What's new

Muslims happy with life in US despite discrimination: Poll

Where? which part of europe? im interested, please tell me... and u r a malay currently live in hong kong?

The French/Ukrainian/Russian part of Europe. If you're not white, people look at you in slight manner, and I heard from the locals, it's not safe for Asians to go out alone at night, might just get bashed and robbed.

And no, I'm a Malay living in Malaysia :lol: My grandma is Chinese, so just a tribute to her the Hong Kong flag. Would be boring with two Malaysian flags :)

Sugar candy land? Jews are discriminated in US?

No, there's no discrimination against the Jews in the US, matter of fact, they are favoured in every walk of life. When this kind of favours is reported, they are termed as anti Semitism or 'discrimination' against the Jews and the US media makes a big issue out of it.

But you're a Malay. You don't quite fit the description of a stereotypical Muslim.

There is no such thing as a " Stereotypical Muslim ".

We are 1.8 Billion strong and originate from 65 countries. We are White Caucasions, African Blacks, Orientals, Asians and every race and color in between.

We are 1.8 Billion strong and originate from 65 countries.
We are White Caucasions, African Blacks, Orientals, Asians and every race and color in between.

You NAILED it but sadly it isn't the case.There are stereotypes of everyone.We all know what kind of stereotype people in sub-continent have about white girls etc ...It's sad but true.Just two days back,one guy was asking me "Is Bahd a Muslim name"? and I was like "Dude how can I know? May be yes and may be not" and he was like "Dude,you're a Muslim...you should know" ..People think that Muslims have similar names :D lol I have seen Muslims with the name like "Michael or James Athony etc etc"-- Not to mention the 'similarity' b/w the names of Arabs,Turks,Iranians,Indonesians and Malaysians :lol:

The discrimination story is over-exaggerated.

I was there for 3 years, and not once did I ever feel like I was un-welcomed or being discriminated just because I was Muslim.

depends where you live and how deeply involved you are with US society.

Your experiences are noted. Not everyone else feels the same way i'm sure.

depends where you live and how deeply involved you are with US society.

Your experiences are noted. Not everyone else feels the same way i'm sure.

I lived in Pennsylvania, for 3 years, went to high school and all.

But I have to state here that no one could tell I was Muslim, most of them thought i was Colombian or something. And i'm not the kind to exhibit my religion, so there was never a problem of discrimination in my few years there. Maybe if I had a beard and a turban, I might have treated differently. Who knows?

If anything, I could say it was the best time of my life. Would gladly go back there again. Americans are not bad as the media makes them out to be, my friend.

When was the last time a Mormon blew himself up?

As usual, you're incorrect ;)

So, that being said, let’s think for ourselves and do some research: exactly what percent of Muslims are terrorists? Well, according to FBI files, which can be accessed through fbi.gov, only 6 percent of terrorists are Muslim. The remaining percentage of terrorist attacks on U.S. territory includes: Latinos at 42 percent, extreme Left Wing groups at 24 percent, Jewish extremists at 7 percent, Communists at 5 percent, and other terrorist organizations at 16 percent.

Daily Titan: Only 6 Percent of Terrorists are Muslim | MuslimMatters.org

We are 1.8 Billion strong and originate from 65 countries. We are White Caucasions, African Blacks, Orientals, Asians and every race and color in between.

A stereotype is just that, a stereotype. Doesn't matter whether it's true or not. Anyway the majority of Muslims are either from South/South-East Asia or the Middle East.

I lived in Pennsylvania, for 3 years, went to high school and all.

But I have to state here that no one could tell I was Muslim, most of them thought i was Colombian or something. And i'm not the kind to exhibit my religion, so there was never a problem of discrimination in my few years there. Maybe if I had a beard and a turban, I might have treated differently. Who knows?

If anything, I could say it was the best time of my life. Would gladly go back there again. Americans are not bad as the media makes them out to be, my friend.

I know well enough what americans are like.

the point: you were relaying your personal experiences which were good. a lot of others will relay a different experience. america is a diverse nation with some cosmopolitan areas, and other cesspits of backward fundamentalism. you cannot speak for as the authority of the muslim experience in the us.

As usual, you're incorrect ;)

So, that being said, let’s think for ourselves and do some research: exactly what percent of Muslims are terrorists? Well, according to FBI files, which can be accessed through fbi.gov, only 6 percent of terrorists are Muslim. The remaining percentage of terrorist attacks on U.S. territory includes: Latinos at 42 percent, extreme Left Wing groups at 24 percent, Jewish extremists at 7 percent, Communists at 5 percent, and other terrorist organizations at 16 percent.

Daily Titan: Only 6 Percent of Terrorists are Muslim | MuslimMatters.org

Latinos terrorist? That's something new :lol:

There's a difference between criminal acts and terrorist acts. And I think this article got it mixed up.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

I know well enough what americans are like.

my point was you were relaying your personal experiences which were good. a lot of others will relay a different experience. america is a diverse nation with some cosmopolitan areas, and other cesspits of backward fundamentalism. you cannot speak for as the authority of the muslim experience in the us.

My point is simple. When in Rome, do as the Romans do, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Latinos terrorist? That's something new :lol:

There's a difference between criminal acts and terrorist acts. And I think this article got it mixed up.

So you think the fbi doesn't know what terrorism is?

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

My point is simple. When in Rome, do as the Romans do, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Right. They should have accepted the rules. I'd agree with that. They did not. If they didn't like it, they should have challenged it after instead of making a scene.

That wasn't ur point though :cheesy: it was something along the lines of America is great, Americans are great because you have been there for 3 years. you do not represent all muslims or all places in america.

So you think the fbi doesn't know what terrorism is?

Please link me to one, just one, "Latino terrorist" act.

And no, don't include robbery or criminal stuff, I'm talking about terrorism for reasons other than personal benefits.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Right. They should have accepted the rules. I'd agree with that. They did not. If they didn't like it, they should have challenged it after instead of making a scene.

That wasn't ur point though :cheesy:

If you don't like the rules, you're welcome to get the hell out :P

I've been to 20+ countries, and yes, America is one of the best among the countries I've been. That's my opinion and I stick to it.

Have you been to America, my friend?

Back
Top Bottom