What's new

Myanmar as an emerging military power

I heard most of Myanmar's armed forces are volunteers is it true bro?

Myanmar air force Q-5s
Q-5.jpg

absolutely not...!!

No bro. Volunteer army is right. They joined of their free will.

Who are they?

If you look at their patches, they are some random rebel army. Probably run by some ethnic drug lord who rounds up and abducts men and boys to fight against the Burmese. I feel sorry for them. One thing the Tatmadaw is not short of is men who are willing to join. For the average villager, the army life is a stable paycheck.

But hey. It's always nice to see a bongo make an *** of himself.

*Edit Their patch says UWSA or Unite Wa State Army. A bunch of ethnic Chinese that used to be supported by China back in the communist days. According to you bongos, the Burmese are supposed to be afraid of them.

I heard most of Myanmar's armed forces are volunteers is it true bro?

Myanmar air force Q-5s
View attachment 276118
Yeah. It is a volunteer army. There has never been conscription in post-war Myanmar though there used to be forced coercion back in the day for porters. I don't know if that practice is still happening but the troops themselves have always been volunteers.

Last edited:

Jazzy video of our paratroopers jumping from a Mi-17.

Looking good and professional!

I would love to see a major Indo-Burmese exercise/exchange between the special forces of both and also just regular forces too :D.

Looking good and professional!

I would love to see a major Indo-Burmese exercise/exchange between the special forces of both and also just regular forces too :D.

India should start building outpost inside Myanmar territory so that next time you send your commando for surgical operation will not fire at bush but at actual human being. Also it will boost your soldiers morale and should actually get down the helis and do some work instead of photo shooting after the operation. Like how Aaaameriica and Israel the boss do (pls take note from Zee News anchors).

India should start building outpost inside Myanmar territory so that next time you send your commando for surgical operation will not fire at bush but at actual human being. Also it will boost your soldiers morale and should actually get down the helis and do some work instead of photo shooting after the operation. Like how Aaaameriica and Israel the boss do (pls take note from Zee News anchors).

OT, but I got to ask this. Do you have any achievement to share of your country's military?

Back
Top Bottom