What's new

Muslim rebel attack shuts down Philippine city.

This is why people who have no knowledge about an issue should never be allowed to voice their opinions.

Here let my super genius informed mind highlight the important things for you. God knows any of you can't use your head for critical thinking.
ZAMBOANGA, Philippines: A group of 100 heavily-armed Muslim rebels opposed to peace talks launched a major attack that shut down a bustling southern Philippine city Monday, authorities said.

"The main target by the MNLF in encroaching Zamboanga City is to raise their banner of independence at city hall," city mayor Isabelle Climaco-Salazar said.

The long-running Muslim insurgency in the Philippines has left more than 150,000 dead, and led to a proliferation of armed groups that have left parts of Mindanao in a constant state of lawlessness.

Misuari's faction of the fractured MNLF, which he founded in the early 1970s, has made a renewed call for an independent Islamic state in the mainly-Catholic Philippines.

The MNLF dropped its bid for independence and settled for autonomy, although his followers had not totally disarmed.

The group also splintered into several factions, although Misuari remained as the acknowledged leader.

The government is currently negotiating with an MNLF offshoot group, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), which is to take over a new autonomous region by 2016.

"To the Philippine government, I think our message is already quite clear -- that we don't like to be part of the Philippines anymore," Misuari said in his message last month, a copy of which was obtained by AFP.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...shuts-down-philippine-city.html#ixzz2eOZ3N6us

What we have here is a simple dissent in ranks between one who wants peace & the one who want to keep fighting.

Peace talks

On October 7, 2012, President Benigno Aquino announced a peace deal with the MILF and that "This framework agreement paves the way for a final and enduring peace in Mindanao". MILF Vice Chairman Ghazali Jaafar is quoted as saying "We are very happy. We thank the president for this." The deal was signed on October 15, 2012. Its aim is to pave the way to enduring peace between the two parties by officially envisaging an autonomous region in Mindanao.[32] According to the framework, this semi-independent Muslim area would have a more just share of revenues from the extraction of its own plentiful resources, budgetary autonomy, its own police, and sharia law only for Muslims.[33] In exchange for this, the MILF will stop armed movements against the government for autonomy and will allow the national government to retain its control of national security and foreign policy.[34] The autonomy agreement to be gradually implemented will also rename the region Bangsamoro after the Moro people.[35]

Chief peace negotiator Miriam Coronel-Ferrer said that the government was cautiously optimistic for a final agreement soon following six days of talks on 13 July 2013. He said: "This signing indicates that both sides are really committed to finish the peace negotiations. Nobody wants this not to reach its fruition." The agreement would see government allowances for the MILF to have a 75 percent share of earnings from natural resources and metallic minerals in a proposed autonomous region. For other energy resources, earnings would be split equally in accordance with Malaysia-brokered talks.[36]

Muslims are fighting everywhere - china, russia, south east asia, south aia, central asia, middle east, europe. almost everywhere - a lot of changes need to be brought into islam to make it peaceful.. no point hiding your heads in the sand and saying islam is a religion of peace and that only some are terrorists....its the whole system that gives rise to terrorism and its followers.

Christians are fighting everywhere too...

What 'changes'? If you had a chance, what would you change in Islam?

for me just one change. Stop asking for Shariah. Ask for democracy and equal rights for everyone.

They (the Muslims) practice as they want, but don't go to other person forcing him to practice what or how they want (including Ahmedis who will be Muslims). Everyone has right to preach his/her own religion. To agree or not is left to the individual.

Preach if you want but do not force by violence/changing rule of law by virtue of being in Majority.

for me just one change. Stop asking for Shariah. Ask for democracy and equal rights for everyone.

They practice as they want, but don't go to other person forcing him to practice what or how they want. Everyone has right to preach his/her own religion. To agree or not is left to the individual.

What do you mean by "stop asking for Shari'ah"?

Muslims in general practice Shari'ah in one form or the other...How are Muslims "demanding" Shari'ah? (Please, don't post bunch of dumbasses/terrorists etc...I'm talking about general Muslims of the globe..not Anjem Chaudry and likes)

Muslims are fighting everywhere - china, russia, south east asia, south aia, central asia, middle east, europe. almost everywhere - a lot of changes need to be brought into islam to make it peaceful.. no point hiding your heads in the sand and saying islam is a religion of peace and that only some are terrorists....its the whole system that gives rise to terrorism and its followers.

