What's new

Nato asks Indian diplomats for troops in Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see India sending troops any time soon. Unless they order the F-16/F-18s from the United States then i bet they will do! !
Good bargain thn

Though i wonder what kind of threat will Pakistan face when this happens. !

RAW is already at work so with indian troops the chances will be more to take missions in Pakistan for its destabalisation.

Or is it something that they want to run away with and let others do the other mans job.

I suggest Pakistan to stay totally out of this!

US had to quit Afghanistan but not so soon for that matter they had to keep the killings going in Afghanistan/
With refusall for more troops under NATO there has made US to get in some more countries.
Look at the frustration of British troops there, they daily are killing 60 tp 80 people termign them SUSPECTED Taliban now one can ask is there any difference btw an actual Taliban and suspects or not ?

Naah they went through or over Pakistan in those cases. Since they went under the guise of "diplomats" with international immunity.

plus look at the map.

China won't help India or Nato spread. Nato won't even talk to Iran. So then how do they get to Central Asia? Plus I doubt the Nato would try and sneak them in.

Asim dont be so foolish..how will we get there???If US wants us there then mushraff is going to waive his green flag,or else we will fly down our troops tusing USAF planes.

But then its a totally diff thing to believe that India will send any troops.I believe India isnt ready to that yet.

It would be totally stupid if India actually submits and tries to take place in Afghanistan.

Firstly! The muslim population of India will totally disagree with this, and it makes no sense for their forces to fight another mans war.

What i am thinking the indians would probably do would be to send some small units linking up with intelligence services of India and they will cooperate from their.

I dont see Pakistan waiting and watching either! It would figure out to settle this issue.

Indian troops aren't worth it. They are ok, if they come free. But America won't fight for them.

You said we cant there,but now when skeptic has put some sense into you, you say they arnt worth it,well NATO thinks otherway round,ie why they have asked for Indian troops.

It would be totally stupid if India actually submits and tries to take place in Afghanistan.

Firstly! The muslim population of India will totally disagree with this, and it makes no sense for their forces to fight another mans war.

What i am thinking the indians would probably do would be to send some small units linking up with intelligence services of India and they will cooperate from their.

I dont see Pakistan waiting and watching either! It would figure out to settle this issue.

Pakistan's likely response if indian troops are deployed :

at a recent discussion in London, senior Pakistani diplomat, Zamir Akram reportedly said ISI operatives would be "licking their chops at the possibility of provoking their Afghan friends to take on the Indians."According to sources present at the event, Akram also made it clear that the Pakistan government would turn a deliberate Nelson's eye to such instigation.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1636909.cms

look at the frustration of British troops there, they daily are killing
60 tp 80 people termign them SUSPECTED Taliban now one can ask is there any difference btw an actual Taliban and suspects or not ?

From where did u get this info?

Asim dont be so foolish..how will we get there???If US wants us there then mushraff is going to waive his green flag,or else we will fly down our troops tusing USAF planes..

Indeed if US wants it will do it by one way or the other but agreeing Musharraf to give way to indian troops is not that much possible. The Gen is not that mindless.

But then its a totally diff thing to believe that India will send any troops.I believe India isnt ready to that yet.

India is looking for that for a long time she will never miss the chance its another question when will she sends her troops but defiently wont let the opportunity go.

Bull follow news daily u will come to know from where i got that Info

Indeed if US wants it will do it by one way or the other but agreeing Musharraf to give way to indian troops is not that much possible. The Gen is not that mindless.

Ma'm,The gen is mindless!!!

India is looking for that for a long time she will never miss the chance its another question when will she sends her troops but defiently wont let the opportunity go.

Bull follow news daily u will come to know from where i got that Info

You ought to fllow news more frequesntly,India had a golden oppurtunty hafter th e Indians where abducted and killed in Afghanistan,NATO has called for indian troops,what more do you need.

India is reluctant.

Bull make up your mind. Once you agree that it is useless for India to go inside Afghanistan and operate for the NATO and it is highly unlikely that India will situate her forces over there.

Now here you have totally different point of view and you start saying that it is beneficial for India to situate her forces in afghanistan and create troubles for Pakistan, and India has the opportunity to do so.

Could you be more clear on how and what would be good for India.

China won't help India or Nato spread. Nato won't even talk to Iran. So then how do they get to Central Asia? Plus I doubt the Nato would try and sneak them in.
Asim,

India already has an AFB in Tadjikistan.

Bull make up your mind. Once you agree that it is useless for India to go inside Afghanistan and operate for the NATO and it is highly unlikely that India will situate her forces over there.

Now here you have totally different point of view and you start saying that it is beneficial for India to situate her forces in afghanistan and create troubles for Pakistan, and India has the opportunity to do so.

Could you be more clear on how and what would be good for India.

Zeeshan i never said its good for India,I said India had the oppurtunity before and now theru NATO's invitation.But India is reluctant.

Im not for I nd i a direct involvement there.We have our forces tied up in Kashmir and NE.Afganistan would be too much.

BTW what you guys think India would send its troops?
Yes, in order to get strategical depth in CAR and improve relations with US/NATO India is likely to send troops to Afghanistan.

[qtote]there are two scenarios :
If India sends her troops what would be the number ? i think it would not be that much.[/quote]
CNN mentioned that 3000 troops are required in Southern Afghanistan only.
2ndly where would be these deployed on border along Pakistan ? or in Northern Parts?
Poland is already sending troops to North while UK is desperate for urgent support in and around Kandahar.
India will be eyeing the Southern sector for the obvious reasons. ;)

You ought to fllow news more frequesntly,India had a golden oppurtunty hafter th e Indians where abducted and killed in Afghanistan,NATO has called for indian troops,what more do you need.

India is reluctant.

Bull its not a kids gam offcourse india had to be reluctant. its not just sending troops and there will be all goody goody.

Pakistan will also look into other possibilities to counter her.
There are several implications to sending indian troops. it could worsens the entire siatution for US.

No india could not had went there just by sacrificing few Indians for creating the opportunity.

Asim dont be so foolish..how will we get there???If US wants us there then mushraff is going to waive his green flag,or else we will fly down our troops tusing USAF planes.

US has wanted "someone" for quite some time. India has been there as the offering. But a Pakistani no to India shuts down the debate.

You said we cant there,but now when skeptic has put some sense into you, you say they arnt worth it,well NATO thinks otherway round,ie why they have asked for Indian troops.

It's either the two. Either way India can't make it.

If India somehow brokers a treaty with Afghanistan itself to police the country then Nato can't be blamed. But then the India troops would've to GET to Afghanistan without Nato support. So that's not happening.

So the Nato way is what the US would try and we'd say no. We'd say Anyone but the Indians. Now what will America do for us refusing Indians logistics? Goto war? So in that way they are not worth it.

Neo, Tajik is an airbase. What Nato wants is a battallion level force there. Again we can place sanctions onto Afghanistan for providing airbases to our enemies and deny logistics under that pretext. We have all the reasons to protest.

India is reluctant.

Pakistan also said no then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom