In Turkey we kiss on the cheek. Twice! :omghaha:

:blink: whats errr going on here? :blink:

@Hyperion @arp2041 what next?
man+hug.jpg
OR
4523945900_d311107ace_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Talon itna mat socho.....ghutno mey dard hoga :lol:

@BDforever, terey post sey school ki 1 baat yaad a gayi..............

Once a student wanted to go early so he said - "Sir my Headache is Paining" :rofl:

Absolutely peace is possible if we each stop meddling in each others affairs & no amount of ideological leaning is going to perpetuate or assuage that peace deficit !

Its not a question of whether two narratives can exist in one small family or not its a question of the psychological mentoring that every child goes through irrespective of their place of origin - They are told who they are !

I don't want that notion muddied up because even at a familial level a sense of identity, purpose & a vision for the future could not be imbued in the consciousness of that child as is inevitable in such a Union whereby either one of the parent compromises on their notions of all of the above or they remain indifferent to it as if it doesn't matter !

I would never want any child of mine to not know why we fought for a Pakistan, who was Muhammad Ali Jinnah...who he truly was, why we are in the mess we are & why they must forsake their futures if they have to build this country up instead of being cafeteria critics or a sorry excuse for a National !

The co-existence of both narratives is absolutely essential- in the larger context that is. You think two ideas which pit themselves against each other can ever peacefully coexist? Two societies which view each other with abject suspicion will always engage in hostilities- albeit these hostilities will be defined and driven by many factors that are prevalent- such as the nuclear umbrella which both nations have created.

If people on both sides do not find at least ONE common theme then it is only logical that both nations will continue to interfere in each others internal affairs. We do so even now despite all sorts of TBMs, track two diplomacy and exchanges among the bureaucrats.

Regression in the hostility between the two nation's ideologies is the sine qua non for peace in the subcontinent. The ideologies do not need to devolve and disappear but they will have to amend themselves in order to vitiate the existing trend of tensions in the region. I'm not even suggesting any sort of amalgamation of cultures or practices here. Antithetical is a vast leap from neutral. Even neutrality in the viewpoints of the two nations will require the masses to change the dynamics that dictate the way they view each other. Greater prosperity through economic convergence itself is not possible between societies which essentially label each other as incompatible.

Otherwise what you're referring to as peace, a peace which is a simple absence of war, has already been achieved to a large degree as far as India is concerned. After all we are not in a state of declared war. India is under no conventional threat from Pakistan, it has no threat of being subjected to hegemony, warfare by proxies or conventional military action can no longer threaten its territorial integrity. At that rate at least India might as well maintain the status quo and leave things be. A greater impetus to economic dependence and cessation of warfare through proxies will simply achieve what you want. But that will not create a scenario where the two nations can disengage their armies and reap the peace dividend.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this point.

@arp2041 @KRAIT @hinduguy @Secur @Ayush @ZYXW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom