What's new

Musharraf to be tried for 'Treason' | Nawaz Sharif

With this kind of attitude, this govt. will be lucky to survive 2 years.
I at times feel pity for PTIians. If the democracy goes, so would go the chance of PTI in political history too. Its not that only one brick is toppled, the whole building goes down.

It seems the era of 1990's is back on track.....Supreme court orders 1% increase in GST null and void. Ishaq Dar says they won't revoke the decision and 1% will be implemented. And just after 2 days, this treason news in coming.....

I think trying Musharraf won't be in PML (N) or country's favor.

Meray bhai Supreme court judges are not expert in finance. Musharaf increased GST to 17% in 2007. Last year just before elections Zardari party decreased it so that they can get more votes at the expense of Rs 80 billion loss per annum to the nation. PML-N just reversed that last move in favour of the nation.

My mamu just send me an article of Hamid Mir about Musharaf coup. You may find it on the internet. Its title is "Civil Servants and Siasat". Its in Urdu of course. In that he mentioned the real reason why Musharaf took over PML-N govt. PML-N constructed Lahore Airport and Army personnel were demanding a portion of that land out of that Airport property. Nawaz Sharief didn't give them that piece of land. That is why they got annoyed and decided to took revenge. Recently a scandal of Pak Army came of lime light, in which they acquired billion rupees worth of land in just thousands rupees in Karachi. No money not even tax was given to Sindh govt. About Musharaf performance; I will say Pakistan had a loan of Rs 1000 billion in 1999. In the year 2006 it became Rs 6000 billion. And now it is standing at Rs 14,000 billion. Now who is bad and who is good. Please make your decision unbiased.

My mamu just send me an article of Hamid Mir about Musharaf coup. You may find it on the internet. Its title is "Civil Servants and Siasat". Its in Urdu of course. In that he mentioned the real reason why Musharaf took over PML-N govt. PML-N constructed Lahore Airport and Army personnel were demanding a portion of that land out of that Airport property. Nawaz Sharief didn't give them that piece of land. That is why they got annoyed and decided to took revenge. Recently a scandal of Pak Army came of lime light, in which they acquired billion rupees worth of land in just thousands rupees in Karachi. No money not even tax was given to Sindh govt. About Musharaf performance; I will say Pakistan had a loan of Rs 1000 billion in 1999. In the year 2006 it became Rs 6000 billion. And now it is standing at Rs 14,000 billion. Now who is bad and who is good. Please make your decision unbiased.

Do you believe on that chor named Hamid Mir...?????

satishkumarcsc; I think we should appreciate Nawaz that he is not killing Musharaf by himself. He just asked the court to decide what is right. Musharaf decided Nawaz future by himself and through him into jail along with his party members. Where they were humiliated like criminals. Can I ask what Nawaz did wrong even at that time? He developed Pakistan, by constructing motorway, opened and cleared (NOC given) to numerous universities in Pakistan especially I.T (Comsats, University of Lahore, UMT, UCP, FAST etc), fiber optic cables (which is the backbone of internet and telecommunication industry) in Pakistan, Gawadar port to China, JF Thunder agreement with China, best relations with India etc IN JUST TWO YEARS TIME.

What Musharaf did, supported America in War Against Terrorism and received US 80 billion as aid. By supporting he actually accepted that Muslims are terrorists. Gawadar port was given from China to Singapore. No further development in missile and nuclear technology. No dams or electricity project for 10 years.

I think even a dumb person can say who is better. Musharaf should be hanged so that Pak Army should know that if they ever mess up with Pakistan in future, they have to pay the price.

mere pyara bhaion k bhai, ap chup ker k so jao. bht raat ho gai ha zada late nhi jagtay... na is umer me zada sochtay han

Do you believe on that chor named Hamid Mir...?????

Janab then tell me the name of person to whom i should trust :).

Karachi plots scandal was not told by Hamid Mir. It was few weeks back headline of every newspaper of Pakistan. I have lived in DHA Lahore for 18 years. I studied from Garrison College Lahore. During those 2 years of FSc, I saw 3 Army housing schemes constructed nearby. Plus I have many family members in Army and I know their bank statements.

mere pyara bhaion k bhai, ap chup ker k so jao. bht raat ho gai ha zada late nhi jagtay... na is umer me zada sochtay han

Buddy i find only this time to do Gupshup :). Thanks to Pakistan's economy that we used to work for 18 hours a day for under 40,000 rupees after 6 years of multinational experience.

The list is pretty long. But it is a necessary evil since military needs funding as it can't get it all from the government. But! having said that, military should separate business for their core duty i.e. defence of the country. This also reminded me a dialogue from "reign of assassins", when villein is about to kill one of the charters after defeating it, it ends it as, "I told you a long time ago,If you want to do tricks, then do tricks.If you want to practice kung fu, then practice kung fu. But you always mixed them together.It's amazing that you're lived this long".

1-PNS mehran was attacked by terrorists, we lost precious lives of our jawans and an Orion aircraft. No heads rolled, story ends after a hue and cry
2-GHQ attacked, we lost precious lives of our jawans again. No heads rolled, story ends after a hue and cry
3-PAF Kamra gets attacked, again the loss of precious lives of our brave jawans and possibly an AEWACS platform. No heads rolled, story ends after a hue and cry
4-US practically invades Pakistan, kills OBL, Pakistan gets embarrassed globally. No heads rolled, story ends after a hue and cry.
The history of these events depict weakening of accountability mechanism within the military. Whereas our Jawans and officers sacrifice themselves for the protection of crucial assets of Pakistan but nothing is moved at the top. The top brass remains untouchables even for their fellowmen.

I at times feel pity for PTIians. If the democracy goes, so would go the chance of PTI in political history too. Its not that only one brick is toppled, the whole building goes down.

You really have lost it bro. Take some time off.

Janab then tell me the name of person to whom i should trust :).

Karachi plots scandal was not told by Hamid Mir. It was few weeks back headline of every newspaper of Pakistan. I have lived in DHA Lahore for 18 years. I studied from Garrison College Lahore. During those 2 years of FSc, I saw 3 Army housing schemes constructed nearby. Plus I have many family members in Army and I know their bank statements.

Bhai jaan Hamid Mir is a biggest culprit journalist who is on payroll of Indians and doesn't skip a chance to malign our Army :bad:

Nawaz is a wiley one, i will give him that much. Please always underestimated the cunning of this chap, a good time to repost this i think:
29341_4316792891679_588885548_n.jpg

the only thing truely compared here is HODOR!

Parliament divided on Musharraf

Lawmakers in Pakistan’s National Assembly (lower house) are divided over the high treason trial of former military dictator Pervez Musharraf, as the opposition parties - PPPP and MQM - want the trial to start from the events of October 12, 1999 when he staged a military coup to topple the democratically elected government of Nawaz Sharif.

The two parties have even suggested going as far back as the era of first military dictator, Ayub Khan.

The announcement by Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan about the constitution of a four-member FIA team for investigation against Musharraf stirred up a heated debate in the lower house.

MQM lawmakers created a pandemonium when the Speaker switched off the mike of their parliamentary leader, Farooq Sattar, to cut short his speech on the issue.

The government side contended that the move has been prompted by the order of the Supreme Court and it would not defame the institution of army. It said Musharraf should not be considered representative of the whole institution.

PPPP president Makhdoom Amin Fahim who initiated the debate on article 6 of the constitution supported the government’s decision to try Musharraf for his November 3, 2007 imposition of emergency in the country.

However, he urged that the trial should start from October 12, 1999 when an elected government was overthrown by him.

“We will not accept this double standard of the government. Is the sin of October 12, 1999 been forgiven?” Fahim questioned. He said that the government’s decision to try the dictator for only the November 3, 2007 emergency showed that it wanted to save some individuals.

He urged the government to move prudently on the matter, saying it is going to be a historic event as a military dictator will be tried under article 6 of the constitution for the first time since 1947.

Nisar Ali Khan said that it would be unjust that the army is maligned for the actions of Musharraf and said that the government does not want that to happen. He rejected the claim of Amin Fahim that the government had double standard.

Meanwhile, MQM’s Farooq Sattar said that the government was taking shelter behind the the Supreme Court ruling on this issue and noted that it is the prerogative of the government, not the court, to initiate the case against Musharraf.

Farooq said that all those who validated the October 12, 1999 actions are also not exempted from this unconstitutional action and pointed out that this article is wrongly being
implemented.

Shaikh Rashid Ahmed, of Awami Muslim League (AML), called for the trial of all the dictators under article 6 and all those who abrogated the
constitution since 1956.

He said that the incident of October 12, 1999 had resulted into the dissolution of the National Assembly and noted that an elected prime minister was arrested.

He welcomed the decision of the government to hand over the probe of Musharraf to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and said that the judges had punished their fellow judges for the emergency of November 3, 2007.

Sheikh pointed out that Musharraf was not alone in this action and the government would have to charge 627
people.

The court has given only three days to the government to take action in this regard, while the government had sought
30 days.

He advised the government to go slow over the matter as it had enough time. Meanwhile, JUI-F’s chief Fazlur Rahman said that if the government had consulted its allies it would not have to take a defensive position on Musharraf’s trial. The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf did not take part in the debate.

Wow tell your mamu to give proof, because this story is pure bullsh.it. Now IO am going to pst some of his achivements below from the time he took over to 1999 to 2007.

However, these are just some of the achievements of the man when he was in and out of uniform.

1. Nine world class engineering universities were developed and 18 public universities further developed.

2. Pakistan was ranked third in world banking profitability.

3. The IT industry was valued at around $2 billion, including $1 billion in exports and employed around 90,000 professionals.

4. The CNG sector attracted over $70 billion in investment in the past five years and created 45,000 jobs.

5. The telecommunications sector attracted around $10 billion in investments and created over 1.3 million jobs.

6. Industrial parks were set up throughout the country for the first time.

7. Mega projects such as the Saindak, Rekodiq, marble production, coal production, mining and quarrying were pursued.

8. Foreign reserves increased from $700 million to $17 billion.

9. The Karachi stock market went from 700 points to 15,000 points.

10. The literacy rate improved by 11 per cent.

11. Poverty decreased by 10 per cent.

12. Four dams were built: Mirani, Subakzai, Gomalzam, Khurram, and Tangi,

13. Seven motorways were completed or were under construction,

14. Gwadar, an advanced sea port, was developed,

15. 650 kilometres of coastal highways were constructed.

16. A historic 100% increase in tax collection (amounting to Rs1 trillion) was observed.

17. Large scale manufacturing was at a 30-year high, and construction at a 17-year high.

18. Copper and gold deposits were found in Chagai, worth about $600 million annually if sold.

19. A new oil refinery with the UAE that could process 300,000 oil barrels a day was established.

20. The industrial sector registered 26 per cent growth.

21. The economy was the third fastest growing economy after China and India .

22. The Institute of Space Technology was established.

23. Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University Quetta was established.

24. The University of Science and Technology, Bannu, was established.

25. The University of Hazara was founded.

26. The Malakand University in Chakdara was established.

27. The University of Gujrat was established

28. The Virtual University of Pakistan was established

29. Sarhad University of IT in Peshawar was established

30. The National Law University in Islamabad was established

31. The Media University in Islamabad was established

32. University of Education in Lahore was established

33. Lasbela University of Marine Sciences, Baluchistan, was established

34. Baluchistan University of IT & Management, Quetta (2002)

35. The Pakistan economy was worth $ 160 billion in 2007

36. GDP Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) was $ 475.5 billion in 2007

37. The GDP per Capita in 2007 was $ 1000

38. Revenue collection in 2007/08 was Rs1.002 billion

39. Exports in 2007were worth $18.5 billion

40. Textile exports in 2007 were worth $11.2 billion

41. Foreign direct investment in 2007 was $8.5 billion

42. Debt servicing in 2007 was 26 per cent of the GDP

43. The poverty level in 2007 was 24 per cent

44. The literacy rate in 2007 was 53 per cent

45. Pakistan development programs in 2007 were valued at Rs520 billion

46. The Karachi stock exchange in 2007 was $70 billion at 15,000 points

47. Exports in 2007: $18.5 billion

48. Pakistan now has a total of 245,682 educational institutions in all categories, including 164,579 in the public sector and 81,103 in the private sector, according to the National Education Census (NEC-2005).

49. There are now more than 5,000 Pakistanis doing PhDs in foreign countries on scholarship. 300 Pakistanis receive PhD degrees every year, in 1999, the number was just 20.

50. In total, 99,319 educational institutions increased in Musharraf’s era!

This was some of the good Musharraf delivered to Pakistan during his martially-democratic rule from 1999 to 2008. Strange how quickly we forget his foreign policy efforts, which helped elevate the image of Pakistan globally added acceptance value to our green passports. Even the Indians next door were ready to discuss Kashmir for a solution and praised the man for his sincerity, honesty and amicable handling of the issues.

Of course, he has the right to tell his opponents, “tameez say baat karo, warna munh toor jawab millayga” and it is true that most of them are keeping quiet since he said this in a recent interview with Express TV.

I feel he knows more than what he has already said so far, and may explode if not “handled with caution”. This goes for all the politicians cum armed forces of Pakistan. Hence, be careful everyone, the General is coming back as a civilian!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom