What's new

NAL bailed out BrahMos ALCM when Russians asked for the Moon

Wait means before this India didn't do drop test on their 'indigenous' missiles? So who did it then?
So far, there is no indigenous missile which weighs even close to Brahmos. That is the only reason the center pylon has to be modified on the MKI.

Even though this weapon is designed to hit my country the engineer in me says thumbs up for the indigenous production of vital tech. and not succumbing to milkman tactics!

Do you understand what your other brethren here said?:enjoy:

Wait!! What?? I am surprised your country does a drop test on all of its missiles.. sounds interesting, tell me more:lol:

Wait!! What?? I am surprised your country does a drop test on all of its missiles.. sounds interesting, tell me more:lol:
Can you tell me what kind of missiles need a drop test simulation in wind tunnels? :azn: What is the weight and size criteria which determines what needs to be drop tested in wind tunnels? :cool:

Most Indians here are trying so hard to save face and show they didn't use foreign help prior to this. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The truth is wind tunnel drop tests are use to determine an object's aerodynamic properties after release from a plane, it has nothing to do with size nor weight. You think they drop a 2 tonne missile inside a 4 meter wind tunnel, genius? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

All missiles need to have their aerodynamic properties validated in a drop test, either simulated in wind tunnels using a scale model or life size drops from the air. India had been using overseas facilities all along, unlike China and the other advanced countries.

Last edited:
Can you tell me what kind of missiles need a drop test simulation in wind tunnels? :azn: What is the weight and size criteria which determines what needs to be drop tested in wind tunnels? :cool:

As far as I know, the missiles that require a drop test are that which are dropped from a carrier aircraft. India did not have such a missile and therefore did not require a drop test and therefore the following post of yours makes no sense at all.

Wait means before this India didn't do drop test on their 'indigenous' missiles? So who did it then?

Most Indians here are trying so hard to save face and show they didn't use foreign help prior to this. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We did not have any missile of this category to be tested on a foreign soil genius.

The truth is wind tunnel drop tests are use to determine an object's aerodynamic properties after release from a plane, it has nothing to do with size nor weight. You think they drop a 2 tonne missile inside a 4 meter wind tunnel, genius? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never said that, but if you believed that a 2 ton missile could be dropped or jettisoned out from a wind tunnel, god save you and your sad population. Now explain the below comment of yours with what other Indian missile was there that required such a test?

All missiles need to have their aerodynamic properties validated in a drop test, either simulated in wind tunnels using a scale model or life size drops from the air. India had been using overseas facilities all along, unlike China and the other advanced countries.

All missiles undergo a drop test? Seriously? I just need a pinch of what you smoke to get high. Google did not help you or what?

Even though this weapon is designed to hit my country the engineer in me says thumbs up for the indigenous production of vital tech. and not succumbing to milkman tactics!
Don't flatter yourself too much. A 3 million dollar missile is overkill for Pakistan or even China. This thing from the beginning was designed against the USN. Which is why the India needed it. After the USSR collapse the Indians realized that only they themselves have to protect against USN in IOR.

As far as I know, the missiles that require a drop test are that which are dropped from a carrier aircraft. India did not have such a missile and therefore did not require a drop test and therefore the following post of yours makes no sense at all.

We did not have any missile of this category to be tested on a foreign soil genius.
Exactly, google and explain to me what is the criteria? Since all your geniuses here seems to point to size and weight? How do you define which missile needs and don't need. My suspicion is you had never done a single test before because you do not know how to simulate it and analyze the results. Hence whatever missiles which needed it are either sent overseas to Russia to simulate or did not perform it at all.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never said that, but if you believed that a 2 ton missile could be dropped or jettisoned out from a wind tunnel, god save you and your sad population. Now explain the below comment of yours with what other Indian missile was there that required such a test?
Yet, some of the Indians here were so quick to use the size and weight criteria for a drop test simulation? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. Needing a drop test simulation and wanting or being able to perform one are two different things altogether. You get what I mean?

All missiles undergo a drop test? Seriously? I just need a pinch of what you smoke to get high. Google did not help you or what?
You mean to tell me India do not have indigenous 'LGB'? :rofl:Yes, all modern missiles undergone a drop test simulation inside a wind tunnel before going through a life drop test, unless you are living in the 50s like India.

I don't think that their laboratory or scientific institution is responsible for the integration of this missile.they are marketing tactics.india is a country who rejected it's own fighter jet.i don't think that this integration or even tests are conducted without Russian assistance.

Exactly, google and explain to me what is the criteria? Since all your geniuses here seems to point to size and weight? How do you define which missile needs and don't need. My suspicion is you had never done a single test before because you do not know how to simulate it and analyze the results. Hence whatever missiles which needed it are either sent overseas to Russia to simulate or did not perform it at all.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Genius we are talking about drop test here and you have been caught pants down stating " All missiles undergo Drop Tests":rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: , We have reasonable amount of capability to simulate the missile's parameters but the point of discussion here is drop test. You still haven't answered me which other Indian missile had to be drop tested?

Yet, some of the Indians here were so quick to use the size and weight criteria for a drop test simulation? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. Needing a drop test simulation and wanting or being able to perform one are two different things altogether. You get what I mean?

Firstly, did you get what you meant yourself, before asking me this? Quote me where I said weight and Size? I challenge you. But I can quote your absolute foolish statement here below for the readers to see:rofl::rofl:

All missiles need to have their aerodynamic properties validated in a drop test

You mean to tell me India do not have indigenous 'LGB'? :rofl:Yes, all modern missiles undergone a drop test simulation inside a wind tunnel before going through a life drop test, unless you are living in the 50s like India.

Since when according to your sane logic did LGB become a missile and all the LGB's developed by India have been directly drop tested from an Aircraft just like any other nation on the planet(Oh sorry you guys are exceptional to run a CFD and drop test a Bomb under controlled environment:rofl: ). Now tell me which missile did India have to drop test?

Han's 'doubts' were already cleared up for him. It's best to ignore.

There's no need to do wind tunnel studies on an existing aircraft when you integrate a missile unless the missile is too big and thus interrupts the airflow considerably (yes, in that sense, size matters) or if you've to modify the aircraft.
Both these criteria were true for Su30-BrahMos.

You need to do these studies when you design an aircraft as well.
LCA needed store separation studies because it was designed by us. And you can clearly see images from those studies in the post quoted below.
IMG_20171228_160258.jpg

It's very likely that we've done wind tunnel separation studies on other aircrafts as well, since I've seen a lot of models myself when I went to NAL for cluster bombs and so on.

Last edited:
Genius we are talking about drop test here and you have been caught pants down stating " All missiles undergo Drop Tests":rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: , We have reasonable amount of capability to simulate the missile's parameters but the point of discussion here is drop test. You still haven't answered me which other Indian missile had to be drop tested?

Firstly, did you get what you meant yourself, before asking me this? Quote me where I said weight and Size? I challenge you. But I can quote your absolute foolish statement here below for the readers to see:rofl::rofl:

Since when according to your sane logic did LGB become a missile and all the LGB's developed by India have been directly drop tested from an Aircraft just like any other nation on the planet(Oh sorry you guys are exceptional to run a CFD and drop test a Bomb under controlled environment:rofl: ). Now tell me which missile did India have to drop test?
His english also seems to be like Punjabi sometimes.

Modi ... is a aerospace engineer?

He has a habbit of bringing Modi for everything...Take it easy..He is a nice anti Modi, Indian guy..

Indian Gov should really start investing on our local industries..If required, we can invest in private public partnership in defence industries too..We can not keep on importing arms for ever....

This is from the study done on Astra A2A missile in NAL in 2010.
Note that there's no need of aircraft model. But the wing maybe needed.

Article: UNSTEADY PRESSURE MEASUREMENTS ON A 1:2.848 SCALE ASTRA MISSILE CONFIGURATION
Kurade RajanN Srinivasan

Abstract: Wind tunnel tests were carried out on 1:2.848 scale model of ASTRA missile configuration to measure unsteady pressures in the complex flow field in the wing region in the 1.2m tunnel at NAL in the Mach number range of 0.8 to 3. The angle of incidence was varied from 0° to 20°in the step mode in steps of 5°. The unsteady surface pressure fluctuations were measured at eight locations on the model using 1/16 inch dia., ±10psid range, cylindrical type Kulite pressure transducers. An accelerometer was mounted inside the model cavity to capture or identify the structural frequency (aerodynamically induced) of the model, if any. The transducers located ahead of the wing indicate relatively clean flow, do not pick up any significant levels of fluctuation, irrespective of angle of incidence, Mach number and configuration tested. The transducers located in the wing region show a distinct and dominant peak around frequency of 700 Hz. Amplitude of the dominant peak increases with increase in angle of incidence. This peak is also reflected in outputs from the transducers which are located downstream of the wing, at higher angle of incidences. Accelerometer output also confirms this dominant peak around frequency of 700 Hz. Spectra are generally broadband, with a dominant peak occurring around 700Hz. Parametric studies show that no dominant peak is observed for the configuration without the wings for the Mach number and angle of incidence tested. Hence it is strongly felt that the dominant frequency of 700 Hz was induced because of the wing flow. This document gives a brief description of the experiments and the instrumentation used to obtain unsteady pressure data. Typical results on unsteady pressure distribution are briefly discussed. Show less
Article · Jan 2010

Last edited:
Now they get nil.

I dont know why these foreign govts can understand our nature and capability .

US did the same for decades especially in nuclear sector .Now we have our own most innovative Thorium reactor tech .
At least Russians should have understand this since we have decades of cooperation
We will pay decent money if they help us .If they wont we make our own .
Now Russians can stretch look towards sky .

'

YES ALL modern missiles/bombs dropped from an aircraft undergone drop tests simulation in a wind tunnel to simulate it's qerodynamics. Unless India is living in the 50s where they just assume everything works, and later found out the the missile/bomb had a different aerodynamic properties and fail to function as per design, then it's India's choice.

I am asking you the question and you are asking me back in return?:rofl::rofl::rofl:. I asked you what is the criteria for doing a drop test simulation? What size and weight? Which Indian missile had been tested overseas? If this was the first to be simulated indigenously, does it mean all previous missiles/LGBs were not tested? Or maybe There is no other 'indigenous' aircraft missiles other than Brahmos?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

'
I am telling you it does not depend on weight and size, it is done by people to know the aerodynamic properties of something dropped from an aircraft, regardless of size or weight, I told you, you are not dropping a 2 tonnes missile in a wind tunnel genius. Get it?:enjoy:

Your Modi fans here are saying it is, GET IT?:lol:

I did not said LGB is a missile, I said LGB/missile/objects dropped from an aircraft that needs it aerodynamics verified or simulated undergo simulation in a windtunnel drop test. DO you get it genius? It could be a bomb, a missile or even a X-51 drop test. So are you saying before this India had never done a windtunnel drop test before? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's wht I AM ASKING YOU! Why are you asking me in return? Which missile dropped from an Indian aircraft had or had not undergone a drop test inside a wind tunnel? If you had, it meant you sent it overseas, if you haven't it, meant you were doing guesstimate engineering. Get it bhai?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom