What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Indonesia Offers Constructive Inputs to OIC

562456_620.jpg

TEMPO.CO
, Jakarta - Indonesia has offered constructive suggestions to members of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) for resolving the Rohingya Muslim minority crisis in Myanmar, Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi stated.

"(The focus is) how to build tolerance and harmony, as there is a horizontal conflict in Rakhine State. Trust has also to be built between the Muslim community and Buddhists. In this case, Indonesia will submit constructive suggestions to the OIC," Marsudi stated before the opening of the Special Session of the Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the OIC on the situation of the Rohingya Muslim community in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.

Marsudi affirmed that Indonesia has adopted a constructive approach, as it has already sent 10 containers of food and clothing to Myanmar.

"I will fly from Kuala Lumpur to Rangoon for a meeting. I will thereafter fly to the capital of Rakhine State where I will inaugurate two new schools built by the people of Indonesia," the minister revealed.

Marsudi said Indonesia already has six schools. The Indonesian schools are open not only to the Muslim community but also to the Hindu community.

"We are trying once again to help build tolerance and harmony at the grassroots level to affirm that the difference is no issue," she stated.

Marsudi said her side has also followed up on the Senior Officials Meeting on Thursday morning.

"During a meeting with several foreign ministers and heads of delegations, I also met OIC Secretary General Dr Yousef Bin Ahmad Al-Othaimeen, and they more or less agreed to the constructive approach to resolve the Rohingya issue, and they expect a lot from Indonesia, which is already playing such a major role in resolving issues in Rakhine State," she stated.

Marsudi confirmed that the results of the OIC meeting will be delivered to Myanmar, and Indonesia will seek to play the role of a mediator to anyone in need, as it had taken several initiatives in Myanmar.

"We are ready to assist the Muslim community and help Myanmar resolve the problem. Hence, in addition to offering humanitarian aid, we have to convey to Myanmar to develop cooperation in the areas of police training, sharing our military experience with the Myanmar military, and promoting inter-faith dialogue. I have spoken to the minister of the United Arab Emirates to discuss this issue," the Indonesian foreign minister stated.

Marsudi said the issue of Rohingya refugees crossing into Bangladesh had been discussed when the envoy of Myanmar had visited Bangladesh.

"The sending of a special envoy was also a follow-up to the results of my meeting with Aung San Su Kyi. Thereafter, I flew to Bangladesh. I also conveyed whether it is possible for Myanmar to send a special envoy to hold discussions with Bangladesh. Eventually, the state councilor was sent to Dhaka to discuss the refugee issue," she noted.

What makes us happy is that they could communicate to manage border-related issues between the two countries, she added.
really appreciated Indonesia's effort upon Myanmar. :cheers:
suggestions with good will should be like this.. it's a lot better than Malaysia Najib's aggressive words..

"We are ready to assist the Muslim community and help Myanmar resolve the problem. Hence, in addition to offering humanitarian aid, we have to convey to Myanmar to develop cooperation in the areas of police training, sharing our military experience with the Myanmar military, and promoting inter-faith dialogue. I have spoken to the minister of the United Arab Emirates to discuss this issue," the Indonesian foreign minister stated.
this is nice.. :smitten:

If I remembered correctly, Thai sources claimed that Burmese F-7 were in Israel receiving upgrades, the A-5 were in so bad a shape that barely any of them can fly. However, they did report Super Galeb strafing Thai forces.

We also handed out a lot of medals as well. Myanmar's deployment of T-72S to the area worried command and that lead to the purchase of 11 Oplot-T and 140 VT-4 to complement the old Pattons. MiG-29 lead Thailand to purchase more and modernize the current F-16 fleet.

140 VT-4? wasn't 49 only ???

TB27d7ZpXXXXXXGXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!195235561.jpg

TB247pnppXXXXbbXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!195235561.jpg

TB2BgBmppXXXXaRXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!195235561.jpg

TB2y5Z9pXXXXXXPXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!195235561.jpg

Last edited:
Can't you get sophiscated MPA instead of converted civil birdies?

Kira.
Apart from the US and its allies, most of other countries use converted MPA aircrafts.
Converting ATR 42s into MPAs with the help of Israel is the only best option we have.
Converted ATR 42 MPAs are much better than Do 228.
Israel has many experience in converting civilian ones into MPA by installing their state of the art ELM- 2022 ES MPA suite.
ELM- 2022 ES Airborne Maritime Surveillance AESA RADAR of Israeli ELTA Systems Ltd is quite a sophisticated one.
Our ATR 42 MPAs with ELM-2022ES radar are force-multiplier for operational missions in the maritime theater such as:
  1. Maritime Surveillance and EEZ Patrol
  2. Law Enforcement and Fishery Protection
  3. Search and Rescue Location and Support
  4. Air-to-Air Surveillance
  5. Air-to-Ground Surveillance.

There are very few dedicated maritime patrol craft. What matters is the avionics suite. Outside of that you just need a plane.

Infact, our incumbent Islanders are closer to being pure MPAs.

Can't you get sophiscated MPA instead of converted civil birdies?
Kira.
ELM- 2022 ES MPA suite itself is sophiscated and one of the best in its class.. :D

ELM- 2022 ES Airborne Maritime Surveillance AESA RADAR

The ELM-2022ES is a modern X-Band Multi-mode airborne maritime surveillance radar incorporating Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) technology and advanced features derived from the extensive operational experience of the ELM-2022 radar family.
The ELM-2022ES features high redundancy, graceful degradation, high-reliability and high mission availability.

Main Features
  • AESA technology for high probability of target interception, high availability and graceful degradation
  • Digital beam forming
  • Long-range maritime surveillance, up to 200 nm (large targets detected up to the horizon)
  • Detection of small targets in various sea states
  • Range profile, ISAR and CSAR classification modes
  • Strip and Spot Synthetic Aperture (SAR) imaging and GMTI as ISR support to ground operation
  • Navigation and weather modes
  • Integrated IFF/AIS system
  • Air-to-Air mode
  • ECCM capabilities

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom