What's new

NATO concerned by Russia’s growing presence in East Mediterranean

No it is not, I think NATO is more concerned about Turkey than Russia, because they see a Muslim world alliance forming once the Arab spring defeats dictatorships, in which case Europe will lose its influence on the south Mediterranean (like in western Libya), Russia is too weak, mark my word, they will abandon Assad because of Ceasar Law . I won't be surprised if Russia unites with the US and Europe against Turkey and the Muslim world once united again .

And Russia is trusting Iran?

You know it was a rhetorical question. You dont trust Russian and vice versa. Dont play the fool here.
Trust in geopolitics doesnt exists. Thats because every country has a defined doctorine Based upon its National interests. This National interests could be on the basis of a Religion or a Race or mostly a combination of all these factors. Sometimes these interests of different countries have overlay, our interests in Middle East and beyond has currently vast overlay with Russian interests. Both have intentions to Stop NATO expansion towards east. Under this Context, Yes i Trust Russian leadership.

Defence, resources, nuclear umbrella, space exploration.

Defeence: NATO, later EU-Army
Resources: Agree partialy
Nuclear umbrella: We have (NATO)
Space exploration: We have already (ESA)

anything else?

Trust in geopolitics doesnt exists. Thats because every country has a defined doctorine Based upon its National interests. This National interests could be on the basis of a Religion or a Race or mostly a combination of all these factors. Sometimes these interests of different countries have overlay, our interests in Middle East and beyond has currently vast overlay with Russian interests. Both have intentions to Stop NATO expansion towards east. Under this Context, Yes i Trust Russian leadership.

You trust Russia to want stop NATO expansion to east, only. I can agree on that.

anything else?

You trust Russia to want stop NATO expansion to east, only. I can agree on that.
Iranian rulers have always had good relations with Orthodox Christian ruled countries. You can add this One to Collection of your reasons too.

anything else?
I have to remind you that without USA you will have:
- a couple of toy armies hardly able to wage colonial wars and not ready for real wars;
- toy nuclear umbrella (tiny French strategic arsenal - no Triade, no tactic weapons);
- no spaceships (maybe cargo).

Russia trust Iran because Iran is independent nation. Independent nations have to cooperate for the sake of their independence. Europe also should try it someday.

Last edited:
I have to remind you that without USA you will have:
- a couple of toy armies hardly able to wage colonial wars and not ready for real wars;
- toy nuclear umbrella (tiny French strategic arsenal - no Triade, no tactic weapons);
- no spaceships (maybe cargo).

Russia trust Iran because Iran is independent nation. Independent nations have to cooperate for the sake of their independence. Europe also should try it someday.

Without US we would have much stronger army on our own, just because we need. Even we would build up our Bundeswehr to challenge you easily. The Nuclear arsenal of France and GB are enough to counter any country.
If necessary we can build up our space program. We don’t lack on money or technology. Or do you really believe this? The only threat right now are Russia and China, and no other else.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom