What's new

Navy to procure three dimensional radars for warships

^^^ why can't it install Revathi on these???? If we have a 3D-CAR then why buy from outside again?? BTW which ship is this? looks huge.... is it a Delhi class destroyer?

The Revathi is an excellent radar but it is planner array not AESA. Navy wants modern AESA. This is a Nilgiri class frigate.

Yeah,and hopefully the Brahmos 2 and Barak NG(not 8)gets ready by 2018 so that these missiles can be incorporated onboard the P 17A FFGs and P 15B DDGs.
Barak NG or Barak 2 or Barak 8 are the same thing.

Barak NG or Barak 2 or Barak 8 are the same thing.

Nah,Barak NG is the extended range version with an additional booster for the IAF and future warships of IN like P 15A DDGs,P 17A FFGs and P 28A corvettes.This version will have a range of 120 km instead of 80 km of the Barak 8 MR SAM.
REGARDS. . . . . . . . , . . . .

in future indian navy invest more due to chinese presence in indian ocean

The Revathi is an excellent radar but it is planner array not AESA. Navy wants modern AESA. This is a Nilgiri class frigate.

The Revati 3d CAR is specificaly developed for the 4 P28 stealth ASW Corvettes.They will work as the target aquisation radar for the Barak SAMs.

in future indian navy invest more due to chinese presence in indian ocean

I dont think its related to Chinese presence in the Indian ocean. Lets not drag China in to the topic.

The Revati 3d CAR is specificaly developed for the 4 P28 stealth ASW Corvettes.They will work as the target aquisation radar for the Barak SAMs.

Rite bro. Revathi will be onboard P-28. But for Barak-1's target acquisition there is a STGR radar, Revathi can act as initial cue.

Rite bro. Revathi will be onboard P-28. But for Barak-1's target acquisition there is a STGR radar, Revathi can act as initial cue.

As far as my understanding goes,the Elta STGR will act as the fire control radar for Barak 1 SAMs,Revati 3d CAR will aquire the targets then hand them over to STGR just like Rajendra Bl2/3 is fcr for Akash MkI and the Rohini 3d CAR acts as the target aquisation radar.I may be wrong though.
But I would like to add that LRDE should have replaced the current slotted planer array antena of Rohini/Revati 3d CAR with atleast a PESA antena if not an AESA.

Back
Top Bottom