What's new

Najam Sethi views on current situation

How can you even speculate a victory for PTI let alone 2/3 ?

What speculation? I am merely listing all possibilities, without assigning any likelihood of success for any particular outcome.

Listing possibilities is speculation.
"The trouble is that most of you come into these discussions half-arsed, without doing your homework, and then try to defend your positions to the last man, last bullet. Relax." Joe Shearer

Listing possibilities is speculation.

Please consult a dictionary if you care to educate yourself about the difference, for it is not my responsibility to correct what you misunderstand.

For the next national elections, whenever they might be held, under current or amended rules, there are these possibilities:

IK wins with a 2/3rds majority.
IK wins but with a less than 2/3rds majority.
Someone else wins with a 2/3rds majority.
Someone else wins but with a less than 2/3rds majority.

Some here may prefer one or more of the possibilities over the other possible outcomes, based on the quantity of hair possessed by their favored leader or some other similarly silly yardstick.. To an impartial observer, they are all worthy of being kept in mind, that is all.

To me, no matter which outcome is realized, some things are likely to remain true. For example, loadshedding and devaluation will continue. Social development will remain abysmal and indeed grow worse. The security mindset will remain a straitjacket on all major matters of national policy. I could go on, but I do not see the point in elaborating further.

@AgNoStiC MuSliM @Jango or others may wish to carry this discussion on if they so choose.

Please consult a dictionary if you care to educate yourself about the difference, for it is not my responsibility to correct what you misunderstand.

For the next national elections, whenever they might be held, under current or amended rules, there are these possibilities:

Some here may prefer one or more of the possibilities over the other possible outcomes, based on the quantity of hair possessed by their favored leader or some other similarly silly yardstick.. To an impartial observer, they are all worthy of being kept in mind, that is all.

To me, no matter which outcome is realized, some things are likely to remain true. For example, loadshedding and devaluation will continue. Social development will remain abysmal and indeed grow worse. The security mindset will remain a straitjacket on all major matters of national policy. I could go on, but I do not see the point in elaborating further.

@AgNoStiC MuSliM @Jango or others may wish to carry this discussion on if they so choose.

Kia guftagu ho rahi hai idhr?

speculate

spec·u·late | \ ˈspe-kyə-ˌlāt \
speculated; speculating

Definition of speculate​

intransitive verb
1a: to meditate on or ponder a subject : REFLECT
b: to review something idly or casually and often inconclusively
2: to assume a business risk in hope of gainespecially : to make a relatively risky investment in something (such as stocks or real estate) in the hope of making a large short-term profit from market fluctuations
transitive verb
1: to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence : THEORIZE
2: to be curious or doubtful about : WONDERspeculates whether it will rain all vacation

For the next national elections, whenever they might be held, under current or amended rules, there are these possibilities:”
This is amazing insight, I didnt know someone can win or not win 2/3 majority in an election !

Some here may prefer one or more of the possibilities over the other possible outcomes, based on the quantity of hair possessed by their favored leader or some other similarly silly yardstick.. To an impartial observer, they are all worthy of being kept in mind, that is all

Well if I can dare to speculate, Bilawal and Maryam are probably with the most hair?

Well we can only speculate about the future.

Anyway I don’t think we need to get hungup on words. The main gist of my original post was something else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom