What's new

Muslims not allowed - the stereotypes of Mumbai's rental property market

Only Muslims people reside in this area, no non muslims people can buy flat in most of the part on this area. But no Hindu complaint about it ever. Bcz they understand their sentiments. Even once I tried to rent a house in this area

Must be some kind of a Ghetto, or a slum like area...isn't most of the Muslims lives in poor Chawls and Ghettos/Slums/Jhoppar pattis in Mumbai...

Maybe 5-8 of the upper middle lives in some decent housing, talking about Muslims.

Hindus in Bangladesh living king life where 90 percent population are muslim , and on the other side of the boundary muslims are being discriminated just bcz of their faith this is unacceptable , Bangladesh Pakistan and indian muslim must unite against this hate trio BJP establishment
Muslims are not being discriminated..they have all the rights and opportunities a hindu has...but as a landlord I have the right to whom I rent my house.
Hindus in Bangladesh,I assume or clean and don't eat anything that is disgusting for muslims...I am pretty sure no muslim would rent his house to a person who cooks pork in his house.
Hindus anywhere are also not aggressive...they are mild and easy going people...on the other hand muslims in India are generally violent...that is also one of the reasons hindu landlords avoid them...but it's not like hindus don't rent their houses to muslims...there are many who do.

Must be some kind of a Ghetto, or a slum like area...isn't most of the Muslims lives in poor Chawls and Ghettos/Slums/Jhoppar pattis in Mumbai...

Maybe 5-8 of the upper middle lives in some decent housing, talking about Muslims.
No... thats not true. Muslims are equally progressive here like other communities in Mumbai. They are traders, Bussinesses, jewellers, owners of big firms.
In slums, there are no restrictions , any community person can buy or rent there. Dharavi is biggest slum and mostly non Muslims resides there, and this is a mixers of all communities, no restrictions there.

Muslims are not being discriminated..they have all the rights and opportunities a hindu has...but as a landlord I have the right to whom I rent my house.
Hindus in Bangladesh,I assume or clean and don't eat anything that is disgusting for muslims...I am pretty sure no muslim would rent his house to a person who cooks pork in his house.
Hindus anywhere are also not aggressive...they are mild and easy going people...on the other hand muslims in India are generally violent...that is also one of the reasons hindu landlords avoid them...but it's not like hindus don't rent their houses to muslims...there are many who do.

Yes it is so simple...

Keep Muslims poor by keeping them suppressed, marginalized with no jobs, no higher education(no quotas) in Jobs and in universities and then brag that Muslims are poor and dirty.

And with no water available in Slums where they live...they can't bath. Do they pray by the way without the wadu.

India hate for Muslims don't need any verification or denial...everyone knew it. If not there won't be a separate country.

BTW they, the Hindus, loves it when Muslims are called as poor, marginalized and suppressed in India...and with brazen hypocrisy, to the rest of the world India hogwash that Muslim living standards are good, they are equal Indians and all the eyewash and lies that can be peddled....

Muslims should start making nice buildings for themselves. Not waste their time with Hindus.

Hindus for most part are vegetarian. I know I'll get a lot of hate for saying this, but most muslim households have typical non vegetarian smell to them. I used to live in Muslim locality growing up, I have had few muslim friends too. I used to go to their houses on occasions. Most of the time they would be drying up some meat for future use. That gives a very unpleasant smell through out the house. My muslim friends wouldn't understand it when I say it to them rather innocently (being a kid). They are so used to it that they can't see how it is different. But It would be hard for Hindu to tolerate it. Other thing is in general Muslims have rather large family than a Hindu family.

But Hindus are so also stupid to generalise it to all Muslims. At this point, they all want to play safe than take a risk.

Muslims should immediately boycott Hindu landlords and start humiliating Hindus in reverse by not renting Hindu houses. That'll teach them.

2 nation theory people.

Shabana Aamir complain decades ago that she could not rent an apartment because she was Muslim. Seems like nothing has changed since then.

No... thats not true. Muslims are equally progressive here like other communities in Mumbai. They are traders, Bussinesses, jewellers, owners of big firms.
In slums, there are no restrictions , any community person can buy or rent there. Dharavi is biggest slum and mostly non Muslims resides there, and this is a mixers of all communities, no restrictions there.

Very minuscule percentage if Muslims are upper middle to upper class, maybe less than 5% of the population, in India...

Small shop owners, puncture walas, tyre walas, Mochi, Thelay wala, sabzi sellers...this is what the trade Muslims are into, all the middle arthi, and whole sellers must be Hindus, Marathis and Baniya...

The reason even Hindus called Muslims as puncture walas...

2 nation theory people.
How so? Indians (both Hindus and Muslims) roam the same streets, work in the same company and hang out as friends. Religious choices are different and are limited to your own homes. Hence hence the otherness shown here.

But It doesn't even mean separation of locality. For example, I have in my apartment 4 muslim owned flats out of 20. Obviously they wouldn't mind renting it to Muslims and we won't have objection to their choice. As far as the other 16 owners are concerned, some might consider Muslim tenants others won't. Obviously beef eating plays a significant role here.

The complaint in the OP seem to be about her want for good looking apartment, hence my suggestion for muslims to improve their own locality. Ghettoism should make way for modern infrastructure.

How so? Indians (both Hindus and Muslims) roam the same streets, work in the same company and hang out as friends. Religious choices are different and are limited to your own homes. Hence hence the otherness shown here.

But It doesn't even mean separation of locality. For example, I have in my apartment 4 muslim owned flats out of 20. Obviously they wouldn't mind renting it to Muslims and we won't have objection to their choice. As far as the other 16 owners are concerned, some might consider Muslim tenants others won't. Obviously beef eating plays a significant role here.

The complaint in the OP seem to be about her want for good looking apartment, hence my suggestion for muslims to improve their own locality. Ghettoism should make way for modern infrastructure.
Implied quoted text. Indians unconsciously know 2 nation theory to be true, hence the "muslims should build buildings for themselves" comment from you.

Anyway, the point here being that the notion that Muslims are denied a rental agreement based on their religion is stupid, more so in India that prides itself on secularism. Happy to see that it is just a facade.

Did muslims learn to wash properly because they lived in a desert with little to no water ?
1603689679752.png

Yes it is so simple...

Keep Muslims poor by keeping them suppressed, marginalized with no jobs, no higher education(no quotas) in Jobs and in universities and then brag that Muslims are poor and dirty.

And with no water available in Slums where they live...they can't bath. Do they pray by the way without the wadu.

India hate for Muslims don't need any verification or denial...everyone knew it. If not there won't be a separate country.

BTW they, the Hindus, loves it when Muslims are called as poor, marginalized and suppressed in India...and with brazen hypocrisy, to the rest of the world India hogwash that Muslim living standards are good, they are equal Indians and all the eyewash and lies that can be peddled....

I have a Muslim friend here who is a bank employee (clerk). He makes a decent living with a salary of 40000+. Yesterday, we were talking about schooling his 4 year old son. I said may be next year he'd have to send his son to school. So I suggested why not send his wife to the same school as teacher. She has the qualifications for it. He was really upset for saying this to him. His plans were to make his son educated in Quran and make him a mullah of a mosque. Obviously you can guess where he stands with respect to sending his wife as a teacher. No one is stopping muslims from being progressive in India but themselves.
Implied quoted text. Indians unconsciously know 2 nation theory to be true, hence the "muslims should build buildings for themselves" comment from you.

Anyway, the point here being that the notion that Muslims are denied a rental agreement based on their religion is stupid, more so in India that prides itself on secularism. Happy to see that it is just a facade.
It makes zero difference to what you think. You keep denying the reason and stuck with not renting part. I will believe it a facade when Indian Muslims would rush to Pakistan citing discrimination. As long as that doesn't happen these are minor issues in our context.

I have a Muslim friend here who is a bank employee (clerk). He makes a decent living with a salary of 40000+. Yesterday, we were talking about schooling his 4 year old son. I said may be next year he'd have to send his son to school. So I suggested why not send his wife to the same school as teacher. She has the qualifications for it. He was really upset for saying this to him. His plans were to make his son educated in Quran and make him a mullah of a mosque. Obviously you can guess where he stands with respect to sending his wife as a teacher. No one is stopping muslims from being progressive in India but themselves.

It makes zero difference to what you think. You keep denying the reason and stuck with not renting part. I will believe it a facade when Indian Muslims would rush to Pakistan citing discrimination. As long as that doesn't happen these are minor issues in our context.

You have strange friends. A man is known by the company he keeps.

Good story bro. Conveniently you have always Muslim "friends" proving a specific stereotype. But I thought evil Muslims don't have Hindu friends, especially the "Mullah types"?

But as far as renting is concerned: stop crying and improve your situation.

Nobody is entitled to anything. Work hard and live the life you want, demanding something from others is not a healthy attitude towards life. Trust me my daddy had to bribe other applicants for our flat back then to go away so we could get the flat, he spent over 3000 Mark (1500 Euros) just to sent them away. Even though my father made decent money and had a stable job.

Muslims in Germany have the same entitled attitude towards the renting market. Crying racism doesn't help and I myself wouldn't rent - I have property near to Munich - to a Muslim if he doesn't have financial stability (this is mostly the problem, if you don't have a good financial background then nobody will rent you a flat, because German rental laws are ridicilous you can't kick them out even if they don't pay rent for months and things like that.)

You have strange friends. A man is known by the company he keeps.
It's a BS story, thank you for pointing that out.

Good story bro. Conveniently you have always Muslim "friends" proving a specific stereotype. But I thought evil Muslims don't have Hindu friends, especially the "Mullah types"?

But as far as renting is concerned: stop crying and improve your situation.

Nobody is entitled to anything. Work hard and live the life you want, demanding something from others is not a healthy attitude towards life. Trust me my daddy had to bribe other applicants for our flat back then to go away so we could get the flat, he spent over 3000 Mark (1500 Euros) just to sent them away. Even though my father made decent money and had a stable job.

Muslims in Germany have the same entitled attitude towards the renting market. Crying racism doesn't help and I myself wouldn't rent - I have property near to Munich - to a Muslim if he doesn't have financial stability (this is mostly the problem, if you don't have a good financial background then nobody will rent you a flat, because German rental laws are ridicilous you can't kick them out even if they don't pay rent for months and things like that.)

It's a BS story, thank you for pointing that out.

It's okay. You don't have to believe it. It is true though.

Back
Top Bottom