What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Good news are still coming in.
@Aung Zaya
Any hints about Y 9 in S'pore Air Show?
View attachment 452252

we need transport planes more and 5 of current Y-8 fleet is not enough to carry for operation. in my personal view, the Y-9 is the best fit for lacking spaces of our fleet.abundant of spare parts and low maintenance and facility cost as it inherent most parts of Y-8. there is also a rumour to buy Y-9 at 2016 but it's not solid yet. bro. so i wont be surprised if China and Myanmar announced the deal to buy Y-9 this year. :D
IMG_20180207_125807.jpg

we need transport planes more and 5 of current Y-8 fleet is not enough to carry for operation. in my personal view, the Y-9 is the best fit for lacking spaces of our fleet.abundant of spare parts and low maintenance and facility cost as it inherent most parts of Y-8. there is also a rumour to buy Y-9 at 2016 but it's not solid yet. bro. so i wont be surprised if China and Myanmar announced the deal to buy Y-9 this year. :D
View attachment 452290

I heard that Y 9 was already in the 2016-17 proposed budget. Unfortunately the budget was cut by 10%. So we had to postpone the planned acquisition.
After the crash of Y8F200, Y 9 is back on track again.

Indonesia's LPD ?
i'm sure that our C in C know weakness of our navy and he will try to get LPDs or LSTs in any possible ways within 5 years. may be after a couple of 135m frigates. but i dont have much hope for Indonesia's LPD due to sanction and current affairs. probably partner with China or Russia for local built.

i think we should go first to LSTs as LPDs are expensive for us and we dont have significant naval air wings to operate them fully functional. Constructing LST wont be difficult if we partner with China and we already experienced in building naval ships. having a couple of this will give us better logistic support to our remote islands.
a variant of type 72A would be good choice.
Type_072A-class_LST_911_TianZhuShan.jpg

I heard that Y 9 was already in the 2016-17 proposed budget. Unfortunately the budget was cut by 10%. So we had to postpone the planned acquisition.
After the crash of Y8F200, Y 9 is back on track again.
yes. i hope a deal of Y-9Es in this year. if we want our air borne units deployments during the operation effectively , we need more.only 5 is not enough.

Indonesia's LPD ?
No That is Singapore Landing Platform Helicopter (LPH) or Landing Helicopter Assault (LHA), we have own concept of this.

PT PAL Helicopter Carrier

Spesifikasi Helicopter Carrier PT PAL
– Length overall: 190 meter
– Length in waterline: 183,54 meter
– Breadth: 30,5 meter
– Depth Maximum: 24 meter
– Draught (full Load): 7 meter
– Displacement (full load): 35.000 tonnes
– Cruising Speed: 15,5 knots
– Range: 31.484 km pada kecepatan 15.5 knots

speclhdaq3.jpg
Helikopter-Carrier-Indonesia.jpg
Rotation-of-PICT1056.jpg
car3.JPG

star 50
Header%20bumn-Star%2050%20%283%29.jpg

comparing to the Singapore Endurance-160 class
bilde1.jpg

CFbXZr0UsAAAG7U.jpg

No That is Singapore Landing Platform Helicopter (LPH) or Landing Helicopter Assault (LHA), we have own concept of this.

PT PAL Helicopter Carrier

Spesifikasi Helicopter Carrier PT PAL
– Length overall: 190 meter
– Length in waterline: 183,54 meter
– Breadth: 30,5 meter
– Depth Maximum: 24 meter
– Draught (full Load): 7 meter
– Displacement (full load): 35.000 tonnes
– Cruising Speed: 15,5 knots
– Range: 31.484 km pada kecepatan 15.5 knots

speclhdaq3.jpg
Helikopter-Carrier-Indonesia.jpg
Rotation-of-PICT1056.jpg
car3.JPG

star 50
Header%20bumn-Star%2050%20%283%29.jpg

comparing to the Singapore Endurance-160 class
bilde1.jpg

CFbXZr0UsAAAG7U.jpg
wow.when that LPH project will start or it's on-going project ? bro
it look nice.
lph-image02.jpg

i think indonesia is the only country who can balance on both military and economy in ASEAN.

SUOkez9.jpg

ASW Package for Vietnam and Myanmar
look nice.!! bro
what is LWTTL ?

Dont know yet. But according media release information about projection navy procurement armament in 2023. Indonesian navy should have at least 4 LPH/LHD, 4 destroyer, and 26 frigate. LPH class will be named after the great maritime kingdom of Indonesia in past, such as Majapahit class or sriwijaya class etc

5Ranjau-Heli.gif
Grafik_B.png

https://interaktif.kompas.id/armada_tni_al

The PT.Pal LPH, still lack of amphibiuos capability compare to Singapore LPH design... PT.Pal LPH concept cannot deploy amphibious vehicle that LPD has.

Last edited:
at least 4 LPH/LHD, 4 destroyer, and 26 frigate
Highly unlikely
Ngimpinya ketinggian banget
In the next 5 years i dont think that indonesia will have LPH/LHD but we can expect a few number of new lpd, no destroyer, 2 or 3 frigate and 1- 2 new subs
maybe myanmar want to become launch costumer for the PAL LPH?;)
or just LHD/LST

But according media release information about projection navy procurement armament in 2023. Indonesian navy should have at least 4 LPH/LHD, 4 destroyer, and 26 frigate.
Thanks to steady growth of Indonesia's economy and strong defence industries ,
Indo can get them within next decade.
The PT.Pal LPH, still lack of amphibiuos capability compare to Singapore LPH design... PT.Pal LPH concept cannot deploy amphibious vehicle that LPD has.
i think PT PAL focus on maritime strike more as they also have many LPDs which can deploy amphibious force. PT PAL design can carry more helis ( 6 units onboard and 10 in hunger ) while SG design have only 5.

Highly unlikely
Ngimpinya ketinggian banget
In the next 5 years i dont think that indonesia will have LPH/LHD but we can expect a few number of new lpd, no destroyer, 2 or 3 frigate and 1- 2 new subs
maybe myanmar want to become launch costumer for the PAL LPH?;)
or just LHD/LST
i'm sure Myanmar wanted PT PAL's LPD since 2 years ago. we can not move forward due to sanction. as soon as sanction is lifted Myanmar will become second operator of PT PAL's LPD after Philippine. bro :D

Back
Top Bottom