What's new

NavControl-G system - UAE highly advanced anti-drone system

Reaction score
Country
United States
The NavControl-G system uses the most advanced GNSS counter-measures to provide robust defence against hostile unmanned aerial vehicles. Designed and built by SIGN4L in the UAE, the NavControl-G produces covert GNSS denial and emulation with either single-point or dynamic spoofing to safely distance unmanned aerial vehicle threats.

Drones like these can be very tricky to deal with as the saudis have found in yemen and the russian have seen in Syria.

very doubtful that such methods would work on anything other than the stuff being bought off ali express. most drone swarms that are purpose built would have inertial navigation built in, spoofing attacks don't work on those, as there is no communication/guidance signal to hack. Hard kill methods are perhaps the only thing that would work, or an EMP type weapon, to knock them out of the skies.

Drones like these can be very tricky to deal with as the saudis have found in yemen and the russian have seen in Syria.

very doubtful that such methods would work on anything other than the stuff being bought off ali express. most drone swarms that are purpose built would have inertial navigation built in, spoofing attacks don't work on those, as there is no communication/guidance signal to hack. Hard kill methods are perhaps the only thing that would work, or an EMP type weapon, to knock them out of the skies.

KSA shoot down over 10.000 drones because these in Yemen don't have sophisticated drones. Where as the bigger state owned drones you gotta use other methods. Russia doesn't have proper defensive systems like Patriots or THAAD or top line American systems.. S-400 is hoax and the other defensive systems for smaller targets Russia has is even worse.

This system is quite sound and can divert anything that is swarm munitions. Besides this is just one of many UAE has and imo the most impressive one has not been unveiled yet but it is a laser beam shield like a wall and everything that gets thru that shield crashes to the ground and they are even working on expanding that one to even make it fighter jet killer. UAE defense industry is criminally underrated they are making sci-fi reality silently in the background while others are screaming at the top of their lungs

Last edited:
UAE defense industry is criminally underrated they are making sci-fi reality silently in the background while others are screaming at the top of their lungs

Not only in the realm of Defense. When it comes to block-chain / internet of things / online services from the government with almost ZERO use of paper at all gov. entities. Most advanced business infrastructure ....etc

I work in the construction industry for the gov. and the advances we make are remarkable. When i visit the US, Europe or even Singapore municipalities and gov. entities , it feels like they are still stuck in 1994 to be honest

all this is being done without a peep

Inertial systems are very inaccurate today especially cheap ones, they would only be able to get to within a 100-200 meters of the target probably.

GPS is the only cost effective option for swarm drones today in my opinion, although camera guidance would work with an RF link.

Not only in the realm of Defense. When it comes to block-chain / internet of things / online services from the government with almost ZERO use of paper at all gov. entities. Most advanced business infrastructure ....etc

I work in the construction industry for the gov. and the advances we make are remarkable. When i visit the US, Europe or even Singapore municipalities and gov. entities , it feels like they are still stuck in 1994 to be honest

all this is being done without a peep

There is also a certain insanity in UAE wanting everything of the best.. Over ambition if they could find ways to build their buildings into the moon they would be the first to try it. It is megalomania and everything about UAE is based on and build on megalomania

There is also a certain insanity in UAE wanting everything of the best.. Over ambition if they could find ways to build their buildings into the moon they would be the first to try it. It is megalomania and everything about UAE is based on and build on megalomania

of all the mental illnesses to have , i guess megalomania is proving rather useful in pushing the UAE forward.

but i must admit , it is absolutely exhausting when management always wants more and more and better and better. Never enough ..... :(

of all the mental illnesses to have , i guess megalomania is proving rather useful in pushing the UAE forward.

but i must admit , it is absolutely exhausting when management always wants more and more and better and better. Never enough ..... :(

Exactly the unapologetic megalomania in the UAE has it's benefits

Inertial systems are very inaccurate today especially cheap ones, they would only be able to get to within a 100-200 meters of the target probably.

GPS is the only cost effective option for swarm drones today in my opinion, although camera guidance would work with an RF link.

This. GPS is critical and very important in todays loitering munitions and I am not even sure some produce without GPS it is not precise and can miss target

Last edited:
that link can be blocked, the drone needs to know where it will target before launch, any mid course correction is susceptible to spoofing and jamming.

It has GPS and as long as it has that it will get spoofed and jammed regardless of being pre-set or not as long as GPS is attached it will fall

NavControl-G is a sophisticated transmitter unit designed to help prevent unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) from trespassing into specific locations. To help safeguard a sensitive area, the system can emulate GPS signals to generate position and timing inaccuracies, thereby taking control of non-cooperating unmanned vehicles. Encased in a shock-proof container, the system can be seamlessly integrated across multiple configurations - either in fixed locations or deployed on the field when required.

SIGN4L brings a startup ethos to designing and producing state-of-art open-architecture digital and RF-based security products and services for governments and businesses in the region. The company has implemented a rigorous cycle of threat analysis, research, and development to monitor, analyze and counter emerging risks.

The NaVControl-G system consists of one jammer mast and a portable computer with software that is fully developed in the United Arab Emirates. It can intercept de GPS receiver of the drone and takes control using a portable computer interface. The system can control any type of drone and land anywhere at a maximum distance of 50 km. A drone GPS spoofer sends fake signals that mimic legitimate ones. Spoofers hijack a drone's communication link by emitting a counterfeit signal that the device reads as valid because it is a copy of the real signal.

The spoofer works by emitting a stronger counterfeit signal. The spoofer can cause a small delay between the drone and the controller; then, the spoofer emits the stronger false signal. The spoofer now has control over the device and can pilot the drone. The spoofer deceives the GPS receiver

GPS spoofing is hard to defend against if your UAS device is using GPS for flight. GPS is a signal broadcasted from satellites. You can't add standard protection tools such as encryption and certificates to GPS satellite signals.

According to NavControl-G engineer, the NavControl-G has already been successfully tested at maximum range, in December 2020 by an undisclosed customer in the desert with real drones and different possible threats. The system can be coupled to other UAVs jamming systems including radar, camera, and RF sensors. In the future, NavControl-G could have "hard kill" capabilities using a laser weapon to neutralize and render drones inoperable.

Salaam

I know you are probably used to hearing people criticize your country in particular and the GCC in general. Many a times it seems unwarranted and people demand things that would not be considered reasonable.

I think it has mostly to do with the expectations people have of the GCC countries because of the wealth and influence they have. They are/were looked at as the leaders of the Muslim world. It seems to be changing unfortunately but that is where most of the criticism comes from.

The UAE is adopting newer technologies at a fast pace. However, if I were to be honest I'd like the more resources spent on acquiring core technologies.

The modern world is built upon computers and no Muslim country has the capacity to make these. Semiconductor fabrication labs cost well into billions and could go up to in double digits as well. Most Muslim countries would struggle to get that sort of funds. I'd like to see some Muslim country get these core technologies so in the future we could be a bit more independent. That was just an example.

Anyways, I hope this puts the criticism into perspective.

Salaam

I know you are probably used to hearing people criticize your country in particular and the GCC in general. Many a times it seems unwarranted and people demand things that would not be considered reasonable.

I think it has mostly to do with the expectations people have of the GCC countries because of the wealth and influence they have. They are/were looked at as the leaders of the Muslim world. It seems to be changing unfortunately but that is where most of the criticism comes from.

The UAE is adopting newer technologies at a fast pace. However, if I were to be honest I'd like the more resources spent on acquiring core technologies.

The modern world is built upon computers and no Muslim country has the capacity to make these. Semiconductor fabrication labs cost well into billions and could go up to in double digits as well. Most Muslim countries would struggle to get that sort of funds. I'd like to see some Muslim country get these core technologies so in the future we could be a bit more independent. That was just an example.

Anyways, I hope this puts the criticism into perspective.

I sensed zero criticism in your post to be honest. A valid opinion yes, but not criticism :)

If anyone will start it though, i would bet on UAE , Qatar or KSA. It will be a huge boost to the economy and a great way to steer farther from oil dependency.

so far so good though , seems the UAE is still on course to stay far from oil dependency

Less than 30% of the UAE economy is oil/gas based (59% for Abu Dhabi in 2005)

1621881132261.png

Let them test against the Turkish drones with the ultimate Muslim EW capability that has subdued the best from the Ehl-I Kufr have put forth so far....

Back
Top Bottom