What's new

Nation states web game

Audio

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
NationStates is a nation simulation game. Create a nation according to your political ideals and care for its people. Or deliberately oppress them. It's up to you.

How do I play?

Create a nation and follow it from there. You'll be asked to choose a name for your nation, a motto, a national animal, and a currency. Then you answer a short questionnaire about your politics, which will determine whether your nation is authoritarian or libertarian... conservative or liberal... compassionate or psychotic... you get the idea.

Once you have a nation, there are four main areas of the site to engross you: Issues, Regions, the World Assembly, and Forums.

NationStates | create your own country

my country:

The Most Serene Republic of Sensemillistan

Category: Suspiciously Liberal Dictatorship
Civil Rights: Below Average
Economy: All-Consuming
Political Freedoms: Unheard Of

The Most Serene Republic of Sensemillistan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Rocco the Stiff with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.351 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mary Jane. The average income tax rate is 80%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.

A fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion, military spending is on the increase, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sensemillistan's national animal is the treehugger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the opy.

You play by solving a handful of issues every day, like 5, or 6, which influence policy and shape your country. It's pretty fun.

issue example, you are given 3 options and an option to dismiss the issue:

The Issue

A recent poll on putting up huge loudspeakers in Sensemillistan's cities for public government broadcasts has been brought to your attention.

The Debate

"This idea is brilliant, and Sensemillistan can't afford to pass it up," claims Alexei Yeats, your Minister of Safety. "These loudspeakers can assure the public that the government is always here to help them. The potential here, to immediately warn citizens of an emergency such as an earthquake or a stampede of treehuggers or something, simply must be taken into account! This could save lives! And I suppose, when there isn't anything the citizens need to be told, you could always use them to broadcast patriotic messages like 'Live long and work hard for me.' and inform the good people which party to join and vote for with newsbriefs and such. It'll be worth it to strengthen the populace's devotion to our glorious nation!"

"I think people need to realise what this really is: brainwashing!" retorts Al Longbottom, a wealthy marketer. "I don't want to hear all this flag-waving hogwash every time I go out for a walk. But when it comes to emergencies, I do agree that something should be done to warn everyone: we should send out messages on mandatory miniature radios that you can carry in your pocket. It could tell you things you need to know too, like what shoes to buy and such."

"To be honest, I can't see why we should put up with advertising at all," says Natalia du Pont, an anti-business protester. "All it is is some multi-billionaire or politician somewhere trying to make even more money while the rest of us struggle to make ends meet. I say we ban it. Maybe the economy will suffer a little and some people may lose jobs but that's just a minor side-effect really, especially when you consider that no longer will our children be encouraged to fill themselves with junk-food because some guy on the telly tells them it's cool!"

The Government Position

The government has yet to formalize a position on this issue.

What you pick out of the four options then reflects in your countries stats and summary the next day.

I used to play this game but it became boring and stupid after a bunch of Islamist Pakistanis kept bothering me to join their alliance. I logged back in after a year and might play it again lol.

Btw here's my nation;

Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:Very Good
Economy:All-Consuming
Political Freedoms:Good

The Republic of Jinnahpur is a huge, safe nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed population of 893 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Karachi. The average income tax rate is 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Tourism industries.

Polygamy is legal, shanty towns have formed around the newly rebuilt commercial district, medical lawsuits are out of control, and major cities are suffering under water rationing. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jinnahpur's national animal is the Dolphin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Rupee.

I used to play this game but it became boring and stupid after a bunch of Islamist Pakistanis kept bothering me to join their alliance. I logged back in after a year and might play it again lol.

Btw here's my nation;

Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:Very Good
Economy:All-Consuming
Political Freedoms:Good

The Republic of Jinnahpur is a huge, safe nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed population of 893 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Karachi. The average income tax rate is 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Tourism industries.

Polygamy is legal, shanty towns have formed around the newly rebuilt commercial district, medical lawsuits are out of control, and major cities are suffering under water rationing. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jinnahpur's national animal is the Dolphin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Rupee.

Do a terrorist party like mqm also exist in your internet jinnahpur?? Is altaf self exile or in??

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom