What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

To the Bamars the peoples and resources of the peripheral conquered states are for exploitation for the exclusive benefit of the ruling Bamars.

As a Buddhist country we Indians consider you burmese as our friends and brothers and wish for your well being.

Burma should start militarise their western border as rohingya terrorist are arming themselves,I am sure the first thing they would do to kill innocent Buddhists ....mayanmar should eradicate these vermin terrorists I am sure India would definetly support you.
Rohingyas are Arakanese Muslims. Whatever they are doing, they do in their country, Arakan. This has nothing to do with BD.

As a Buddhist country we Indians consider you burmese as our friends and brothers and wish for your well being.

Burma should start militarise their western border as rohingya terrorist are arming themselves,I am sure the first thing they would do to kill innocent Buddhists ....mayanmar should eradicate these vermin terrorists I am sure India would definetly support you.

:cheers::cheers: bro

yak-130 delivery has been started brother :D

yea.. i already known via BD defense forum.. it will assembled some parts in BD... congratz BD..!! :D

some Malaysian Investments..

Maybank officially launches Myanmar operations - Business News | The Star Online

Malaysian franchise industry making inroads in Myanmar | New Straits Times | Malaysia General Business Sports and Lifestyle News

==================================================================================

EU Myanmar Trade Development programme launched | Mizzima

Myanmar to get SL Agritech assistance | The Manila Times Online

10985279_771144529608186_1673775172398416492_o.jpg

9.jpg

Myanmar+Navy+49+meter+FAC-M+with+hull+number+(491).jpg

Myanmar Tourism Federation sets up rep office in Tokyo
October 7, 2015 by Thiha

THE Myanmar Tourism Federation (MTF) last week opened its second overseas representative office in Tokyo, following the launch of the first one in the US earlier this year.

“MTF now has a mutual agreement with the Japanese Public Diplomacy Association (PDA) with an aim to encourage the growth of Japanese travellers to Myanmar,” said Sai Kyaw Ohn, deputy minister at the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism Myanmar.

Phyoe Wai Yar Zar, joint secretary general at MTF and chairman of Myanmar Tourism Marketing, added: “By opening this office in Tokyo, we will promote destination Myanmar through PDA’s services.”

The move to attract more Japanese tourists to Myanmar is derived from MTF’s goal to support sustainable, long-term growth by attracting high-value, low-impact travellers.

“Japanese tourist arrivals are currently at 58,527 with a growth rate of 12 per cent so far this year. This means approximately US$1.8 billion of direct tourism income,” said Sai Kyaw Ohn.

According to MTF figures, international tourist arrivals from January to August this year reached nearly three million, a 50 per cent growth over the same period last year.

Source: TTG Asia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bell Helicopters to Fly Over Myanmar | Myanmar Business Today

Angry Jamati jealous that Burma is bigger, more resource rich and much lower population density than his overpopulated about to be flooded delta swamp.

This is why this fool wants a "greater" Bangladesh if you look at his proposterous theories of N.E India and "Indian occupied Bengal" being integrated into Bangladesh.

Laughing at his desperate, delusional statements is the absolute best thing to do...and also the constant stream of pictures and developments of Burma. Well done @Aung Zaya.

Keep reminding this idiot @asad71 of the reality of the situation. :P

@asad71...!!?? let him shout what he want.. bro.. i also response just with a laugh whenever he post something idiotic here.. LOL :cheers::cheers:

Myanmar Armed Forces Day-2.jpg

598729_478370062218969_801749236_n.jpg

527561_444764595579516_612776944_n.jpg

1464771_569687569753884_1382996925_n.jpg

1610070_649704728418834_2801112286495907449_n.jpg

11666054_840507959338509_5414483419407328321_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1150880_800340150021957_1347728533377975045_n.jpg
    1150880_800340150021957_1347728533377975045_n.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 25
MIC forecasts Mandalay foreign investment boom

IFC to finance $40m Myanmar-based gas turbine project

Keeping the FDI spigot flowing in Myanmar | Bangkok Post: news

Foreign investment projected at US$12 billion
p19.9.7.jpg

Zone A of the Thilawa Special Economic Zone, a focus of investment. (Photo-Phyo Wai)
The country’s foreign investment is projected at US$12 billion for this fiscal year, Dr Aung Tun Thet, presidential economic adviser, told the Myanmar Global Investment Forum in Nay Pyi Taw.

The Myanmar Investment Commission member said: “The country has the potential for a massive inflow of foreign investment. Last fiscal year’s total foreign investment amounted to US$8.1 billion. This year will see more investment. It may reach US$12 billion. We welcome non-traditional investment. We accept investment in the media and entertainment sectors.”

Foreign investment is expected to rise if the November 8 election is completed successfully.

Dr Aung Thura, CEO of the Thura Swiss research and consulting firm, said: “The current foreign investment is just what is permitted. But businesses are still unable to start. Investment is not in cash. Investors will start businesses if there is a healthy environment after the election.”

Pyae Wa Tun, CEO of Parami Energy Group of Companies, said: “Whichever party wins the election must deal with many issues. For instance, taxes cannot be fully collected on goods imported through the borders. We must tackle such issues. Civil service reform is needed. The country needs investment in human resources if it is going to catch up with other nations. We need to develop small- and medium-sized enterprises. These issues need to be tackled whatever party comes to power.”

Wow 8 billion FDI and 12 billion projected for this year.

Great job to Myanmar!

What are the major investments going on and which countries are the sources?

India, Burma, Thailand and China must further increase the connectivity between them by using Burma as the crossroads.

Some news to provide heartburn to @asad71 :enjoy: :

FDI in Bangladesh drops 4.74 percent in one year -
bdnews24.com

Last edited:
Wow 8 billion FDI and 12 billion projected for this year.

Great job to Myanmar!

What are the major investments going on and which countries are the sources?

India, Burma, Thailand and China must further increase the connectivity between them by using Burma as the crossroads.

Some news to provide heartburn to @asad71:enjoy: :

FDI in Bangladesh drops 4.74 percent in one year -
bdnews24.com

Thz.. bro :D

Singapore is top in list of investment with approx $2B for Q2 of this year followed by Netherland with $430M (up from $302 M for the whole year) , India with approx $300M ( up from $208M) , Japan with $150M ...

Myanmar also attracted the new investors even from loas , Samoa , Maritius , Republic of Marshall Island.. :D
China is surprisingly bottom of the list just with $53M but HK and Macau is top 6 and 8..

Hottest sectors are oil and gas , manufacturing and infrastructure..

Investments will see more from Thialand and Japan coz Dawei SEZ is also on track.. we also received over $500M via Thilawa SEZ which was inaugurated last 3 days.. :D

LOL.. :D bro dont tell anything..!!
The prime ministerial adviser Chowdhury is right..!! UNCTAD is wrong..!! :D

Thz.. bro :D

Singapore is top in list of investment with approx $2B for Q2 of this year followed by Netherland with $430M (up from $302 M for the whole year) , India with approx $300M ( up from $208M) , Japan with $150M ...

Myanmar also attracted the new investors even from loas , Samoa , Maritius , Republic of Marshall Island.. :D
China is surprisingly bottom of the list just with $53M but HK and Macau is top 6 and 8..

Hottest sectors are oil and gas , manufacturing and infrastructure..

Investments will see more from Thialand and Japan coz Dawei SEZ is also on track.. we also received over $500M via Thilawa SEZ which was inaugurated last 3 days.

Good good. I was half expecting China to be the biggest yearly investor (I think they are probably the biggest investor in accumulated amount).

Are relations between Myanmar and Thailand more improved now you feel? I remember back when I was in Singapore many years back and there was always some news story about the wary tension between the two countries.

India must invest more in Myanmar...but the trend is good now. I read that up to 2013 the total accumulated investment from India was something like 270 million USD into Myanmar....so now we are investing such amounts every year.

Myanmar must finally realise its unlocked potential! These will be exciting times for sure.

I was wondering looking at the UNCTAD info for Myanmar the figures seem off:

http://unctad.org/sections/dite_dir/docs/wir2015/wir15_fs_mm_en.pdf

Is this some difference in accounting or the figures from your article also include FII....or UNCTAD seems to classify greenfield investments seperately?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom