What's new

Navy agrees to buy four Russian frigates for $3 bn

You are too obsessed with India my friend.

Just ignore the trolls buddy.....and try your best not to become one :)

You really want me to reference everything being said about China when it had same size of Economy as India does today (whether you use nominal or PPP no matter)?

It was early to mid 2000s and just in one military forum (about fighter aircraft) I frequented, all kind of nasty stuff said about China (I still have the conversations saved, mostly because lot of good military veterans participated), with lots of links etc.... did it make China horrendously backward because same kind of people can cherry pick? Why indulge in that yourself?
I'm responsible for what I said. Provide all links.

Now, please answer me - a dozen years ago, do you see the Chinese mocking India? do you see the Chinese show arrogance?

Now, please answer me - a dozen years ago, do you see the Chinese mocking India? do you see the Chinese show arrogance?

Yes there were a number of chinese members on that very forum who insulted India whenever they could....cpl were even Chinese origin guys in the US.

Again it contrasted a lot with Chinese (even PRC stronk!) ppl that I made friends with in real life....and still contrasts today. Internet (esp defence forums) is not a nice place for this kind of conversation, what else is new?

Anyways I will leave you to your fun and games and Aamir Khan movies ;)

Stocks of ammunition?

Even frigate need to import?
No India makes its own frigates and destroyers. In this case Russia was stuck with 2 frigates which it could not use immediately as it was partially built and Ukraine put sanctions on Russia for the gas turbine engine which was to be purchased. Since Ukraine was a Russian ally, Russia was importing engine from it. Sudden change of events made things difficult for Russia. Also, India will get extensive transfer of technology along with the frigate. This is a win win situation.

PS: India and Russia are allies.

32 VLS, land attack cruise missiles, SRSAM, ASuW so on :secret:, starting construction within early next year, thanks to Chinese brothers @wanglaokan :thinktank: for helping us to build frigate:fans:

That type 54 is a low weight ship. I am not sure how effective it will be. Not much capability can be installed in ships of such low weights.

I re-search shipbuilding and export list. did not find India.
India is the world's largest or second largest scrapyard of ships. India also makes cargo ships for exports which has a market of 1 billion dollars.

India has not yet exported ships for defence to any country yet.

yes 4k vs 5.5k, how about making 30,000 ton frigate :lol: You have yet to reach Chinese shipbuilding capabilities.
Chinese Type54B frigates' firepower even surpurses your Kolkata class destroyers, if only weight mattered that would have been great :crazy_pilot: even we are getting customized version which surpluses your Project 17A frigate's firepower :nhl_checking:
Do you understand that the destoyers with India has much more capability in terms of sensors, radars, air surveillance etc? The missile used by Indian ships are Brahmos which can't be defended against by most SAMs. BD anti ship missile will be subsonic ones which are not as lethal as Brahmos.

India also has submarines?
Now, India also has SLBM?
No, the India Navy is only bomb, bomb, bomb...
What do you think India is building SSBN for if it does not have SLBM? India has 2 SLBM - 750km K15 and 5000km K4 missiles.
Does India also have quality???

God, what do I see? A illiterate country boasts of its quality.:-)

First improve the quality of Indians. illiteracy...
India has enough literacy. There is no need to whine more about it.

No, you still don't understand what I mean.
I say - the India people are cheap and inferior (After all, low life expectancy and 400 million illiteracy.).

Now, even if India is a BBB- country, China still does not stop helping India. In many ways, India relies on Chinese technology, including 5G networks, rail transit, renewable energy, infrastructure... Even weapon system.

Communication equipment.

5G deployment in India will happen in line with global timeline: Huawei

Rail traffic and train chips.

Chinese firm exports transistor chips for Indian locomotives

Exports eight-inch chips to India

CRRC Dalian obtains metro vehicle export order from Nagpur, India

China’s CRRC to provide 14 subway trains with 112 carriages to India

China set to export trains for Mumbai Metro Rail project

China's leading train manufacturer starts operation in India

Kolkata Metro Unveils Design of CNR Dalian Trains

Chinese Corporation CRRC to supply coaches to Nagpur Metro

Chinese firm gets Rs 604 contract for Mumbai metro rail proj

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_1_(Mumbai_Metro)

and, Delhi metro escalator also comes from the Chinese company - Canny.

http://www.canny-elevator.com/en/new_info.aspx?newsid=956&NewsCateId=168

Renewable energy.

China’s Sany Plans 1 GW Renewable Energy Capacity In India

Engineering equipment.

Sany India secure orders the maldives tens of millions of do

We even helped the India cannon reach the Saudi level.

Fake Chinese spares for indigenised Bofors guns

Now the India cannon is close to the Saudi level.

Saudis Use Chinese-made Cannons in Yemen

And the basis @Syama Ayas;India's B??? Missile is a copy of the Chinese missile(sorry, I forgot its name).

India should be more grateful to us. Because we help India missiles reach Turkey level!

Turkey Is Ready To Export Chinese Ballistic Missiles

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/we-help-india-so-much-why-dont-india-thank-us.534018/

Indian, international joke...:lol:

View attachment 456469

@cyclops Indians, knelt down to thank us. Please.:-)

India can never match China. China has 3 times the land as India and hence much more water than India. This means Chinese have the ability to grow more food than India and also get free hydroelectricity. China also has 4-5 times as much petroleum and natural gas, 2-3 times as much iron, 4 times as much lead and zinc, 20times as much phosphate, 5 times as much wood/timber and 2 times as much coal and Uranium compared to India.

How do you expect India to match China in any of the industry when the raw material itself id not available? Do you want Indians to do magic? China was able to grow that fast due to availability of natural resource at its disposal

India found an intelligent way - service exports. India lacked natural resources but had huge population and used it for providing services to the world. Today. Indians are key to running most of the IT industry across the world, serve as doctors, engineers, accountants in middle east and are a major workforce in silicon valley.

Note that in services, China has a net trade deficit whereas india has a trade surplusb. This is also an indicator of where people are actually more intelligent. India is unfortunate to have low resources but has intelligent people.

India will not build unnecessarily large quantity of good when it is not necessary. Only technology creation, prototypes and technology demonstrators will be built to keep technology ready for expansion at the right time.

India for all practical purpose lives on imported resources, though it has the ability to ramp up domestic resource production any time. However, doing so will cause great strain in the country's reserves and deplete the little resource. So, until it is important to do so, India will continue to live modestly. China has large resource which it need not fear will be depleted soon and hence is capable o living lavishly

China had also buy ship from Russia, there are several advantages for buying ship:
1. you increase your ship count quickly.
2. you have a "red force" that you can assess if the quality of ship u build yourself is up to standard.
3. you can use them for frontline as they do not give away your own domestic capabilities.

so I totally feel Indian action make sense.

of course China has already past this stage and had reach a level of confidence in their own equipment, but India is still in need of expansion, validation and concealment. but there are some difference between what China bought and what India bought. the Chinese bought full frontline destroyer, but India is only buys Frigate. this means India still see it shortfall in the near seas vs China which already had ambition of sailing into other seas...

interestingly, the Chinese has not abandon the Russian made warship, they are currently being refitted with Chinese weapons but the loadout suggest they are being retask as an oversized frigate, which make sense considering these ship was originally design for supporting soviet offensive, they would make good protectors of the landing ship while China's own 055 destroyer hunt down enemy warships with their oversized radar.

Note that in services, China has a net trade deficit whereas india has a trade surplus
i must really ask, is there really a point in boosting about India being the call center of the world? for a time Indian tech company seem to be the pride of the developing world, but the many scandal relating to falysing of earning makes us wonder if Indian service industry is as successful as claimed.

if we are to look at real economic data by the world bank in 2017, China Service Sector produced 2.4 trillion dollar... while India Service Sector produced 0.49 trillion dollar... sure India has a higher "percentage" in services and probably higher returns, but the totally volume produced between them is close to the ratio of 5 to 1... and that mean more chinese job and taxes then indian ones... while I get the argument that the Indian economy is "healthier", but the reality is a sick elephant can still lift more than a healthy fox... and it is tax that defines a country's power, no tax, no ship... and I think the size of the navy in both country, reflect their true economic reality...

China had also buy ship from Russia, there are several advantages for buying ship:
1. you increase your ship count quickly.
2. you have a "red force" that you can assess if the quality of ship u build yourself is up to standard.
3. you can use them for frontline as they do not give away your own domestic capabilities.

so I totally feel Indian action make sense.

of course China has already past this stage and had reach a level of confidence in their own equipment, but India is still in need of expansion, validation and concealment. but there are some difference between what China bought and what India bought. the Chinese bought full frontline destroyer, but India is only buys Frigate. this means India still see it shortfall in the near seas vs China which already had ambition of sailing into other seas...

interestingly, the Chinese has not abandon the Russian made warship, they are currently being refitted with Chinese weapons but the loadout suggest they are being retask as an oversized frigate, which make sense considering these ship was originally design for supporting soviet offensive, they would make good protectors of the landing ship while China's own 055 destroyer hunt down enemy warships with their oversized radar.

i must really ask, is there really a point in boosting about India being the call center of the world? for a time Indian tech company seem to be the pride of the developing world, but the many scandal relating to falysing of earning makes us wonder if Indian service industry is as successful as claimed.

if we are to look at real economic data by the world bank in 2017, China Service Sector produced 2.4 trillion dollar... while India Service Sector produced 0.49 trillion dollar... sure India has a higher "percentage" in services and probably higher returns, but the totally volume produced between them is close to the ratio of 5 to 1... and that mean more chinese job and taxes then indian ones... while I get the argument that the Indian economy is "healthier", but the reality is a sick elephant can still lift more than a healthy fox... and it is tax that defines a country's power, no tax, no ship... and I think the size of the navy in both country, reflect their true economic reality...

The problem is that a lot of western companies are shifting away from India.

Indian people produces sub standard products and they lie themselves through everything.

Productivity is low and often than not non indians have to clean up the mass and increases the cost.

---------------------------------------------------------
9.2k points·6 months ago1
Damnit, those guys are the fucking best job security in the world, do you have any idea how much money there is to be made un-fucking the shit that offshore IT does?!

1.8k points·6 months ago·edited 6 months ago
The dev industry here in Colombia is growing a lot thanks to the “you are doing a better job than the indians” effect, plus being in the same timezone. Thanks to them, we’re having a really good way of life!

EDIT: Not only did Indians give me a lot of work to do, they also gave me my most upvoted comment. Keep the good work guys!

334 points·6 months ago·edited 6 months ago
We outsourced some of our data warehousing and reporting recently... This is a typical example of what they do:

1. Take the date column

2. Convert it to a text string

3. Remove extra characters (like - and : ) from the string

4. Convert it to an int so you can sort by it

5. Profit??
Then when doing a date lookup:

1. Convert back to string

2. Re-add : and -, using positional placeholders

3. Convert database field to a string as well

4. Find cell that matches that timestamp value (minus milliseconds cause who cares about them)

5. Get primary key id of the row that starts with that timestamp

6. Select * where id > id in the timestamp column

7. Cry because it takes 2 fucking hours to do a single lookup by date.
EDIT: just looked up the outsourcing company's website, and they have the balls to put our logo on their front page and pretend we're a happily satisfied client.

Don't look at dollar value but at PPP value. Indian exchange rate should not be give too much heed. Again, Indian economy is not about service production but exports. India mostly exports IT services, mainly in software, not call centres. The services in China are things like tourist agents, shopkeepers, massage parlours etc whereas in India, service is a means of export, not just buck passing from hand to hand.

Indian tax can be restructured but India is choosing to go on developmental path and instead bring forth capital goods and other manufacturing. So, India prefers a climate of investment in iinfrastructure rather than warmachine building. Once the infrastructure for things are in place war manufacturing will also pick pace. As of now, Indian focus on defenc eis not mass manufacturing but technology development and limited manufacturing

China has more natural resources and that is something India can never match. The amount of resources like coal, minerals etc is just too much for India to match. China is able to sell its goods everywhere because China sold its goods at subsidised prices. For example, what money would Australia charge for raw materials of coal and iron, China would charge for manufactured goods. This was done by undervaluing natural resources. So, a country like India which would have manufactured inhouse by importing raw materials from Australia found that China is selling produced goods at that price! If Australia sold iron ore at $100 per tonne, China would charge only $30 from internal buyers. Thus, the devaluation of natural resource is what led to Chinese growth. It will be unfair to compare that with India which has too limited resources.

The problem is that a lot of western companies are shifting away from India.

Indian people produces sub standard products and they lie themselves through everything.

Productivity is low and often than not non indians have to clean up the mass and increases the cost.
This is just a propaganda. Wetern companies are flocking to India. India is the leading designer of electronics, for example. Similarly, Indian export is only increasing not decreasing in service sector. Just because you foud some disgruntled people does not mean that everything in India is a scam.

This is just a propaganda. Wetern companies are flocking to India. India is the leading designer of electronics, for example. Similarly, Indian export is only increasing not decreasing in service sector. Just because you foud some disgruntled people does not mean that everything in India is a scam.

https://tinyurl.com/y8yrwdg6

LMAO. The source didnt came from some Chinese media mind you.

So i have no idea what kind of western media 'propaganda' you are talking about :omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom