What's new

NATO opens northern supply route to Afghanistan via Russia/Central Asia

@vandemataram;

Its unfortunate that interests of India and Paksitan are almost 180 and success of a one proves as the failure of the other. Even when opportunity for "both" India and Pakistan exist, our insecurities make us think otherwise.

Regarding changing the route, power demographics within Afghanistan change every 50 kilometers. Had alternate route a mere option, USA must had adopted those and had not waited a decade during which it had to "bribe" Pakistan and support in ways that could have been "saved" otherwise. So when the news of an alternate route excites some of us over here, it must also be thought how much is a possibility.

Regarding Indian opportunities, Indian influence in Afghanistan is not 1% in the interest of Pakistan. India had its influence over Bangladesh before 71 and see what it turned into. Our National Security concerns do not let us allow India to play there in Afghanistan, even when it tends to play clean. Indian track record is a problem and healthy examples must be set to build the bridges of confidence which ain't happening anytime soon. So sorry my friend, you won't be seeing India getting into Afghanistan even to 20% of what you expect.

Ideological Taliban movement was created U.S. for the fight against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan from Pakistani territory. Now they have to atone this karma.

I think it is impossible to stop the violence without the formation of the Pashtun state, which includes part of the territory of Pakistan and Afghanistan. But Pakistan is not likely to agree with this.

I think it is impossible to stop the violence without the formation of the Pashtun state, which includes part of the territory of Pakistan and Afghanistan. But Pakistan is not likely to agree with this.

You are wrong in your thinking, cause you know nothing about pushtoons and Pakistan. Pashtoons are the most loyal and patriotic Pakistanis, and whenever there is a conflict or war with external entities, The pushtoons are on the fore-front, and the are proud of it and the other ethnicities are proud of them. They live in this land called Pakistan, not because they are forced to but because they love to.

:pakistan:

Adios

Never gonna happen ... keep wet dreamin...
N dont relate US wot and resulted terrorism with stupid,ignorat n moronic reasons.

Im sorry didnt russia and india try tht and FAIL tht in the past?
OoPS better ask our Mods and dozens of respected members frm NWFP or Pashtunkhwa Khyber.

WE ARE PAKISTANIS FIRST,MUSLIMS 2ND AND PAKISTANIS LAST.

How would the formation of a Pashtun State solve the issue of a religious ideology based Taliban insurgency?

The new route via Russia and central Asian states, will cost them more than does Pakistani route.

Pakistan gives NATO supplies subsidies, which include hefty cuts on taxes as well.

Besides, Russian currency is a lot expensive than Pakistani rupees (i think same goes true for other central Asian states included in the proposed route), which in turn will increase the cost of transportation as well.

The following map suggests, about the new route, another interesting aspect of time and distance, both are gonna see a hell lot increase.
afghanroutes.jpg

Shifting the current route means, all these unnecessary tax cuts and subsidies lifted off, from Pakistani government's perspective. The amount saved will find its way in Pakistan's budget.

That said, it is the best time for NATO to not shift its route to another site. With Pakistani public facing crisis of aata, daal, cheeni, bijli, pani etc etc etc, are not actively rising their voices against illegal subsidies and the very fact that government gets blackmailed quite easily.

If NATO still goes on with its adventurism, I highly doubt if it will find an easy way in through Pakistan again, because of expected public pressure.

Let NATO take their war and routes some where else. We do not have to worry how much is going to cost them, it is not our problem. Afghans will keep fighting and selling drugs that is why they will not get any where.

Wrong assumption. Another Pashtoon denying your thoughts of pashtoon state.

How would the formation of a Pashtun State solve the issue of a religious ideology based Taliban insurgency?

Origin of such an aggressive ideology is based on dividing the Pashtun ethnic group by Britain. First of all it is necessary to remove the cause, then the time will change the ideology.

Origin of such an aggressive ideology is based on dividing the Pashtun ethnic group by Britain. First of all it is necessary to remove the cause, then the time will change the ideology.
Sorry Budd - Pakistan ain't Soviet Union.We are not breaking up.I am a Pushtuoon and all my relatives and me are for Federation of Pakistan.Half of my family is in Armed Forces of Pakistan.

I do not know a single historical example where ideology was destroyed by military force.

☪☪☪☪;930027 said:
I am a Pushtuoon and all my relatives and me are for Federation of Pakistan.Half of my family is in Armed Forces of Pakistan.

Another solution - to add part of Afghanistan where the dominant Pashtun population to Pakistan. But for that Pakistan should have a stronger ideology.

Another solution - to add part of Afghanistan where the dominant Pashtun population to Pakistan. But for that Pakistan should have a stronger ideology.
I don't think so...There are Punjabis on India and Pakistani side.Does not mean we merge both Punjab's.Same with Balochis (Both in Iran and Pakistan).The best solution would be to include Pushtoon elements in government of Afghanistan because unlike Pakistan Government in which there is huge Pushtun Influence (Both Military and Civil Side) Afghanistan does not have Pushtun influence in Government.But Pakistan should never grab land of Afghanistan as you are suggesting.:no: Pushtuns should make peace with other ethnicity of Afghanistan (Tajiks, Uzbeks etc) because Afghanistan belongs to all the Afghans (Does not matter if they are Pushtoon or Tajiks etc).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom