What's new

NASA’s Warp Drive Project

How? That's a wormhole, warp drive would contract space in front of the ship and expand it at the back. How does that make a tunnel?
oh, i am sorry i used few messed up words actually WARP drive is nothing but fiction (unlike wormhole concept)but in the star trek franchise what it does is that space-time continuum except the area around spaceship is distorted while it remains undisturbed near spaceship. a wormhole does the the exact opposite, in wormhole the ship enters the tunnel connecting the two spaces and is basically a shortcut to that place so, you can that in wormhole concept the space time around the space ship is distorted.
basically the difference is like a stair and escalator, you have to work to ahieve in stair while the escalator does the work for you. :)

If a spaceship can be constructed of both negative mass matter and positive mass matter and contain positive mass objects such as people and everyday belongings, but the net mass of the spaceship and all that it contains is negative, then I suspect the whole shebang including spaceship and all can go faster than light. Once again, darn the Chinese for inventing positive and negative numbers in the first place. JK JK :china:

Back
Top Bottom