What's new

NATIONAL SAVINGS - STAFF WANTS TO BECOME A BANK AND GET BANKING LEVEL SALARIES!!!!

Jokingjustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Mr. Hamid Raza Khalid, May 19, 2022

Director General,

National Savings,

Islamabad.

Dear Sir,

NS DIGITALISATION AND DOCs REPLACEMENT

Sometime 1985-87 I opened a Savings Account with Civic Center, Islamabad. For about 25 plus years the Center gave me excellent, real excellent service. Around 2015-2016 I requested the Center to transfer it to Karachi. On transfer. I got a new account number from the Karachi Center. Recently I wished a deposit in this account when I was surprised to know that since the account opened 30 years back was manually and now that NS stands digitalized, the computer does not accept the deposit. Though it is unbelievable, yet knowing the professionalism of the NS top management, I can expect this.​

2. In 1983 I opened my saving account with HBL Karachi. Computers had not come yet at Branch level as only the Mainframe computers existed then. Entries were made in mega large light blue pages Ledgers. My Account number was 1234. Later with increase of account holders, one digit was added to its right making the number 1234-01. After some years the account became of 8 digits. Today this account is of 13 digits. But the bank never asked me to change the account opening Form filled in 1985. My late father in 1962 opened his bank account just with Rs. 2/- with Australasia Bank. This bank was later purchased by Rana Kuhdadad of Rana Tractors and it became Lahore Commercial Bank. In 1973 on its nationalization it became Allied Bank of Pakistan. Late 1990s the new purchaser (employees) it was fully computerized. My father died in 2011. No one ever asked to replace the 1962 submitted Form due to change of account numbers.

3. I have been advised me to download a Form from the NS website, fill it up and send to the Center enabling it to create deposit. I have complied to.

4. It was a real shame when I saw that the officially downloaded Account Opening Form (and likewise others) was from a photo-copy over photo-copy black & white instead of universally accepted principle of uploading original with the colour official monogram. Thus the scanned copy is blurred and semi legible. It showed not just the skills incompetency of the army of webmaster and i.t men employed by the NS but also the professional incapability of the top management.

5. One’s head goes down in self shame, but of course not of those who are directly concerned, that the competency of the i.t team is so low that they can’t even scan properly a single page document for uploading. These blinds did not see that that the uploaded Form on departmental website was incomplete viz on the bottom where Officer Incharge is to sign and stamp is cut.

6. The departmental Manual prescribes the Account Opening Forms to be “Machine Numbered”. As, when this criteria was drafted, there was no photocopying system, hence there is no mention there that a photocopy of a machine numbered Form can be used. As a matter of principle, photocopying a Machine Numbered Form in itself kills the very sensitive purpose of numbering the pages/forms as the machine number is given for some specific security purpose.

7. The Karachi Center advised me to download the Form. The Form I downloaded is the same which I downloaded and used some ten years back for opening of a Special Savings Account whereas the digitalization has been completed around March 2021. The uploaded Form is not digitalized. So if the Form is the same 10-15 years old, then what is the logic in NS Management’s drafting a policy for getting a new replacement Form from an old customer to suit digitalization.

8. A cursory glance shows that the NS policy makers themselves were aware of what they were doing by uploading a photocopy over photocopy public use Form which is evident from the fact that these Policy makers whitened the Machine Number the photocopied over photocopied Form used for scanning and uploading but as is generally believed universally that wrong doing leaves its foot step.s

9. It puzzles me if due to computerization really there is a need of replacement of Account Opening Form, then why Gulshan-II has not contacted me to file a new one. Does it mean when I visit them next, I will be slapped then that you need go through replacement and then to get a transaction done.

Renewing the assurances of my highest regards, I remain,

Yours respectfully,

Muhammad Javed

PS: Till today 30th July no response has been received

Nearly everywhere you go, you will see this,
It's like the country, and it's systems are being designed and run by a bunch of monkeys.

but then, wait, yes,
uneducated people are monkeys.

Metric fail, and job on basis of political affiliation.

Back
Top Bottom