What's new

Muslims call for boycott Sonu Nigam’s upcoming performance in Dubai

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Muslims call for boycott Sonu Nigam’s upcoming performance in Dubai, Abu...

Screen-Shot-2017-04-19-at-2.09.36-pm.png

Calls to boycott Sonu Nigam’s upcoming live concerts scheduled to be held in Dubai and Abu Dhabi have gained momentum in light of the singer’s anti-Islamic rants last year.

Nigam is scheduled to perform at Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium on 12 January. The message being actively forwarded on WhatsApp reads, “Dear Muslim brothers and sisters, Indian Singer Sonu Nigam is performing live on 12 Jan, 2018 at Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium and in Qatar on 19th Jan 2018 in Doha exhibition and convention centre. Boycott this event and spread the message to Muslims as he is anti Muslim & he hates Islam and Azaan. You all must be knowing, he has raised objection to Azaan (Islamic Call for Prayer) in India.. Hence let people know why we should boycott his programs. Flop his show with the help of social media. Share maximum to all Muslims, specially in UAE, Qatar & GCC Countries. (sic)”

Screenshot_47.jpg

Nigam had courted controversy after he used derogatory language for Azaan, Muslim call for prayers given five times a day.

Nigam had said, “God bless everyone. I’m not a Muslim and I have to be woken up by the Azaan in the morning. When will this forced religiousness end in India. And by the way Mohammed did not have electricity when he made Islam.. Why do I have to have this cacophony after Edison?”

Also Read: BJP Kerala chief booked for spreading false report on RSS worker's murder

In his concluding tweets, the famous singer said the act was nothing but gundagardi.

“I don’t believe in any temple or gurudwara using electricity To wake up people who don’t follow the religion . Why then..? Honest? True? Gundagardi hai bus…”

He had later quit Twitter in support of singer Abhijeet, who was known for insulting women in general and Islam. The microblogging site had later deactivated his account.

Questions may be asked how Nigam will manage his morning sleep in an Islamic Dubai, where using loudspeakers for Azaan is pretty common. Was his hysteria on Azaan in India designed to gain cheap publicity by winning the supports of Hindutva brigade?

He doesn't hate Islam or say anything anti Islam ,he just said azaan can be without loud speakers

Don't just boycott but ban him and his kind from dubai and all of middle east.

He doesn't hate Islam or say anything anti Islam ,he just said azaan can be without loud speakers

I agree with that. Loud speakers should not be used for Azaan.

On further searching what he had said I came across following:

Read the picture below bottom-up:

Screenshot_16.jpg

Then he wrote following: (Link)

Dear everyone. Your stand exposes your own IQ. I stand by my statement that loudspeakers should not be allowed in Mosques & Temples. Period

— Sonu Nigam (@sonunigam) April 18, 2017

And dear Everyone, for those who are tainting my Tweets anti Muslim, tell me 1 place where I have said anything related, & I'll apologize.

When I am talking about Loudspeakers, I did mention Temples and Gurudwaras too. Is it that hard to comprehend? Loosen up guys.

Last edited:
Now don't jump too high boy

Pakistanis to get free visa on arrival in Qatar

https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2017/09/pakistanis-get-free-visa-arrival-qatar/

And I agree concert should be boycotted.
It shud be uae or any muslim states job to ban such singers and artists for life.
Namaloom afraad 2 had anti sheikh content and they banned it which is fine , noone wud allow content againts their own country but why allow likes of sonu nigam. Such shame just cause of their ties with india they won't do anything

And what do arabs give to ur kindred? All jobs of sweepers are given to mallus in gcc and their locals dont take a second to start beating shytt out of u indians

It shud be uae or any muslim states job to ban such singers and artists for life.
Namaloom afraad 2 had anti sheikh content and they banned it which is fine , noone wud allow content againts their own country but why allow likes of sonu nigam. Such shame just cause of their ties with india they won't do anything

UAE is not a muslim Majority country any more

UAE-Population-by-Nationality-Country-wise-2016.png

UAE is not a muslim Majority country any more

UAE-Population-by-Nationality-Country-wise-2016.png
Indians have huge muslim population in gcc too , expat and locals combined it would be 60-65 pc muslim but even that does not matter.
The ruling gov is muslim and thats how they identify themselves. Actually i had read in a news in the past there was a case of a very famous indian businessman in uae who too had raised objections about azan sound, despite huge business chain his business was taken away from him and he was kicked out.

And by the way Mohammed did not have electricity when he made Islam..

Muhammad Peace be upon him didn't make Islam. He is mistaken Islam is not like Hinduism a mixture of various rituals, cultures, practices without a unique identity of its own.

I agree with that. Loud speakers should not be used for Azaan.

Why? Any logical reason?

Back
Top Bottom