What's new

Muslims-only apartments coming up in Greater Noida

No offence taken.

Tell your Sanghi friends not to blow so hard. Answers are not needed then.

Bilal I am not even talking about the stupid fights we have here. I engage in them too. ALL the time. This forum IS meant for it. I at that moment genuinely felt something and I just wrote that bit about stress because that is something one MUST not ignore. I may be wrong about it.

You take care. I am sure everyone here wishes you the best in real life.

this is the problem with muslims. They want separate living places everywhere. they just can assimilate with people.​

this is the problem with muslims. They want separate living places everywhere. they just can assimilate with people.​

In Singapore the govt does not allow Muslims to create ghettos. ALL HDB (govt housing that houses 80 pct plus of Singapore) housing is allotted based on population percentage. So every building has the same ethno religious balance reflected in SG society.

If we introduce something like this, minorities will be the first to complain. They are also the first to complain when a Hindu does not want to give his house for beef cooking etc. It's a convenient stand.

In Singapore the govt does not allow Muslims to create ghettos. ALL HDB (govt housing that houses 80 pct plus of Singapore) housing is allotted based on population percentage. So every building has the same ethno religious balance reflected in SG society.

If we introduce something like this, minorities will be the first to complain. They are also the first to complain when a Hindu does not want to give his house for beef cooking etc. It's a convenient stand.

If the government did that here, then Hindus and Muslims should be equal.

What they cook within the house they've purchased is none of anybody's business.

Cheers, Doc

As opposed to Hindus who are positively breaking walls down to try and pull in Muslims to live with them.

Cheers, Doc

If the government did that here, then Hindus and Muslims should be equal.

What they cook within the house they've purchased is none of anybody's business.

Cheers, Doc

As opposed to Hindus who are positively breaking walls down to try and pull in Muslims to live with them.

Cheers, Doc

You are right, Hindu assimilation is a problem all over the world.

I think the word you're looking for is whiny butthurtedness and victim complex.

Cheers, Doc

No the world is assimilation. The thread is about Muslims denying housing to non Muslims. I have never seen any media storm over this like we see over Muslims denied housing. Have you?

So no, no equal equal, no false equivalency, only equality.

The word is assimilation.

No the world is assimilation. The thread is about Muslims denying housing to non Muslims. I have never seen any media storm over this like we see over Muslims denied housing. Have you?

So no, no equal equal, no false equivalency, only equality.

The word is assimilation.

No, for Hindus its more whiny butt hurtedness than assimilation.

Hindus assimilate just fine.

Its the butt hurtedness that's famous the world over.

Cheers, Doc

No, for Hindus its more whiny butt hurtedness than assimilation.

Hindus assimilate just fine.

Its the butt hurtedness that's famous the world over.

Cheers, Doc

So you agree hindu denying housing to Muslim is intolerance issue in media but Muslim denying housing to hindu is hindu whiny butt hurtedness?

Thank you. That explains a lot. Goodbye.

So you agree hindu denying housing to Muslim is intolerance issue in media but Muslim denying housing to hindu is hindu whiny butt hurtwdness?

Thank you. That explains a lot. Goodbye.

No no.

I'm saying Hindu denying Muslim housing is intolerance. The reverse is rarely if ever heard of because have you ever heard of Hindu families going to set up home in a Muslim area?

Hindus crying "can't assimilate" after denying Muslims the chance to assimilate and Muslims then ghettoizing is butt hurtedness.

Hope that explains.

Cheers, Doc

Separate living spaces AKA ghettos are the manifestation of a larger issue. Except in some low-income mixed residential, educational and commercial areas, Hindus and Muslims rarely interact at all. Most middle class or wealthy kids grow up without a SINGLE friend who is from the other religion.

I was under the suspicion that maybe, my life experience is not the norm. Except in my first school, where I did happen to have many Muslim friends, the total number of Muslims I studied/worked with/befriended, has been less than 10. So I asked my other friends, and it seems that their experiences tend to be even more isolationist than my own.

Not only is this bad in the sense that it develops isolation and mistrust, it is also indicative of the socio-economic situation Muslims find themselves in today in India. I don't see how anyone can put a positive spin on it.

Separate living spaces AKA ghettos are the manifestation of a larger issue. Except in some low-income mixed residential, educational and commercial areas, Hindus and Muslims rarely interact at all. Most middle class or wealthy kids grow up without a SINGLE friend who is from the other religion.

I was under the suspicion that maybe, my life experience is not the norm. Except in my first school, where I did happen to have many Muslim friends, the total number of Muslims I studied/worked with/befriended, has been less than 10. So I asked my other friends, and it seems that their experiences tend to be even more isolationist than my own.

Not only is this bad in the sense that it develops isolation and mistrust, it is also indicative of the socio-economic situation Muslims find themselves in today in India. I don't see how anyone can put a positive spin on it.

I would disagree a bit.

The ghettoization in the upper middle class is more a recent phenomenon. If you are in your 40s you will remember that such was not the case when we were growing up.

For example, till the 6th std I lived in Dhatkidih. Hindus, Christians, Muslims, Parsis, Sardars. We even had an Anglo family.

All of this barely a kilometer from what in today's terminology would be called a "mini Pakistan" ...

Its now that I am seeing this upper middle class "conclaves". Clearly demarcated Hindu and Muslim areas. Bhagwa flags, Green flags.

Cheers, Doc

Socio economic, not religious. Chicken and egg.

The thread is about Muslims, affluent Muslims - building segregationist colonies. There indeed is difficulty putting a positive spin on it. Hence all the talk about Hindus instead :)

I support this just as I support the right of Hindu Landlords to not rent thier flats to Muslims if they dont want.

However what I dont support is the hypocrisy of the Media and the "Liberals" which will not highlight this but will hold debates after debates if Hindu Landlords deny renting to Muslims

I would disagree a bit.

The ghettoization in the upper middle class is more a recent phenomenon. If you are in your 40s you will remember that such was not the case when we were growing up.

For example, till the 6th std I lived in Dhatkidih. Hindus, Christians, Muslims, Parsis, Sardars. We even had an Anglo family.

All of this barely a kilometer from what in today's terminology would be called a "mini Pakistan" ...

Its now that I am seeing this upper middle class "conclaves". Clearly demarcated Hindu and Muslim areas. Bhagwa flags, Green flags.

Cheers, Doc

The closest area where Muslims lived in numbers near our place in Aambagaan Sakchi was the Sakchi Mosque area. But then again mostly lower income housing. You are probably right about upper middle class people. I guess especially after the series of riots post-1990 this process has accelerated.

I wouldn't feel safe as a Muslim living in a Hindu-majority area today (except Bengal, Kerala, Bangalore and Chennai), and the same would be true about Hindus in some Muslim-majority areas. Although I see that in lower income Muslim areas there are many Hindu businesses and temples so I guess they find it a bit easier.

Back
Top Bottom