They are creating tough time for normal Muslim to live peacefully in this world....every action will have reaction....

What do you mean by "stop asking for Shari'ah"?

Muslims in general practice Shari'ah in one form or the other...How are Muslims "demanding" Shari'ah? (Please, don't post bunch of dumbasses/terrorists etc...I'm talking about general Muslims of the globe..not Anjem Chaudry and likes)

I dont mean Shariah (the medieval one) as such. What I mean is demands for Islamic govt and constitution based on Islamic principles. Constitution should be secular like that of US, India, UK. Reason is simple. Constitution is for every individual of a country. Even if there is a single Non-Muslim citizen in a country, the country has no right to force him to follow Islamic constitution. This is similar to how a Muslim would not want to follow a Hindu/Christian/Sikh/Jews/Buddhist constitution. FAIR?

IF Muslims want they can agreee to settle their own issues based on Islamic laws. but for Non-Muslims and Muslims/Non-Muslim issues the secular laws should apply.

I dont mean Shariah as such. What I mean is Islamic govt and constitution based on Islamic principles. Constitution should be secular like that of US, India, UK.

IF Muslims want they can agreee to settle their own issues based on Islamic laws. but for Non-Muslims and Muslims/Non-Muslim issues the secular laws should apply.

U.K is secular? I thought they still have Christianity as official faith...

PS, whats wrong with majority Muslim society voting people to carve society based on Islamic Principles? Thats democracy for you...

No understanding of the basic principle of civilized society. I am not surprised. Minority cannot be held hostage by the whims of the majority.

PS, whats wrong with majority Muslim society voting people to carve society based on Islamic Principles? Thats democracy for you...

Then why Muslims fight across the world for their own rules where they are in Minority? That is the issue. At least in those countries they are not under Hindu/Christian/Jesw/Sikh constitution but a secular constitution. But even that is not acceptable to many (I wont say all) FAIR?

When in minority ask for their own rights/rules based on their customs. When in Majority carve society on Islamic principles and end all rights of others. UNFAIR?

No understanding of the basic principle of civilized society. I am not surprised. Minority cannot be held hostage by the whims of the majority.

No one is saying anything to minorities....doh.

clueless indians at it again....

Then why Muslims fight across the world for their own rules where they are in Minority? That is the issue. FAIR?

What 'our' rules have Muslims fought for? Muslims fight for against discrimination..not some special status.

PS, minorities under Shariah get to have their on laws for marriage, divorce etc etc..nothing is imposed on them..

What 'our' rules have Muslims fought for? Muslims fight for against discrimination..not some special status.

Only Muslims are under discrimination. why others are not under discrimination? HIndus and Sikhs and Buddhists and Christians and others. For your knowledge for Hindu there is only and only one majority nation. For Islam you have maybe 20+ Muslim majority nations.

PS, minorities under Shariah get to have their on laws for marriage, divorce etc etc..nothing is imposed on them..

I as non Muslim do not want Shariah as part of constitution. Simple. Constitution is for all. Should be secular. For Islam there could be a separate sub rule and likewise for other religions also.FAIR?

Why Islamic constitution for everyone. But for other religions a sub-clause in constitution. Why this difference or priority be given to Islam over other religions. UNFAIR?

Typical BS. In any case - try it. We have preparations to arrange the meeting between you and God. :devil:

First and foremost remove ignorance, hate and violence...put a lease on some fanatic mullahs. Bring tolerance into practise.

Muslims dont like being pushed around we are not like native americans or hindu's.

War is tough you win some you lose some, when muslims are at the receiving end of occupation or abuse dont expect muslims to take it

We will fight back, when we are weak for example in Myanmar the buddist will have the ability to hurt our innocent population, but then dont expect us to forgive or forget. A long time from now buddist from myanmar will face payback for their crimes today

We dont forgive, we dont forget and our memories are long we will keep grudges and animosities for centuries

Look like u are Islam expert. Can you tell us how to control Islamic terrorism?

Back
Top Bottom