What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think just like Naswar Corner there should also BAVRA Corner…..thread.. :azn:

JD is not a bourbon... Its Tennessee Whiskey

Bro Jack Daniels is not bourbon!! Bourbon is from Kentucky and JD is Tennessee. People just list it as a bourbon but they are liers. :P Champagne taste like sht :lol:, but it is about the moment and memories. :cheers: I can never get that thing open though.

Dammit you got to him first. :D

I do not know what you guys are talking about :undecided:

Jack Daniel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although the product generally meets the regulatory criteria for classification as a straight bourbon, the company disavows this classification and markets it simply as Tennessee whiskey rather than as Tennessee bourbon.[4][5]

Allah, God, Bhagwan kare sabko aisa dost mile. :D

Known him for 10 years man, got him shalwar kameez for his birthday once because he was making fun of the way it looks. I was like yo your body will start to breathe I will get you one for your birthday. Now he loves shalwar kameez. :D

They do meet the criteria but they have minor differences and Bourbon was named based on the town in Kentucky anyway so usually only Kentucky whiskeys classify themselves as Bourbon. Bourbon was actually named in honor of the last French royal family the Bourbons. You can also find French influence in Kentucky such as Louisville. Just a history lesson thrown in there for the heck of it. :tup:

Whiskeys distilled and bottled in the bourbon county only can be called Bourbons. Plus they should not have any added flavors. In Case of JD, its not made in Bourbon county and at the same time, since its filtered thru charred Sugar, this constitutes as addition of flavor and hence can not be called bourbon

They do meet the criteria but they have minor differences and Bourbon was named based on the town in Kentucky anyway so usually only Kentucky whiskeys classify themselves as Bourbon. Bourbon was actually named in honor of the last French royal family the Bourbons. You can also find French influence in Kentucky such as Louisville. Just a history lesson thrown in there for the heck of it. :tup:

Im not sure of the history of the whole thing.

Bourbon is a legal thing, now, like scotch and it meets the criteria! So it is also refereed to as a bourbon..

Whiskeys distilled and bottled in the bourbon county only can be called Bourbons. Plus they should not have any added flavors. In Case of JD, its not made in Bourbon county and at the same time, since its filtered thru charred Sugar, this constitutes as addition of flavor and hence can not be called bourbon

Legally, JD does qualify as a bourbon but then maybe the historical context was much narrow. :cheers:

Bourbon is a legal thing, now, like scotch and it meets the criteria! So it is also refereed to as a bourbon..

Nah legally they do not list themselves as a Bourbon. The company markets itself as a whiskey but it is the local people who call it a bourbon which is why there is confusion. Technically the difference is miniscule.

Tennessee Whiskey is filtered before it is barreled/aged and Bourbon is filtered after barreling/aging. This is the distinction that prevents Tennessee whiskey from being a bourbon.

Ok Guys i'll not call it a bourbon ;)

Seems that short reading on such subjects is not satisfactory.. anyways I still like it a lot :cheesy:

Yes.. Its a legal thing and that's why JD is not a bourbon.. Like all sparkling wines are not champagnes and all malt whiskeys are not scotch :)

Southerners would take offense to these types of mistakes, giving you a heads up lest they put a shotgun on your ***. ;)

Hmmm, I will be careful.. Wouldn't want my a cheeks to go flat or disfigured :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom