What's new

Narendra Modi Cabinet reshuffle LIVE updates: Nirmala Sitharaman becomes new defence minister

New defense minister shortly after Doklam crisis.

Looks like Modi decide to kick its defense minister for causing embarrassment to India.

Looks like Modi decide to kick its defense minister for causing embarrassment to India.

There was no defence minister during Doklam.

Jaitley is the finance minister with part time role of defence minister.

And even without it the whole situation rattled China so much. :D

Imagine now what would happen.

There was no defence minister during Doklam.

Jaitley is the finance minister with part time role of defence minister.

And even without it the whole situation rattled China so much. :D

Imagine now what would happen.

Precisely who in right mind would assign a finance minister in the mist of demonetization and GST to handle the defence ministry especially at a short stint

But she is a refined technocrat; not a military/intelligence/strategy thinker. She was a superb commerce minister for industries and all but defence?

They need to get someone from the environment and no one else is better suited than Gen. VK Singh to become the defence minister. He will be in his element and he knows the ins and outs of the defence especially in the border regions.

I don't understand why doesn't PM Modi make him the defence minister.

She is a good choice to create defence eco system in India. Govt has big plans for defence sector and she is expert in commerce & industry systems. So a very good choice!!!

Pardon me for my ignorance but why is this reshuffling being done? Any particular reason or just a routine thing.

Pardon me for my ignorance but why is this reshuffling being done? Any particular reason or just a routine thing.
Mostly routine. Also some posts like Railway Ministry - was getting lot of flanking attack from opposition, thus was replaced by more capable minister, others like defence ministry was being handled by finance ministry for a few months, so a dedicated minister was given

Because Modi found that previous ministers were duffers & dolts.

temvbvbfgrt.png

Controversy is Burkha Dutt's illegitimate child, dude.

Gen. Singh is a decorated Army Officer. He is also the only commando to have reached the rank of general in India.

He has bled for the country and stood strong against our enemies.

A defence minister is supposed to be fierce and ferocious in his speech.

Not like that clown Anthony.

PM Modi can just ask Gen. Singh not to interact with the media until told and let him actually do something for the troops on ground.

Appointing Sitharaman for this post is like appointing a Chartered accountant to make a car.
VK singh is an army chief. There are Navy and Airforce chiefs too, and making him boss of others will only ensure a risk of non-co-operation that will hamper the working of defence as a whole.

Here is your moron BJP CM of MP who does not have enough knowledge, yet starts tweeting on inaccuracies and then deletes the erroneous tweet subsequently:

shivraj.png

Look at Modi's copy paste twitter (paid) warriors:

DIvFK2YVwAAc0Tv.jpg:large

Khud ka Ghar Chalaneki aukat nahin hai .... lekin yahaan forum pe hindustan ka zanda lagake desh kaise chalaya jaay ispe gyaan pelate hai.

Idiot!!! ... Modi is here to stay for a long haul. And only he can decide when to call it quits from the PM of India. Electorally he has already secured his second stint.

Moron!!! ... Everybody knows You are no Indian. You are just a false flagger ... just like your compatriots who pretend to be Indians when abroad.

Bhai log ! Enjoy the rants of this imbecile ... and enjoy how Modi is driving this dolt to nuts making him rant allover this forum.

Best to let Indian women do the fighting.

Back
Top Bottom