What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

T14-Armata would be entering serial production next year and has been field tested in Syria.

Initial cost would be $3.7 million per unit.

In comparison the VT4/MBT300 costs $3 million per unit and the T90S costs $3.5 million per unit.

this is considering that arms embargoes are still in place.

what do u guys think? Should we buy the T14 armata considering it’s price?

T14-Armata would be entering serial production next year and has been field tested in Syria.

In comparison the VT4/MBT300 costs $3 million per unit and the T90S costs $3.5 million per unit.

this is considering that arms embargoes are still in place.

what do u guys think? Should we buy the T14 armata considering it’s price?
the T 14 are being produced at snail speed. even the Russians are getting enough.
It would be batter to get the VT 4 or T90

I don't think they can afford it. Besides, there have been rumors of Myanmar ordering it since late last year on Burmese sites. and this deal was signed early this year which line with Xi Jinping's visit to Myanmar. I don't think we will be getting any more JF 17 after all 16 have arrived so this is the next logical jet to get beside the J10.

Last edited:
At first glance it looks pretty solid, I'd give 6/10 off the bat.

To gain more points, I would need to look inside and see what the bolt mechanism, seer quality etc....and the reliabilities of these under stress test.

If its basically Russian influenced/design (AK-12 etc) all the way, it will be solid 8/10 from me.

What chamber has Burma chosen for these bro?

the gun is a bit heavy (4 kg). Apart from this, there is no other problems.

NHS staff have been told 140,000 gowns arrived from Myanmar today - as hospitals fear they are running out.

Myanmar started to export PPE.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11439741/nhs-ppe-140k-gowns-myanmar-coronavirus/

Driver killed in WHO vehicle carrying virus swabs in Myanmar's Rakhine

(Reuters) - A World Health Organization vehicle carrying swabs from patients to be tested for coronavirus came under gunfire in Myanmar’s western Rakhine state and the driver was killed, the United Nations said on Tuesday.

It did not say who carried out the attack in a region where fighting between the army and Arakan Army insurgents has intensified despite global calls for a ceasefire over the pandemic that killed five and caused 119 infections in Myanmar.

The driver, Pyae Sone Win Maung, had died in the state’s Minbya township on Monday, the United Nations office in Myanmar said in a Facebook post.

“The WHO colleague was driving a marked UN vehicle from Sittwe to Yangon, transporting COVID19 surveillance samples in support of the Ministry of Health and Sports,” it added.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-myanmar-rakhine/driver-killed-in-who-vehicle-carrying-virus-swabs-in-myanmars-rakhine-idUSKBN22315L?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Reuters/worldNews+(Reuters+World+News)

Sad.

the T 14 are being produced at snail speed. even the Russians are getting enough.

I don't think they can afford it. Besides, there have been rumors of Myanmar ordering it since late last year on Burmese sites. and this deal was signed early this year which line with Xi Jinping's visit to Myanmar. I don't think we will be getting any more JF 17 after all 16 have arrived so this is the next logical jet to get beside the J10.

It's Cambodia, they don't need to paid it as Chinese is Cambodia biggest arms donor

If Myanmar gets T14 Armata then it will be the most advanced tank in Asia.... such a beast....

Driver killed in WHO vehicle carrying virus swabs in Myanmar's Rakhine

(Reuters) - A World Health Organization vehicle carrying swabs from patients to be tested for coronavirus came under gunfire in Myanmar’s western Rakhine state and the driver was killed, the United Nations said on Tuesday.

It did not say who carried out the attack in a region where fighting between the army and Arakan Army insurgents has intensified despite global calls for a ceasefire over the pandemic that killed five and caused 119 infections in Myanmar.

The driver, Pyae Sone Win Maung, had died in the state’s Minbya township on Monday, the United Nations office in Myanmar said in a Facebook post.

“The WHO colleague was driving a marked UN vehicle from Sittwe to Yangon, transporting COVID19 surveillance samples in support of the Ministry of Health and Sports,” it added.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-myanmar-rakhine/driver-killed-in-who-vehicle-carrying-virus-swabs-in-myanmars-rakhine-idUSKBN22315L?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Reuters/worldNews+(Reuters+World+News)

Sad.
RIP

It's Cambodia, they don't need to paid it as Chinese is Cambodia biggest arms donor
Exactly. Myanmar does not need that trainer/Light fighter. We have Yak 130 for trainer/ground attack , JF17 for light fighter jets role and Su30 for air superiority. Why should we buy that trainer/light figher?

https://www.armyrecognition.com/jan...made_vt4_main_battle_tanks_for_thai_army.html

According to the Bangkok Post, the Royal Thai Army is seeking the cabinet's approval for the purchase of 14 additional VT4 main battle tanks from China, at a cost of more than 2.3 billion baht (USD 73 million), an army source said. It will be the third batch of VT-4 tanks to be bought from NORINCO. Each tank costs about 167 million baht (USD 5.26 million), said the source.

Social distancing Myanmar market
FB_IMG_1587541332996.jpg
FB_IMG_1587541332996.jpg
FB_IMG_1587541324503.jpg
FB_IMG_1587541331048.jpg
FB_IMG_1587541329266.jpg
FB_IMG_1587541327783.jpg
FB_IMG_1587541326197.jpg

Back
Top Bottom