What's new

NATO warns Russia of ‘high price’ for any attack on Ukraine

Over Ukraine: The USA and Russia can create the conditions to consolidate their power and their presence in Europe. This may be indicating how reluctant both the US and Russia for de-escalate tensions. This is how they shared the world in the past.

NATO was formed to invade third world countries. Russia and Asad Regime were at the door step of Turkey yet NATO didnt intervene. NATO is a joke especially against Russia. They gave the same warnings when Crimea was annexed.

30 allies together represent more than 50 percent of the global economy

NATO warns Russia of ‘high price’ for any attack on Ukraine
Economic sanctions on table as allied foreign ministers met in Latvia to discuss new border threat.
LATVIA-US-NATO-DEFENCE-DIPLOMACY

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg | Gints Ivuskans/AFP via Getty Images

BY DAVID M. HERSZENHORN
November 30, 2021 8:12 pm
Another Russian invasion of Ukraine would carry a “high price,” NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg warned Tuesday, adding that the 30 allies together represent more than 50 percent of the global economy.
“Any future Russian aggression against Ukraine would come at a high price and have serious political and economic consequences for Russia,” Stoltenberg said at a news conference following a day of meetings among allied foreign ministers in Riga, Latvia.
The United States and other Western allies have warned of a large mobilization of Russian forces and weaponry along the border with Ukraine, raising the risk of a potential new invasion. Russia invaded and annexed Crimea in 2014 and has backed armed separatists in a nearly eight-year-long war that continues in the eastern Ukrainian region of Donbas.

ADVERTISEMENT FROM EQUINOR

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
Russia carried out a similar mobilization of forces last spring but the U.S. has told allies that aspects of the current build-up seem even more alarming this time.
“The situation in and around Ukraine remains fluid and unpredictable,” Stoltenberg said Tuesday. “There is no certainty about Russia’s intentions. We see a significant and unusual concentration of forces, which is unjustified and unexplained, and accompanied by heightened rhetoric and disinformation. And we know that Russia has used force before against Ukraine and other neighbors.”
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday warned NATO that deploying weapons or soldiers to Ukraine would cross a “red line” for the Kremlin and trigger a significant response. Asked about his red lines over Ukraine during an investment conference, Putin said: “They are above all in the creation of threats to us which could come from [Ukraine].” He continued: “We would have to create a similar threat for those who are threatening us,” before adding that Russia had the capacity to deploy hypersonic missiles, saying: “We can do that already now.”
Ukrainian officials have said they have no expectation that their Western supporters, including NATO allies, will join a military conflict against Russia. Senior officials have called for an increased NATO military presence in the region, including stepped-up air policing and additional support such as military training.
U.S. and EU officials have said that while Ukraine might request help in the form of weapons, they did not expect such assistance would ever tip the outcome of a conflict in Ukraine’s favor, but would simply raise the number of casualties for Russia and, inevitably, for Ukraine.
Pressed during his news conference about the specific steps that NATO allies might take in response to a Russian invasion, Stoltenberg focused on economic sanctions.

“NATO is a platform to make decisions but also to consult and coordinate efforts by NATO-allied countries,” he said. “So for instance, on economic sanctions, political reactions, even though NATO doesn’t necessarily make the decisions to impose sanctions, that’s for individual allies to do, and for the European Union … the political discussion we have here is actually shaping the decisions we take as individual allies.
“Therefore also economic sanctions and political reactions is part of what we have discussed today, also with the United States,” Stoltenberg said. “We represent 50 percent of the world’s GDP and of course it matters when NATO allies discuss also the use of economic sanctions against the behavior of Russia.”
He added, “We have seen our resolve and our willingness and our ability to maintain, sustain such economic sanctions when needed. I think that Russia actually underestimated the resolve of NATO allies to impose sanctions and sustain sanctions after the illegal annexation of Crimea in 2014.”
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said that NATO and Western powers, particularly Washington, were trying to incite Ukraine into a new military conflict with Russia, and he insisted that it was Russia that was under a growing threat.
“Significant units and military equipment of NATO countries, including American and British, are being deployed closer to our borders,” Lavrov said, responding to a question about NATO’s support for Ukraine during his own news conference in Moscow Tuesday with Brazilian Foreign Minister Carlos Alberto França.
Lavrov appeared to be referring to NATO battle groups that were deployed in Poland and the Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania after Russia’s 2014 invasion of Crimea. All four countries are members of NATO.

This article shows how scared the west is of Russia 🇷🇺. See if you heavily sanction Russia in the middle of a pandemic how will Europe get cheap Russian heating oil in the middle of winter , how Will Biden address the rising price of gas/ fuel if Russia cuts supply. So really Russia has no real consequences for attacking Ukraine.

this is the same analogy of Afghanistan and Pakistan i.e. all roads to Kabul go through Islamabad

k

So brave? Why didnt UK fire back when Russian fired warning shot but instead quickly sneak back like a timid thief? Liar of cos will try hard to save face!

And bravarado supapowa RN. :lol:

UK , RN and you are just joke! :enjoy:

why would Royal Navy fire back ? The Type 45 Destroyer was never under any threat

its radar can track and engage any known object as small as a tennis ball traveling at 300mph at 30km away

Type 45 DDG is the World most advanced air defence destroyer

even the USN calls on it for air defence

why would Royal Navy fire back ? The Type 45 Destroyer was never under any threat

its radar can track and engage any known object as small as a tennis ball traveling at 300mph at 30km away

That would mean something if all six of them weren't broken.

For the record, this is the world's most advanced destroyer (at everything, not just air defense):

That would mean something if all six of them weren't broken.

For the record, this is the world's most advanced destroyer (at everything, not just air defense):

yes and we call them pier queens because they never leave port and even old ones are shiny and looking brand new

Royal Navy has the highest readiness level with highest deployable days at sea

even nuclear submarines are breaking records after records

here from the official government source, I will wait for your Chinese Youtube video

HMS Trenchant returned to Devonport exactly 11 months to the day she sailed on what became the longest patrol ever completed by one of the Royal Navy’s hunter-killer boats.

Around 200 family members were waiting at Plymouth for their loved ones to return after 335 days away; 267 spent east of Suez.

Why RN never fired back? According to NATO, no one including UK recognized Russia claim of Crimea sea. Yet you brag RN as some Invincible forces but fail to act upon you believe. Are RN too scared by Russia shot? I know u are finding plenty of excuse for your RN cowardice. Face saving with BS is your specialty.

I also know you are working hard to save your UK citizenship cos any sign of slacking for your anti-China and anti- Russia action may regards as anti-UK action and loses your Citizenship immediately. :enjoy:

This article shows how scared the west is of Russia 🇷🇺. See if you heavily sanction Russia in the middle of a pandemic how will Europe get cheap Russian heating oil in the middle of winter , how Will Biden address the rising price of gas/ fuel if Russia cuts supply. So really Russia has no real consequences for attacking Ukraine.

this is the same analogy of Afghanistan and Pakistan i.e. all roads to Kabul go through Islamabad

k

Interesting analogy in regards to Pakistan-Afghanistan comparison I think it may be litttle deeper then that for the Russians due to the kievan rus

This article shows how scared the west is of Russia 🇷🇺. See if you heavily sanction Russia in the middle of a pandemic how will Europe get cheap Russian heating oil in the middle of winter , how Will Biden address the rising price of gas/ fuel if Russia cuts supply. So really Russia has no real consequences
for attacking Ukraine.

k
As said earlier in my post daddy Putin has one and US and NATO have decide to cut and run.

When WION leaves you, one has no friends

lol

k

Russian have to only launch 100 nukes and EU will be radiated for next 10,000 years. NATO's best bet is to stand behind America and shout out at Russians.

Russian have to only launch 100 nukes and EU will be radiated for next 10,000 years. NATO's best bet is to stand behind America and shout out at Russians.

I don't claim to know the number, but I do know that NATO has control of quite a few nuclear weapons itself.

A nuclear first strike against NATO forces would result in nuclear retaliation.

There is no such thing as a one-way nuclear war against another entity with nuclear weapons

Launching 100 nuclear weapons at other countries won't just happen in a vacuum.

Lets be realistic shall we?

Last edited:
I don't claim to know the number, but I do know that NATO has control of quite a few nuclear weapons itself.

A nuclear first strike against NATO forces would result in nuclear retaliation.

There is no such thing as a one-way nuclear war against another entity with nuclear weapons

Launching 100 nuclear weapons at other countries won't just happen in a vacuum.

Lets be realistic shall we?

Of course not, and NATO does have some serious Fire power in terms of nukes as well, I mean France/UK has around 400+ nukes with MIRV's between them both, but my post was regarding to the land mass which Russian's enjoy, EU is more compact and population is urbanized, Europe willing to external enemies dying at faster rate and their majority public feel that their own Progressive Politicians/Jews/Evil Moslems/African/ME'ern Migrants are their true enemy. Russians are financially weak but their will to fight can't be underestimated, there is a reason why America kept a strong financial sanctions over Russia to keep it from development.

Back
Top Bottom