What's new

My Laptop is unable to detect my mobile phones via Bluetooth: Please help

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
My Laptop is unable to detect my mobile phones via Bluetooth: Please help

Last week I brought a HP laptop, which is running on Windows XP Service pack 2 operating system. All features and functions were working very well, but one of the features, the inbuilt Bluetooth is not functioning along with my nokia mobile phones.

My mobile phones are Nokia E71 and Nokia 6120.

When I attempted to connect my mobile phones to the laptop via Bluetooth, it prompts me a message that the Bluetooth device is not detected.

So regarding this problem if you guys have any solution, please help me….

I am facing some problems in my office due to the lack of connectivity between my laptop and my mobile phones……..

did you check in the laptop specs that the particular model you bought has bluetooth?
laptop manufacturers do this oncregular basis....some.variants of same model will have certain features that other variants wont.

Are your sure the bluetooth is built into your laptop?

Check if the drivers are installed by checking in the device manager (from control panel)

Also, if you can, ask a friend and borrow a USB based bluetooth device and install that into your computer and then see if it can get the mobile phone to communicate.

I guess, you forgot to put your mobile's Bluetooth status to visible mode.

did you check in the laptop specs that the particular model you bought has bluetooth?
laptop manufacturers do this oncregular basis....some.variants of same model will have certain features that other variants wont.

Bluetooth is on in my laptop and in my mobile phones but it says - Bluetooth device is not detected

may be a matter of bad drivers then..
do you have "bluetooth soliel" on your lappy?
if not then google it..
there are paid and free versions available..
try websites like filestube.com...and you may find an older full version of the software..
try installing it and see if it solves the issue.

Are your sure the bluetooth is built into your laptop?
Yes...... bluetooth is on.......

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

do you have "bluetooth soliel" on your lappy?

Yes it is there........

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

I guess, you forgot to put your mobile's Bluetooth status to visible mode.

Bluetooth status already in visible mode.

and tried reinstalling drivers from manufacturer's website? or from the disks that came with the lappy?

Oh oops my bad. I remember I had the exact problem with my E72 and Windows7. Don't quite remember how I fixed the problem, but I think I had re-install Nokia PC suite. You can try that.

Back
Top Bottom