What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Well. we cant decide by see initial cost alone. there always have initial cost, operation cost , infrastructure cost, training cost and importantly maintenance cost. Su57 initial cost may be the same with Su-35. however, the other expenses will be not. another problem is our limited budget. with tiny 2.5 billion budget , how come we can operate 5 th gen fighters effectively by maintaining another huge fleet of 32 x MiG29 , 6 x JF-17 , 6 x Su-30 , 12 x yak-130 30++ x K-8. many other transport planes , many types of heli are not even counted. Guys, we need intensive training a lot when new type of hardware is inducted. Inducting advanced Su-57 will surely be nothing but financial crisis. In fact , we already have a strong AF within the region. Instead of 5th Gen Su-57, i would prefer new type of Subs and frigates for navy and good equipments for infantry.
@Aung Zaya You also forgot to tell that the tatmadaw placed an order for more SU 30 aircrafts and also the MAF bought additional JF 17 twin seater aircrafts.

There are some serious discussion whether to support Myanmar economically, politically and militarily to counter China. If things goes according to plan then Myanmar may be the beneficiary of the "counter china" policy.
Having said that F-16V Block 70 and NASAMS II cannot be ruled out for Myanmar. Currently, there will close monitoring and cooperation between Myanmar and the west. I'm assuming we put Rohingya issues on rest for now. It's over and forgotten.

Tavor is a high performing rifle. No doubt about that. The most important thing is Tavor is not a Russian junk.
May I ask you which country are you from brother? If you are from the USA then I have some discussions with you regarding American weapons especially the F16.

Well. we cant decide by see initial cost alone. there always have initial cost, operation cost , infrastructure cost, training cost and importantly maintenance cost. Su57 initial cost may be the same with Su-35. however, the other expenses will be not. another problem is our limited budget. with tiny 2.5 billion budget , how come we can operate 5 th gen fighters effectively by maintaining another huge fleet of 32 x MiG29 , 6 x JF-17 , 6 x Su-30 , 12 x yak-130 30++ x K-8. many other transport planes , many types of heli are not even counted. Guys, we need intensive training a lot when new type of hardware is inducted. Inducting advanced Su-57 will surely be nothing but financial crisis. In fact , we already have a strong AF within the region. Instead of 5th Gen Su-57, i would prefer new type of Subs and frigates for navy and good equipments for infantry.
Straight to the point.
Maintaining those expensive toys will be pain in the a** for us.
I would set up new basic military training facility with top notch training gadgets and upgrade all troops capabilities.
At the end of the day those troops are the backbone of our standard army dream.

There are some serious discussion whether to support Myanmar economically, politically and militarily to counter China. If things goes according to plan then Myanmar may be the beneficiary of the "counter china" policy.
Having said that F-16V Block 70 and NASAMS II cannot be ruled out for Myanmar. Currently, there will close monitoring and cooperation between Myanmar and the west. I'm assuming we put Rohingya issues on rest for now. It's over and forgotten.

Tavor is a high performing rifle. No doubt about that. The most important thing is Tavor is not a Russian junk.

i doubt Myanmar will get any military assistance from the US soon. At least not overt ones such as providing weapons. Prehaps covert training and such to counter China could be possible. The US need to justify that China is a big enough threat to their people and constitution that the Rohingya is an issue that they can ignore to start providing overt military assistance like they did to Afghanistan.

Straight to the point.
Maintaining those expensive toys will be pain in the a** for us.
I would set up new basic military training facility with top notch training gadgets and upgrade all troops capabilities.
At the end of the day those troops are the backbone of our standard army dream.
true. bro we should save those money for infantry. Even a few hundreds million dollars can fulfill our every infantry man's dreams.

@Aung Zaya Myanmar does not have a strong air force in the region yet. Third generation Chinese jets Chengdu J 7 and Nanchang A 5 form most of your air crafts. MAF will become a big air force in entire ASEAN if they buy Su 57.

Also I believe the military leaders of the tatmadaw especially Senior General Min Aung Hlaing are smart enough and knows what they are doing. So relax.

Aside from 5th gen rumors, are Pakis still supplying us for JF17 and the parts? I read somewhere that the deal had been broken for some reason.

And I think we have 6 in the inventory now?4 single seats and 2 twin seats if I’m not mistaken.

Aside from 5th gen rumors, are Pakis still supplying us for JF17 and the parts? I read somewhere that the deal had been broken for some reason.

And I think we have 6 in the inventory now?4 single seats and 2 twin seats if I’m not mistaken.
upload_2019-10-9_21-52-29.jpeg

China will.

How is your relationship with Turkey, Sweden, Australia and South Korea? Political and Military wise?

Back
Top Bottom