What's new

Myanmar looks to buy Chinese SY-400 ballistic missile systems

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

SY-400 ballistic missile system
The Myanmar Army is to acquire China-made SY-400 short-range precision-attack ballistic missile systems.

China official calling SY-400 missile system as a guided artillery rocket system, hence it is not limited by 300 km range export restrictions.

The SY-400 system in standard configuration has eight containers with solid fuel missiles. Missiles are factory-fitted into these containers and can be stored for years and do not require additional maintenance. Missiles are launched vertically and have a range of about 400 km. The SY-400 can use different types of warheads.

The surface-to-surface missile system, equipped with BP-12A surface-to-surface missile and SY-400 rocket projectile, can pierce through eight targets at the same time, which is much more preciser and powerful than normal artillery. It’s firing range is almost a dozen longer than that of the artillery.

“The rocket projectile is capable of conducting intensive firing in a relatively large area, but the surface-to-surface missile can hit precisely the targets with high value. A dual shooting, which combines the advantages of the two weapons, will improve the efficiency of the new missile system,” said Tang Kehui, missile expert, the China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation.

In addition to its powerful firing, the new missile system also has another feature: flexibility. Each missile vehicle can both shoot and retreat in a short time.

Missiles are fitted with GPS/INS guidance system. They are steered to the intended target in the initial flight phase by four control surfaces and stabilizing fins. Missile uses low lowering rate to extend the range. Multiple missiles can be aimed at different targets.

BxZ6MJMCEAAoIq0.jpg
BxZ6MEECIAARu7x.jpg
BxZ6MJKCMAAkPf0.jpg

http://defence-blog.com/news/myanmar-looks-to-buy-chinese-sy-400-ballistic-missile-systems.html

Why does Myanmar need such system?
1st target chittagong air force base + chittagong port.
2nd target will be some administrative building + bridge.

May be it's a counter to recent Bangladesh military gear acquisitions.

Shouldn't get dragged into a race

Undeniable point
we have a mantality that if our enemy go for something new then we will go for it too but little bit more advance verson....... welcome to the arms race. :coffee:

National defence I guess. Or incase Bangladesh gets a bit too much edgy.
Myanmar is not enemy of Bangladesh and we have no reason to be hostile.There is no border dispute either at land or sea.Rohingya problem is a minor one and there is no chance of clash between two countries for this problem.Afterall,there are only 1 million Rohingya in Burma in a country of 55 million people.Once Rohingya get citizenship of Myanmar,Bangladesh and Myanmar will brcome best friend.
we have a mantality that if our enemy go for something new then we will go for it too but little bit more advance verson....... welcome to the arms race. :coffee:
There is no arm race between Myanmar and Bangladesh.Our defence procurement is not against Myanmar or any specific country.We will not engage any fancy,stupid,laughable so called 'arm race' with Myanmar

Last edited:
Myanmar is not enemy of Bangladesh and we have no reason to be hostile.There is no border dispute either at land or sea.Rohingya problem is a minor one and there is no chance of clash between two countries for this problem.Afterall,there are only 1 million Rohingya in Burma in a country of 55 million people.Once Rohingya get citizenship of Myanmar,Bangladesh and Myanmar will brcome best friend.

There is no arm race between Myanmar and Bangladesh.Our defence procurement is not against Myanmar or any specific country.We should not lower our expectation and dignity by ingaging any fancy,stupid,laughable so called 'arm race' with a small nation like Myanmar.We are better than this.
if myanmar buy sy-400 Then the ans of this sy-400 system will come to BD ARMY,s (10th Artillery Brigade) artillery crops long rang weapons purchase (which i think is alrady in posassion)............probable within 2 years. :coffee:

Last edited:
Myanmar going to target kokang. China should not sell this to them.

There is no arm race between Myanmar and Bangladesh.Our defence procurement is not against Myanmar or any specific country.We should not lower our expectation and dignity by ingaging any fancy,stupid,laughable so called 'arm race' with a small nation like Myanmar.We are better than this.
I can see pride in your words.
But avoid naming any nation by word small

It is China which is the clear winner as it is supporting and selling weapons to both the parties.

It is China which is the clear winner as it is supporting and selling weapons to both the parties.
let me clear what i mean "welcome to the arms race" .
if some-one has bought 200 new MBT that does not mean we are buying 200 MBT too, we can buy 2000 ATGM.
AND as a common men my thought is simple, if my naibour has bought a hand-gun and he has a behaviour problem then i would like to buy my personal hand gun too.

Back
Top Bottom