What's new

Must see places in Pakistan

have been to most places on the pictures.. they are very nice places to be on earth.

The negative publicity Pakistan often receives overshadows the fact that Pakistan is a beautiful country, and there are so many wonderful places to see. The people of Pakistan are also very hospitable and welcome tourists with open arms.

One of my most favorite places to visit in Pakistan is the city of Lahore. I remember visiting Lahore as a child, and all I have to say is that anyone who has never visited Lahore must make time to travel to the second largest city of Pakistan. Lahore offers a rich and fabulous history of over thousand years and showcases some of the finest architectural structures and monuments of all time. The crowded streets immediately remind you that you have entered inside a mega city. While the population of the city is over 10 million, it is easy to find sanctuary from all the traffic in the numerous shops and cafés where one can get more gently wrapped into the culture. I would hear people say that Lahore never sleeps, and you get that sense when you see high traffic throughout the city at midnight.

If you’re going to Lahore then you have to visit Badshahi Mosque, which is about 342 years old, and the mosque has the capacity of accommodating 55,000 worshippers. In Pakistan, this makes it the second biggest mosque in terms of capacity, after Islamabad’s Faisal Mosque. Badshahi mosque is one of the few significant architectural monuments built during Emperor Aurangzeb's long rule from 1658 to 1707. One must also visit Minar-e-Pakistan and dine at Fort Road Food Street. The food there is just amazing, and you can find just about anything. I highly recommend trying paya and nihari. You can see that the food vendors take a lot of pride in preparing the dishes. I know there is so much more to do and see, but you must include these places on your list. Even though it has been years since I last visited Lahore, I still remember it as if it was yesterday. One of my best memories in Lahore includes having dinner at the famous Fort Road Food Street. Fort Road Food Street is the ultimate place for hungry tourists or locals who want to relax and have food while enjoying a beautiful view of the Badshahi Mosque. The street was bustling with street performances by talented musicians dressed in colorful attires, playing both modern and traditional music. It really has a beautiful ambience that will make any visitor fall in love with this place. I must also mention the lovely surroundings including the Roshnai Gate and ancient Lahore. Some of the other places I highly recommend: Lahore Fort-Shahi Qila, Shalimar Bagh (Shalimar Gardens), Anarkali Bazaar and Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park.

I really hope that day is not far when people no longer feel that Pakistan is an unsafe place to visit. And while there is so much to see in Pakistan, I really hope the beautiful and amazing city of Lahore sits on top of the list of must see place in Pakistan.

Please feel free to highlight some of the other must see places in Lahore or anywhere else in Pakistan.

Ali Khan

Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM
How can you piss me off by NOT mentioning the Lahore Zoo? I mean we got lots of skinny babbar shers walking here and there miserably. Go east or west Lahore zoo is the best. How about safari park, jallo park and other recreational areas?

How can you piss me off by NOT mentioning the Lahore Zoo? I mean we got lots of skinny babbar shers walking here and there miserably. Go east or west Lahore zoo is the best. How about safari park, jallo park and other recreational areas?
Kaghan Naran lake saiful malook are wonders on earth

My list
1 Lahore

6424739125_5e72b1b768_z.jpg

2 Bahawalpur
fort-derawar-15.jpg

3 Neelum Valley
mr-pakistan-twitter.jpg

4 Taxila
11%20Taxila%20Sirkap.jpg

5 Multan
Multan.jpg