What's new

Najam Sethi, this guy talks sense.

Najam Sethi is good.. he just won an award for independent journalism recently as well. His neutral stance on things makes him worth listening to. Sadly, there is too much emotion, drama and sensationalism on both sides of the border. We need more people who think like him to have peace between the two nations.

Lets hope it happens soon enough, I want to party it up in Goa! :)

Najam Sethi is good.. he just won an award for independent journalism recently as well. His neutral stance on things makes him worth listening to. Sadly, there is too much emotion, drama and sensationalism on both sides of the border. We need more people who think like him to have peace between the two nations.

Agree with you. We need saner voices to prevail.

And do visit Goa. Man, its amazing. I was there for two weeks around the new year.

Just to warn you - it's packed with Israelis who generally gyrate on the nerves. I was there recently - and the Israelis staying next door made it a point to ask if we were Muslims - especially a Parsi friend who told them that her ancestors happened to be originally from Iran. It was weird - because I have never been asked about my religion before in India.

Just to warn you - it's packed with Israelis who generally gyrate on the nerves. I was there recently - and the Israelis staying next door made it a point to ask if we were Muslims - especially a Parsi friend who told them that her ancestors happened to be originally from Iran. It was weird - because I have never been asked about my religion before in India.

Haha! Thanks for the heads up! Wait till they hear that I am a pure-bred Pakistani Muslim. :rofl:

do these people represent pakistan or india, we need people who have the that they are indeed pakistanis not any foreign western journalists. their stupidity doesnt represent their qualitative or neutral nature. indians uchalne kudne lagte hain in logon ke batain sun ke, aur sharmindage pakistanis ko uthani perte hai!!

but atleast i appreciate the neutral media of pakistan and that pakistan has free mature media ((though they go little soft on criticizing the govt due to govt pressure)), unlike BS indian media.

I totally agree with his points. There really is no alternate but talks to make some sense out of this Kashmir dilemma. The only consideration has to be that the pride of both sides should not be bruised and Kashmiris are allowed some alternate different from status-quo.

do these people represent pakistan or india, we need people who have the that they are indeed pakistanis not any foreign western journalists. their stupidity doesnt represent their qualitative or neutral nature. indians uchalne kudne lagte hain in logon ke batain sun ke, aur sharmindage pakistanis ko uthani perte hai!!

but atleast i appreciate the neutral media of pakistan and that pakistan has free mature media ((though they go little soft on criticizing the govt due to govt pressure)), unlike BS indian media.

Hammy,

Hard line aside, what are the realistic options here? Forget about sharmindagi and uchalna kudna, those things matter little when we are talking about a problem that has persisted for 60+ years. The Turks and Greeks are talking, so why are we not?

Hammy,

Hard line aside, what are the realistic options here? Forget about sharmindagi and uchalna kudna, those things matter little when we are talking about a problem that has persisted for 60+ years. The Turks and Greeks are talking, so why are we not?

Couldn't agree more. 60+ years of intense rivalry, war, bloodshed, depressed economic progress and so much more on both sides of the border. Is "sharmindagi" (or in other words ego) really worth it? It saddens me to think how much more we could have been. Who knows, we may have even become the Europe of Asia. It is high time we realise the opportunity costs of this tussle.

There are a multitude of hawks on our side as well. And the uchalna kudna happens on your side whenever these hawks open their mouths on TV and say things like "Das kadam, Pakistan kahtam". The point here is that the govt. and people in both countries have to turn a deaf ear to these people and work out a compromise solution. The composite dialogue was a step in the right direction but unfortunately 26/11 nipped it in the bud.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:

this guy is biiggest traitor i have ever seen.....this man is a pure agent......he is master in manuplating facts and mixing up of truth and lies...

Some days ago renowned columnist and anchor person of Express news TV javed ch,express newsJaved Ch wrote a column in which he highlighted the character of Najam sethi,editor of ‘Daily Times’ and Governor Punjab Salman Taseer. This has evolved a controversy.
Javed Ch writes” In 1997 Najam sethi visited India and there ridicule the Pakistan ideology and the principles of Islam . Moreover , Najam sethi is running a NGO in Lahore which is sponsored by India and America because of its Anti Pakistan ideology. Najam sethi blatantly criticizes the fundamentals of Islam and is very fond of dogs”.

Javed Ch writes further” Musharraf has told me in his meeting that Najam sethi compelled me to carry out Lal masjid operation and after the operation these people ran away”.

Javed ch is cautious of the fact that new government is also acting in the hands of people like Najam sethi because these people are no good for any government nor for people of this country .

just his new series on " Apas ki baat han" on geo tv......you will know....first he speaks truth by giving hard hitting facts then he starts his play...i have watched this man many times and i have no doubt about him.....

Now see what he is talking about a genuine patriot Imran khan...

This guy is a traitor and a liberal racist he's only working for his masters and never support Pakistan infact he makes us look bad and present us as a danger to the whole world he's only here to defame Islam and Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom