What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

BRDM-2M spotted on the Yangon-Mandalay highway
FB_IMG_1580648719530.jpg

BRDM-2M spotted on the Yangon-Mandalay highway
View attachment 602943

It is BRDM 2MS upgraded with Electro Optical Devices.

Unlike the BRDM-2, the updated BRDM 2 MS has received an optical-electronic (OE) station in the rear part of the turret.

In the photo the OE turrets are covered with canvas. Can be seen clearly.

The OE turret comprises a stabilized panoramic infrared observation device that allows the vehicle’s commander to detect targets at a distance of up to 5 km by day and up to 3.5 km by night.

The second sighting system detects targets at a distance of up to 2.7 km by day and up to 1.5 km by night.

The scout car’s situation awareness system is built of six daylight TV cameras and four black-and-white multifunctional displays.

It is BRDM 2MS upgraded with Electro Optical Devices.

Unlike the BRDM-2, the updated BRDM 2 MS has received an optical-electronic (OE) station in the rear part of the turret.

In the photo the OE turrets are covered with canvas. Can be seen clearly.

The OE turret comprises a stabilized panoramic infrared observation device that allows the vehicle’s commander to detect targets at a distance of up to 5 km by day and up to 3.5 km by night.

The second sighting system detects targets at a distance of up to 2.7 km by day and up to 1.5 km by night.

The scout car’s situation awareness system is built of six daylight TV cameras and four black-and-white multifunctional displays.
I heard there are a total of 33 right now. I think its probably from russian storage.

I heard there are a total of 33 right now. I think its probably from russian storage.

Russian modified them in 2017 and Myanmar acquired in 2019.

About 50+. Currently 4 Reconnaissance Squadrons are operating BRDM 2MS. Each squadron basically composed of 14 scouts cars. So there will be about 56 cars in the inventory.

Russian modified them in 2017 and Myanmar acquired in 2019.

About 50+. Currently 4 Reconnaissance Squadrons are operating BRDM 2MS. Each squadron basically composed of 14 scouts cars. So there will be about 56 cars in the inventory.
Hope we could build them in Myanmar.

Back
Top Bottom