What's new

MUST WATCH: A ORIGINAL VIDEO THAT HAS BEEN MISUSED & MISQUOTED

Irfan Baloch

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
dear All

after the Slala post attack by the Americans, some shameless individual picked up this video below and removed the original commentary of the person who was recording the video and showed it as the Pakistani soldiers after the attack of the Americans. there was even a short clip of a cobra helicopter without any comments implying as if that was one of the helicopters that attacked these people.

the Western media questioned the authenticity of the video and most of them didnt air it but our media always keen to air the controversy without checking included this video in their news bulletin.
I cried foul the moment I saw it and contacted the shameless uploader to remove the video but he didnt. after that for a year I frantically searched for the following video and I requested other people to look for it as well and thankfully I found it and have downloaded it for future reference as well.

the shameless b@stard who faked this video and wrongfully linked it to Salala attack had his fake moments of fame but truth had to come out so I was compelled to keep looking.

I mean
when you watch the video you see that

1. the soldiers are on the ground not on the mountain tops
2. there are vehicles next to them.
3. the lone helicopter is distinctly cobra, not the apache.
4. the commentary was missing in the original video but there were enough clues for people to question the authenticity of the claim that this was from Salala attack.

following is the video in original form with commentary by an unknown soldier most likely a junior officer. who is filming the injured soldiers being attended by field medics after the convey was struck by a taliban ambush and Pak army gunship was sent to help fight off the taliban scum.

our private media is an extended arm of the forces that are busy spreading rumors, hopelessness and distress among the people, their own anchors and analysts are so smug that in their own talkshows they admit getting hefty salaries from their channels which are even bigger than the entire proceeds from adverts that channel gets. the names of such people are well known and this is not the thread to spoil it with their names.

in the end I must say that as usual ISPR was asleep and I never saw any press release from it to clarify that the above video was being misquoted and the people were being mislead.

Last edited by a moderator:
dear All

after the Slala post attack by the Americans, some shameless individual picked up this video below and removed the original commentary of the person who was recording the video and showed it as the Pakistani soldiers after the attack of the Americans. there was even a short clip of a cobra helicopter without any comments implying as if that was one of the helicopters that attacked these people.

the Western media questioned the authenticity of the video and most of them didnt air it but our media always keen to air the controversy without checking included this video in their news bulletin.
I cried foul the moment I saw it and contacted the shameless uploader to remove the video but he didnt. after that for a year I frantically searched for the following video and I requested other people to look for it as well and thankfully I found it and have downloaded it for future reference as well.

the shameless b@stard who faked this video and wrongfully linked it to Salala attack had his fake moments of fame but truth had to come out so I was compelled to keep looking.

I mean
when you watch the video you see that

1. the soldiers are on the ground not on the mountain tops
2. there are vehicles next to them.
3. the lone helicopter is distinctly cobra, not the apache.
4. the commentary was missing in the original video but there were enough clues for people to question the authenticity of the claim that this was from Salala attack.

following is the video in original form with commentary by an unknown soldier most likely a junior officer. who is filming the injured soldiers being attended by field medics after the convey was struck by a taliban ambush and Pak army gunship was sent to help fight off the taliban scum.

our private media is an extended arm of the forces that are busy spreading rumors, hopelessness and distress among the people, their own anchors and analysts are so smug that in their own talkshows they admit getting hefty salaries from their channels which are even bigger than the entire proceeds from adverts that channel gets. the names of such people are well known and this is not the thread to spoil it with their names.

in the end I must say that as usual ISPR was asleep and I never saw any press release from it to clarify that the above video was being misquoted and the people were being mislead.

i doubt anyone on pdf was mislead the video had been posted here before the salala attack, additional info (if memory serves me right) provided by members (now jr. TTs) was

1) Troops were ordered to move against intelligence
2) 'Whoever' ordered to move was promoted

I am sorry, both what you have written and what is shown is unclear .. all mixed up actually.

What is it that is trying to be said ?

I am sorry, both what you have written and what is shown is unclear .. all mixed up actually.

What is it that is trying to be said ?
this is an original video shot by a soldier after their convey came under taliban attack/ ambush. there was a fight and there were casualties. the fight before Salala base attack. but someone used the video removed the audio and showed it as footage from salala attack. our all private media channels used that fabrication by the uploader and believed that this was indeed from Salala. the penny never dropped for them when actual footage of burnt out mountain tops and destroyed post were shown.

some of us had seen this original video already so didnt fall for the fabrication, you can look it up in the web. this same video is being touted by someone as relating to Salala attack.

i doubt anyone on pdf was mislead the video had been posted here before the salala attack, additional info (if memory serves me right) provided by members (now jr. TTs) was

1) Troops were ordered to move against intelligence
2) 'Whoever' ordered to move was promoted

please explain the first point. didnt understand that

Sorry IB I didn't read your post, but I know the video.

This was taken in 2010 in some post in Waziristan where on the day of Eid, a large group of miscreants attacked the Pakistani post and you can see the rest for yourself. Cobras has to be called in to shift the pressure.

Yes it is shameless that kids had to take a video off internet, frame it in the perfect time and get popular.

This reminds me, although not on the issue in focus, I had posted a video few weeks back which was accidently taken off. I stick to what I always say, Mass-Media is a highly effective hence dangerous tool to propagate your agenda, especially when in the hand of immature kids or anyone with rather evil intentions.

this is an original video shot by a soldier after their convey came under taliban attack/ ambush. there was a fight and there were casualties. the fight before Salala base attack. but someone used the video removed the audio and showed it as footage from salala attack. our all private media channels used that fabrication by the uploader and believed that this was indeed from Salala. the penny never dropped for them when actual footage of burnt out mountain tops and destroyed post were shown.

some of us had seen this original video already so didnt fall for the fabrication, you can look it up in the web. this same video is being touted by someone as relating to Salala attack.

please explain the first point. didnt understand that

This video posted months before salala attack and we knew what this video was, during the discussion on that thread a learned senior moderator told Colonel who was leading the convoy and got killed in attack asked his Commanding officer of Brigadier or Major General Rank to reconsider his decision of moving such a large convoy from one camp to another on that day as strong intelligence indicates it will be attacked from mountain tops, so he advised to either delay the movement plan or provide them air support through cobra. Both request rejected by CO and ordered to do as it is they are told, attacked occured, cobra reached late when casualty rate hit 50+ but as the guy said in video they did manage to stop the the convoy from being butchered and after the whole fiasco, that CO instead of being court martialled for his negligence was promoted to Maj or LT.Gen rank

Both request rejected by CO and ordered to do as it is they are told, attacked occured, cobra reached late when casualty rate hit 50+ but as the guy said in video they did manage to stop the the convoy from being butchered and after the whole fiasco, that CO instead of being court martialled for his negligence was promoted to Maj or LT.Gen rank

right,
Taliban and other Pakistani enemies must be praying that such commanding officer becomes COAS.

This video posted months before salala attack and we knew what this video was, during the discussion on that thread a learned senior moderator told Colonel who was leading the convoy and got killed in attack asked his Commanding officer of Brigadier or Major General Rank to reconsider his decision of moving such a large convoy from one camp to another on that day as strong intelligence indicates it will be attacked from mountain tops, so he advised to either delay the movement plan or provide them air support through cobra. Both request rejected by CO and ordered to do as it is they are told, attacked occured, cobra reached late when casualty rate hit 50+ but as the guy said in video they did manage to stop the the convoy from being butchered and after the whole fiasco, that CO instead of being court martialled for his negligence was promoted to Maj or LT.Gen rank

First,

This could be possible, maybe since I don't know any knowledge of what you wrote. If true, then this was very serious security negligence with the blame being at the CO. Hope this serves as lesson to why Intelligence Intercepts must be taken into serious consideration.

Second,

Are you sure the CO was given a promotion? Can you give further details in a PM on this, like naming the Colonel or the CO?

sorry for the incomplete info only remembered so much...thanks mafiya i am sure the old thread(if it still exists) had more input from other members

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom