What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

same article from Yahoo news.....

https://news.yahoo.com/attention-asia-more-russian-su-080000321.html

Is MAF seriously looking for SU-57 .....???
I don't know why are many members telling that SU57 would be an overkill for MAF? SU30 and SU57 are almost similar in terms of pricing. SU30's unit cost is 37 million while SU57's unit cost is 42 million.

Also I don't believe the MAF is buying SU57 just for show as @Aung Zaya mentioned. You never know when these baby's are needed. Myanmar is surrounded by hostile nations and internationally too it is receiving hostility especially from USA and the west.

If you don't want your country to become another Yugoslavia or Soviet Union then you must have a powerful conventional army.

Myanmar must have a strong conventional army. People who say that Myanmar buying Su 57 would be an overkill and Myanmar do not need to spend a lot on military don't know the geopolitical position of Myanmar.

Myanmar, like North Korea and Pakistan must have a strong army otherwise there is a high chance that it would disintegrate just like Soviet Union and Yugoslavia.

Of course the economy, healthcare, education and infrastructure should also be developed and that's why I'm not advocating Myanmar to make nuclear weapons. Myanmar is now an open country and with increased FDI and wise military spending, the country can improve economy, healthcare, education while having a good conventional force.

There are some serious discussion whether to support Myanmar economically, politically and militarily to counter China. If things goes according to plan then Myanmar may be the beneficiary of the "counter china" policy.
Having said that F-16V Block 70 and NASAMS II cannot be ruled out for Myanmar. Currently, there will close monitoring and cooperation between Myanmar and the west. I'm assuming we put Rohingya issues on rest for now. It's over and forgotten.

Yeah that's what i was thinking about.
Pretty similar look but not sure about the performance.
Tavor is a high performing rifle. No doubt about that. The most important thing is Tavor is not a Russian junk.

Imagine officially seeing tavor in our troops hand. Poor isreal will suffer media attack by those 'Isreal/burmese hating' medias. When we first received the first batch of super dvora boats, those aljazeera, bbc type of autictics go full retard as though we just bought a nuclear weapon lol. The whole new era of autism we are living in.

Imagine officially seeing tavor in our troops hand. Poor isreal will suffer media attack by those 'Isreal/burmese hating' medias. When we first received the first batch of super dvora boats, those aljazeera, bbc type of autictics go full retard as though we just bought a nuclear weapon lol. The whole new era of autism we are living in.
Look I don't think there is an issue now. American has some different opinions but South China Sea situation changed a lot. America won't take sides on Bangladesh-Myanmar situation as long as America can stop or delay Chinese dominance in Bay of Bengal. Roads and Belts are totally BS. China is actually playing military game under the hood.

There are some serious discussion whether to support Myanmar economically, politically and militarily to counter China. If things goes according to plan then Myanmar may be the beneficiary of the "counter china" policy.
Having said that F-16V Block 70 and NASAMS II cannot be ruled out for Myanmar. Currently, there will close monitoring and cooperation between Myanmar and the west. I'm assuming we put Rohingya issues on rest for now. It's over and forgotten.

Tavor is a high performing rifle. No doubt about that. The most important thing is Tavor is not a Russian junk.
The rohingya issue is a lost cause. No one in Bangladesh gives two cents about the rohingya issue now. Bangladeshi citizens are more concerned about India and have lost interest in the rohingya crisis.

The rohingya issue is a lost cause. No one in Bangladesh gives two cents about the rohingya issue now. Bangladeshi citizens are more concerned about India and have lost interest in the rohingya crisis.
Globally no one has any interest on Rohingya. Syrian Conflict is on television 24x7. I doubt anyone care about Rohingya. The west is more concerned about Chinese influence than Rohingya. Bangladesh has to deal with Rohingya. Soon Rohingya will get Bangladeshi citizenship. We can put Rohingya to the rest.

I don't know why are many members telling that SU57 would be an overkill for MAF? SU30 and SU57 are almost similar in terms of pricing. SU30's unit cost is 37 million while SU57's unit cost is 42 million.

Also I don't believe the MAF is buying SU57 just for show as @Aung Zaya mentioned. You never know when these baby's are needed. Myanmar is surrounded by hostile nations and internationally too it is receiving hostility especially from USA and the west.

If you don't want your country to become another Yugoslavia or Soviet Union then you must have a powerful conventional army.

Well. we cant decide by see initial cost alone. there always have initial cost, operation cost , infrastructure cost, training cost and importantly maintenance cost. Su57 initial cost may be the same with Su-35. however, the other expenses will be not. another problem is our limited budget. with tiny 2.5 billion budget , how come we can operate 5 th gen fighters effectively by maintaining another huge fleet of 32 x MiG29 , 6 x JF-17 , 6 x Su-30 , 12 x yak-130 30++ x K-8. many other transport planes , many types of heli are not even counted. Guys, we need intensive training a lot when new type of hardware is inducted. Inducting advanced Su-57 will surely be nothing but financial crisis. In fact , we already have a strong AF within the region. Instead of 5th Gen Su-57, i would prefer new type of Subs and frigates for navy and good equipments for infantry.

Well. we cant decide by see initial cost alone. there always have initial cost, operation cost , infrastructure cost, training cost and importantly maintenance cost. Su57 initial cost may be the same with Su-35. however, the other expenses will be not. another problem is our limited budget. with tiny 2.5 billion budget , how come we can operate 5 th gen fighters effectively by maintaining another huge fleet of 32 x MiG29 , 6 x JF-17 , 6 x Su-30 , 12 x yak-130 30++ x K-8. many other transport planes , many types of heli are not even counted. Guys, we need intensive training a lot when new type of hardware is inducted. Inducting advanced Su-57 will surely be nothing but financial crisis. In fact , we already have a strong AF within the region. Instead of 5th Gen Su-57, i would prefer new type of Subs and frigates for navy and good equipments for infantry.
Agreed.I think MAF can buy other cheap but effective 4th generation fighter jets like Chnegdu J-10C from China, SU 34 or JF 17 block 3 when it's made.

But the army and Navy also needs some attention. The fleet of tanks of the Myanmar ground forces should be restructured. Buy MBT3000 and T90 tanks and scrap some of the old Chinese tanks like T69.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom