif to savor the delights of some delicacies like Khamang Dhokla and Kesar Pineapple Shrikhand.
Its like being invited to a wedding in a neighbor's house. On such occasions, one only gets to be fed well; property disputes do not get discussed.
However there is a great deal of symbolism attached to a symbolic event.
Modi gets to show that he is a statesman with a vision and Sharif gets to show that he is a man of courage, unmindful of the Khaki minders and monitors that shadow his life.

I am upset that so much importance being given to his visit, what about other guys. Are they insignificant because they are small and less powerful?
Indian media will behave like kids now. Imagine invited to a party and nobody bothers to even recognize your presence.

Sharif gets to show that he is a man of courage, unmindful of the Khaki minders and monitors that shadow his life.
If that's the case then NS is doing a very bad job by meeting Khaki leadership and taking them into confidence just a few hours before his flight to Delhi.

From what I've heard on the news, Nawaz and Modi only discussed emotional topics.

Reportedly, Nawaz said to Modi "When I saw your mother feeding you, I recalled my mother doing the same"...and this motherhood talk then went on.

As expected, there would be no strategic outcome of this little charade...it's all for show IMO.

Nawaz didn't really fill me up with confidence the way he met with Modi. Nawaz looked as if he had a case of stage fright!

From what I've heard on the news, Nawaz and Modi only discussed emotional topics.

Reportedly, Nawaz said to Modi "When I saw your mother feeding you, I recalled my mother doing the same"...and this motherhood talk then went on.

As expected, there would be no strategic outcome of this little charade...it's all for show IMO.

Nawaz didn't really fill me up with confidence the way he met with Modi. Nawaz looked as if he had a case of stage fright!
Huh....last time I remember his statements... while addressing with Indian journalist all he said that 'hum hi wohi khatay hain Jo aap khatay hain'..now I see that he is resembling motherhood..I am sensing that Mr.Sharif may disappoint us like last time he did when visited when House to discuss Pakistan-US strategy in case of Pak-Afghan policy

Last edited:
Well played by Nawaz Sharif! That was a tricky one to play..

Nawaz sharif has stolen the light with his wisdom and forward thinking ignoring the old ways and in with new well done

Back
Top Bottom