What's new

Narendra Modi lands in Uttarakhand, flies out with 15,000 Gujaratis

Not desirable, Even I heard some other keralites complaining that AK Antony is our DM and he is not available to contact.

What they want? take out only few people out 10 people out of 100 people and save them and let others die?

Help is for all people, no privilege should be there? All these Jugad bazi and 'reservation's quota even in help.

And what NaMo said earlier? for him secular means 'Indians first' so can't he help all people.

would be much happier if the heading says 'Modi chipps in, helped 15k'

Its clear you are a 'secularist' :D ...................just so that we understand ....you objection is to the "Headlines" or to the action of Modi in saving people from his state ?

There is no 'space' for more choppers. What do you think? IAF/IA has no more choppers? they put their maximum into the rescue.
yeah read it in another thread , i hope that was the actual reason otherwise we have been hearing about more than 10000 people still being stranded.

yeah read it in another thread , i hope that was the actual reason otherwise we have been hearing about more than 10000 people still being stranded.

We have 400+ for disposal. Only IAF have 150 MI-8, Mi-17 and 47 Dhruvs. Not to mention Navy and IA.

Even we offered Pakistan during their 2005 quakes but they refused to take the offer.

Its clear you are a 'secularist' :D ...................just so that we understand ....you objection is to the "Headlines" or to the action of Modi in saving people from his state ?

I have a problem with differentiating people by race, language, state etc etc.

Irony is this is exactly NaMo said as the meaning of "Being secular"

In the starting of rescue operation government allowed very few choppers. When more then lacs people are stuck in such way that delaying rescue operation ll increase no of death people. you can not say that we have no space to operate the choppers. They have to find other way.
CM was still in delhi and was planning to go to aboard. Railway is charging victims. You can take guess , How serious government is.
State police who is posting is acting like they are on vacation. State government is doing nothing to give medical support. Have you seen any info related to medical support from state or center government. They are busy in VVIP trip.

His
I have a problem with differentiating people by race, language, state etc etc.

Irony is this is exactly NaMo said as the meaning of "Being secular"

:lol: ............ so you have a problem with Indian state where created along Liguistic lines. Are you planning to protest against it anytime soon ?

You have a problem with Indian state differentiating people along caste lines by offering 'reservation'..........when are you going to protest against that ? :P

You have a problem with Indian state differentiating people along religious lines by their appeasement policy. When are you planning to protest against the congress ? :coffee:

People of Gujarat has elected him into his position to take care of THEIR INTERESTS. That is his FIRST DUTY. His duty to rest of India comes NEXT. There is nothing to show he has neglected his duty to the rest of India. I see nothing 'Ironic' about this, only desperation by a 'secularist'. :sick:

[QUTE=sankranti;4441128]:lol: ............ so you have a problem with Indian state where created along Liguistic lines. Are you planning to protest against it anytime soon ?

You have a problem with Indian state differentiating people along caste lines by offering 'reservation'..........when are you going to protest against that ? :P

You have a problem with Indian state differentiating people along religious lines by their appeasement policy. When are you planning to protest against the congress ? :coffee:

When I vote next time.

People of Gujarat has elected him into his position to take care of THEIR INTERESTS. That is his FIRST DUTY. His duty to rest of India comes NEXT. There is nothing to show he has neglected his duty to the rest of India. I see nothing 'Ironic' about this, only desperation by a 'secularist'. :sick:

I think more desperate was NaMo, who 'defines' secularism(which I mentioned in my last post)

In the starting of rescue operation government allowed very few choppers. When more then lacs people are stuck in such way that delaying rescue operation ll increase no of death people. you can not say that we have no space to operate the choppers. They have to find other way.
CM was still in delhi and was planning to go to aboard. Railway is charging victims. You can take guess , How serious government is.
State police who is posting is acting like they are on vacation. State government is doing nothing to give medical support. Have you seen any info related to medical support from state or center government. They are busy in VVIP trip.
yeah heard that , bastard wanted to go to swizerland when thousands die , but an army brigadier was quoted saying that the air space is too small thus they can't accomodate more choopers ...whatever it may be the state administration and the localites are no less responsible for this national calamity ....

I think more desperate was NaMo, who 'defines' secularism(which I mentioned in my last post)

:lol: how is it desperate ? NaMo is a politician who is required to tell people where he stands and then explain his stand. His stand and definition of secularism was perfectly within this context.

Its Rahul Gandhi and Antonio Maino who has not defined 'secularism' ...........you should be more worried about that.

Those who are saying NaMo rescued only Gujratis, please note that the news is from ToI which likes to put a spin on the headlines

Gujrat govt. officials are not discriminating against any person whther he is from gujarat or not.

Please see this comment from a bengali

BNbRj4XCcAA85u1.jpg:large

It is understandable that pakistanis are blaming NaMo for only saving Gujratis...Pakistanis have no idea about duties of a cheif minister as they are a pseudo democracy...

NaMo did a great job by saving Gujratis because right now as a CM of Gujrat he is answerable to people of Gujrat and to no one else...this is called state governance....

Those who are saying NaMo rescued only Gujratis, please note that the news is from ToI which likes to put a spin on the headlines

Gujrat govt. officials are not discriminating against any person whther he is from gujarat or not.

Please see this comment from a bengali

BNbRj4XCcAA85u1.jpg:large

It is a comment posted on TOI. The person who posted this comment can't be verified. He could be anyone, Could be a Modi supporter posing as a Bengali after noticing many comments out their criticizing Modi for saving just Gujaratis.

Another update from TOI....

Forget Modi, even Rambo can’t save 15,000 pilgrims, experts say - The Times of India

It is a comment posted on TOI. The person who posted this comment can't be verified. He could be anyone, Could be a Modi supporter posing as a Bengali after noticing many comments out their criticizing Modi for saving just Gujaratis.

Forget Modi, even Rambo can’t save 15,000 pilgrims, experts say - The Times of India
mate he is a bengali and i can vouch for him as a fellow bengali.actually we Bengalis are a race of grateful people,so if anyone help us in times of our need we always remain grateful to that person.its in our blood and the way this person wrote his experience i can feel his emotions as a fellow Kolkatan.
whatever happens mark my words that a sizeable portion of Kolkatans will vote for BJP in the coming 2014 election.

'Gujarat govt showed it is very good at disaster management' - Rediff.com India News

Uttarakhand BJP spokesperson Anil Baluni, who was also the former vice-chairperson of the state forest and environment advisory committee, spoke with rediff.com about the operation carried out by Modi and his team.

“This is the season when the number of Gujarati pilgrims is the highest. Almost 25 per cent of the pilgrims are from Gujarat at this time. When the tragedy first struck, the Gujarat government sought to know the exact numbers. They geared themselves up since day one and did not waste time, and proved that they are very good at disaster management. Their approach was systematic since day one,” Baluni said.

“The first thing the Gujarat government did was to appoint a relief commissioner, Poonam Singh Pandey. They then decided to use the BJP network in Uttarakhand and reached out to each unit seeking help. They sent in four officers in the ranks of IAS and IPS to oversee the work and assist the relief commissioner. Each of these officers who were sent in was originally from Uttarakhand but was working in the Gujarat cadre. This was done to ensure that there was no problem where the locations or the language was concerned. They were able to converse and move around with ease since they were familiar with the place and this helped a lot in the rescue operation,” Baluni noted.

“This team spread across the state. Their phone numbers were shared with BJP workers in the state who were told that the numbers should be shared with the pilgrims who could get in touch with the relief commissioner directly. This made it very easy to communicate, as a result of which the rescue operation was successful. Along with planes, the government of Gujarat also sent in 100 buses to rescue the pilgrims. All the workers were told that the pilgrims who were caught up should be provided food and water until the rescue team reaches there,” he said.

“What Modi did was stunning and he decided to station himself in the flood-affected state for three days. This acted as a boon for all. The officers on the job were charged up and the fact that Modi was directly in contact with the workers charged up the entire team. This automatically gave us a lot of enthusiasm. Modi not only inspected the areas personally but also spoke to each of the workers despite all the danger. Unlike some Congress leaders he did not sit in Delhi and tweet about the operation or mock the rest who were doing work,” he added.

Back
Top Bottom