What's new

N-capable sub-launched missile operationalised, India in select triad club

Just like how a lot of Pakistanis don't care? And have such an awesome presence at AIAA or other reputed international aerospace conferences?
Aw, diverting the conversation to the irrelevant research bullcrap already? Tch tch.
You're the classic example of somebody trying to save a person's life and you chime in saying "but do you know, that the human body has 206 bones?"

Look my friend, I don't know what you do, or what your experience is, but you're mixing two very different guidance schemes into one. First you claimed that Babur can be fired without having to interface it with CMS and to support your argument you showed me a thread where a guy was merely elaborating how it is done. The guy was explaining one strategy used by certain anti ship cruise missiles the gist of which is captured in PN guidance scheme. And I agree, that scheme is what the Soviets used for most of their AshCMs. Now you again reverted back in your comments saying that it needs it's launch point and the desired way points. I wonder how come first you claimed that it is launched in a general direction and then guided by an external aircraft(PN guidance) and then reverted back to saying that "all it needs is it's launching position and set of desired way points" which is essentially a form of spatial guidance.
Perhaps you have comprehension issues, which is understandable. Here's what I said, again. Try reading it slowly.
Nope, you don't. CMS can be bypassed, with another way just like the one discussed above. Sadly nobody is at liberty to describe that to you. But of course you understand that, since you're in a "similar" situation.
Don't push your pea brain too hard by going into details that don't even matter here.

I pray, you realize both these schemes are as different from each other as chalk is from cheese? For first one you use something known as proportional guidance(PN) wherein you control the lateral acceleration of the missile by actuating the control surfaces(in order to drive line of sight angle constant all the time). In the second guidance scheme- like let's say lookahead guidance scheme, requiring a set of way points, you need to control the Euler angles that result from the deviation from defined way points.
Irrelevant jargon. You indeed are on Mount Stupid. Actually the mistake is mine, should've stuck with memes while replying to you.
79oy5.jpg

Now your missile can either use PN guidance or some sort of spatial guidance(lookahead etc) and not both. And in former case you don't have to necessarily integrate it with the combat management system as the guidance commands will be relayed to it in flight from an external platform. In latter though, you need to tell the missile what it's launch coordinates are and the set of desired way points leading upto the target and for that you do need to interface it with the CMS. I just hope you're not assuming that every missile is programmed externally prior to sliding it in the tube? The only ways I can think of without having to resort to CMS of sub is-
1) when it is launched in a general direction and guidance commands are relayed to by an external aircraft.
Kindly first search how it is done , convince yourself of how it is actually implemented and challenges associated with each of these strategies and we'll talk. Thanks!

This was your statement 2 days ago:
Yeah of course, unless and until French are not actively involved in (1) Modifying, (2) Certifying the source code of CMS of Agosta-90B, not even Chinese can mount their cruise missiles on French submarine.
I do know about what I'm saying here.
And now you agree that there is at least 1 way of bypassing CMS. Its evident that who needs to "research" how its done (maybe publish a paper or two while you're at it). Accept that you don't know what you're talking about so confidently. Accept that you were wrong.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom