What's new

Myanmar as an emerging military power

I think Myanmar land and naval forces are stronger than Thailand. Thailand is stronger than Myanmar in the air force department. However, if Myanmar has the Buk and Tor missile systems to go along with the Pechora 2M, Myanmar will easily neutralize Thailand's airforce. Hence, I will rank Myanmar military to be stronger than Thailand.

1010555_509323069187128_659100251_n.jpg
1149065_628833843839256_1390204726_n_3.jpg

MBT 2000 of Myanmar Army.

Nice probably from some rich elite in the country. (everyone has them) :enjoy:

It's a bigstep forward for Burma. Before even the wife of Myanmar's top generals when visited Indonesia to go shopping they just go to a convenience store & they paid using currency from the 60s. :rofl:

LOL.. :D Again.. Hay, bro.. Could I give u 1 suggestion..? If ur general spend much money for himself when they go abroad.. Don't talk to another.. It make ur General get trouble.. :D

Spending too much money by a general is not to proud.. Our general's wife went to convenience store fro shopping and paid for what she buy that she can afford... It show they are loyal to our country..

As for ur talk, u mean ur General can spend much money... ??
Ohh I see.. That's why.. BD has only aging MiG-29 while Myanmar has at least 36.. Although BD has greater GDP..
hay Bro.. Do u think it is strange in the case of " 800 million for 24 Yak-130 ".. I think Ur PM may worth million dollars from this buying.. :D

LOL.. :D Again.. Hay, bro.. Could I give u 1 suggestion..? If ur general spend much money for himself when they go abroad.. Don't talk to another.. It make ur General get trouble.. :D

Spending too much money by a general is not to proud.. Our general's wife went to convenience store fro shopping and paid for what she buy that she can afford... It show they are loyal to our country..

As for ur talk, u mean ur General can spend much money... ??
Ohh I see.. That's why.. BD has only aging MiG-29 while Myanmar has at least 36.. Although BD has greater GDP..
hay Bro.. Do u think it is strange in the case of " 800 million for 24 Yak-130 ".. I think Ur PM may worth million dollars from this buying.. :D

General are suppose to be rich by trade like Doctors or Lawyers. LOL you should see the General wives they visit a convenience store while wearing expensive dresses like they're going to a party & what makes it even more funnier is that they paid using currency from the 60s. The whole store burst out laughing.:rofl:

Don't Myanmar even have convenience store back home?

General are suppose to be rich by trade like Doctors or Lawyers. LOL you should see the General wives they visit a convenience store while wearing expensive dresses like they're going to a party & what makes it even more funnier is that they paid using currency from the 60s. The whole store burst out laughing.:rofl:

:offtopic:
Off topic.
So do not troll here.
This thread is just for sharing military knowledge.
We also know about your leaders too. Your ex-president General Suharto is ranked 1 among the world most corrupted leaders. Transparency International placed him at the top of the corruption table. He stole 35 bn $ during his reign.:omghaha:
Different countries may have different weaknesses.
However our countries have very good relationship since 1960s.
So I request both of you to stop off topic and trolling.:cheers:

@Aung Zaya @Reashot Xigwin

Where is the point u laugh..? Going convenience store with expansive dress is funny..? :/ BTW Do u mean ur general do business.. ? A big Lol.. They can not focus only on military and defence.. ? Can they do business for himself while they are in service..? If so , BD has great generals.. Congratz BD.. :D

Off topic.
So do not troll here.
We also know about your leaders too. Your ex-president is ranked 1 among the world most corrupted leaders. Transparency International placed him at the top of the corruption table. He stole 35 bn $ during his reign.:omghaha:

Ok.. Bro.. :D they make me a big laugh.. He he..

1012899_678386988870126_1434142412_n.jpg
1465217_678387188870106_6797102_n.jpg
1947685_628818200507487_876252992_n.jpg
1527015_678381295537362_554195788_n.jpg
1920590_611036955655950_775635155_n.jpg

Exercise Sea Shield 2014: Myanmar Naval exercise in the Bay of Bengal

Myanmar Navy has just conducted a joint naval exercise codenamed "Exercise Sea Sield 2014. The exercise completed in 22 March 2014 through various activities, including launching of surface to surface missiles and surface to air missiles, Rocket Depth Charge (RDC), surface firing and naval commando assault, in the Bay of Bengal.
The naval exercise is conducted as the continuation of the Exercise Anaw Ya Htar, an exercise jointly carried out by the Army and Air Force in the Feb near central strategic town of Meik Hti Lar.
Army chief Senior General Min Aung Hlaing and other high officials watched the exercise. The Navy organises the exercise as part of strengthening the naval capabilities in sea warfare. The naval exercise was held with a view to protecting the country’s maritime boundary and off shore resources
Surface to surface missiles were launcged from the frigates F 11, F 21, F 23 and F 771 and for the first time that the F 11 launched surface to air missiles to the target drone.
20 warships including three frigates, two light frigates, six FACs (Missile) and other smaller vassels participated in the exercise.
Two BN 2 Islander maritime patrol aircraft and an Eurocopter AS-365 also participated in the exercise.

Off topic.
So do not troll here.
We also know about your leaders too. Your ex-president General Suharto is ranked 1 among the world most corrupted leaders. Transparency International placed him at the top of the corruption table. He stole 35 bn $ during his reign.:omghaha:

Was is the key & I don't need to point out Myanmar Junta is even worse. To call them part of the human race is an insult to the human race.

Where is the point u laugh..? Going convenience store with expansive dress is funny..? :/ BTW Do u mean ur general do business.. ? A big Lol.. They can not focus only on military and defence.. ? Can they do business for himself while they are in service..? If so , BD has great generals.. Congratz BD.. :D

I'm Indonesian as in the reason why most of you can access the internet now & put you guys on the front news (for positive things this time) :D. Just parting a funny story about Myanmar upper echelon. Dude don't post another Buggati or fancy sport cars even I felt insulted. Okay I stop with the off-topic post now.

Last year BD army received new weapons .... NORA B 52 K1 or KI something, PF98 anti-tank missile , Metis-M1 ATGM, Cobra LAVs and sound ranging equipments... Here i have to say something ... NORA B 52 SP howitzer is a good artillery system but u may face some technical errors from that SP howitzer and you will find out the system is not stable while firing ... myanmar also purchased NORA B 52 system from Serbia and we found that it is not a good one... so we stopped buying those systems from Serbia.. and started purchasing SH1 from china ... I am not saying B52 is not good... it is a good one ... but the maximum range of B52 is 31 km .... if your country is able to purchase VLAPS round , you can fire 67 km ... i heard VLAP rounds are very expensive... SH1 can fire 52 km with HEERFBBB rounds .... And we have Soltam and KH179 towed howitzer having maximum range of 39 and 30 km respectively ... I haven't found any photos of MLRS from ur army.. if u have ..please post it .. just for knowledge ... And why ur govt is not upgrading ur artillery ... ur army received Only 18 of B 52s ... but a lot of ATGMs ... and PF98 .. I don't know why ... Cobra is the most impressive among those weapon that you received last year ... the worst purchasing is the sound ranging equipment.. I think sound ranging equipments are not useful in modern warfare... You have to put a lot of microphones behind enemy line ... and its a very complex system ... so i suggest u should stop buying these sound ranging equipments and ... should purchase more advanced counter battery radar ..

Last edited:
Last year BD army received new weapons .... NORA B 52 K1 or KI something, PF98 anti-tank missile , Metis-M1 ATGM, Cobra LAVs and sound ranging equipments... Here i have to say something ... NORA B 52 SP howitzer is a good artillery system but u may face some technical errors from that SP howitzer and you will find out the system is not stable while firing ... myanmar also purchased NORA B 52 system from Serbia and we found that it is not a good one... so we stopped buying those systems from Serbia.. and started purchasing SH1 from china ... I am not saying B52 is not good... it is a good one ... but the maximum range of B52 is 31 km .... if your country is able to purchase VLAPS round , you can fire 67 km ... i heard VLAP rounds are very expensive... SH1 can fire 52 km with HEERFBBB rounds .... And we have Soltam and KH179 towed howitzer having maximum range of 39 and 30 km respectively ... I haven't found any photos of MLRS from ur army.. if u have ..please post it .. just for knoeledge ... And why ur govt is not upgrading ur artillery ... ur army received Only 18 of B 52s ... but a lot of ATGMs ... and PF98 .. I don't know why ... Cobra is the most impressive among those weapon that you received last year ... the worst purchasing is the sound ranging equipment.. I think sound ranging equipments are not useful in modern warfare... You have to put a lot of microphones behind enemy line ... and its a very complex system ... so i suggest u should stop buying these sound ranging equipments and ... should purchase more advanced counter battery radar ..

BD do have some Type 81 MLRS. I've seen some photos of it. As far as I know, Cobra LAVs are inservice only in BD police and not in military units. If I am not wrong BD is also using few SLC counter battery radars. BD artillery units are not so impressive. They have almost no medium gun. 18 Nora B 52s are the only medium guns in BD inventory. Few 122 mm and 130 mm field guns are not sufficient for the division size operations.

BD do have some Type 81 MLRS. I've seen some photos of it. As far as I know, Cobra LAVs are inservice only in BD police and not in military units. If I am not wrong BD is also using few SLC counter battery radars. BD artillery units are not so impressive. They have almost no medium gun. 18 Nora B 52s are the only medium guns in BD inventory. Few 122 mm and 130 mm field guns are not sufficient for the division size operations.
Thanks bro! So you mean their artillery is not ready for a large scale conflict.. But if I am not wrong , BD is having PLZ 45 SP howitzer ... but i don't know how many they have ...
I've read one BD guy is saying MBT-2000 is 3rd generation MBT ... tell him it is 4th Gen MBT pls :)

Back
Top Bottom