What's new

Musharraf suffers heart problem on way to treason hearing

If I want to, I can give a fitting reply, but this will only trash the thread. Stick to the topic and express your views only about the topic.

I can give you hundreds of laugh worthy replies, but you will still report me. :lol: :cry:

Oh well.. something or the other happens whenever General tries to get to the court house. Maybe they should convert his farmhouse into court house & initiate proceedings there!

I can give you hundreds of laugh worthy replies, but you will still report me. :lol: :cry:

LOL...And you somehow think I can't? Obviously, I'm trying to follow forum rules, something which you haven't even bothered to understand. Sitting in US and acting Hyper-National will only make you look hypocritical and stupid anyway!:partay:

Detour: Musharraf falls sick on way to court
By Web Desk / AFP
Published: January 2, 2014
ISLAMABAD / RAWALPINDI: Former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf fell sick on his way to the hearing of the treason case in the special court, Express Newsreported on Thursday.

Musharraf’s convoy was redirected to the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology in Rawalpindi.

According to government officials, Musharraf complained of pain in his heart and was immediately taken to the hospital. Musharraf has now been transferred to the Coronary Care Unit from the Intensive Care Unit and is still being provided with medical assistance.

Former military chief’s wife Sehba Musharraf also arrived at the hospital to be with her husband. She was, however, not allowed to see him.

heheh.jpg

Express News screengrab showing Musharraf’s convoy on its way to the hospital.

The former military ruler faces treason charges under Article 6 for suspending, subverting and abrogating the Constitution, imposing an emergency in the country in November 2007 and detaining judges of the superior courts. It is the first time in Pakistan’s history that a former military ruler has been put on trial for treason.

The heart rate of Musharraf is reportedly not stable and a medical board was constituted to examine his health condition. The former military ruler will undergo angiography soon. Decision to treat him in Pakistan or abroad will be taken by the medical board after diagnosis.

Jan Mohammad, a senior police official, told the court in Islamabad that Musharraf had fallen ill while being transported to the hearing under heavy security.

“He has been shifted to Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology after he got heart problem,” Mohammad said.

An aide to Musharraf, who is facing a series of criminal cases dating back to his 1999-2008 rule, told AFP the retired general was in “bad shape”.

The special court had earlier ordered Musharraf to appear before the court today or face consequences.

It has reserved its decision of the hearing of the case today and will announce it at 4pm.

On the request of senior counsel on Musharraf’s legal team Anwar Mansoor Khan, the hearing of the treason case has now been adjourned to January 6.

‘Persecutor, not prosecuter’

While speaking to the media, Musharraf’s lawyer Ahmed Raza Kasuri said “the former president was ready to appear before the court today but could not come as he suddenly fell sick.”

image_0102-1237ch-935.jpg

Express News screengrab of Musharraf’s lawyer Ahmed Raza Kasuri talking to the media.

On questions from journalists expressing suspicion over Musharraf’s sudden sickness, Kasuri stated that the media personnel should go and talk to the doctors to know what happened to the ex-army man.

Lashing out at Akram Sheikh, Kasuri said a prosecutor’s job is to assist the court and not to ensure punishment. “He is not a prosecutor but a persecutor.”

Boycott

Earlier today, Musharraf’s lawyers boycotted the hearing because of security issues.

Khan told the court he has been receiving threats and was unable to sleep the night before the hearing.

“I was under total threat… from 1:00 am to five in the morning. Someone was banging on my door and ringing my bell,” Khan told the court.

When one of the judges asked who was threatening him, Khan answered, “This very government.”

The court promised to investigate but Khan walked out of court, followed by other members of Musharraf’s legal team.

“This never happened in my 40 years of practice. I will walk out,” Khan said.

Senior lawyer Sharifuddin Pirzada, who is defending Musharraf, also complained of being threatened. He stated that lawyer Akram Sheikh, who represents the government, sent threats to lawyer Ibrahim Satti who is part of the legal team defending Musharraf.

“Akram Sheikh should have an attitude of a lawyer,” said Satti.

Sheikh on the other hand denied the allegations stating that “Ibrahim Satti was given a message that the atmosphere of the court should be made better.”

“It is very difficult for me to even walk, how could I have given threats to anyone,” he remarked.

Justice Faisal Arab replied after hearing about these threats that necessary security arrangements will be made for their safety.

To this, Khan replied that “I do not trust the security provided by the government”.

Security threats

The former president had failed to appear before the court on January 1 citing security threats. Musharraf’s advocate Ahmed Raza Kasuri had said that security was still an issue, stating that a kilogramme of explosive materials was found near Musharraf’s farmhouse this morning.

This was the third time that small quantities of explosives have been found near Chak Shahzad farmhouse. On December 31, 2.5kg of explosives were found around two kilometers away from the farmhouse.

A 5kg bomb, two pistols, a five-meter detonator wire and 16 bullets were also recovered on his route to court on December 24.

A wheelchair is the last resort of every Politician about to be prosecuted.

I wonder where the Army Commando inside him has disappeared.

There has never been any commando inside this timid rat - this clown is actually a disgrace to all the army commandos. And there is no heart attack, he must have peed in his Saree.

This suits only for you.... Your country called epicenter of global terrorism

Even China(your only friend) got affected due to this.
Baghal ma chori mu pa ram ram , thats what you indians are . Get your agents out of my country everyone in the world know how Indians are promoting terrorism in my country, so get lost .

Irrespective of how good or bad may he be......

I feel BAD for him......seems as if the law is only meant for leaders or politicians.......the usual people/terrorists dont get prosecuted in a just way ????

he bought himself here (Pakistan) to face the charges....but i dont get that people like raymond davis,etc...make their way out easily....why isnt he just sent out of the country Nawaz was also sent out....Oh wait is it because he respects the state's law and wants to face it ?!?!?!?!?

I am stunned and at the same time pretty sure that no other country in this world offers the same height of democracy

or if you want to prosecute him then

prosecute him according to his health conditions and his age !!!!!

Last edited:
There has never been any commando inside this timid rat - this clown is actually a disgrace to all the army commandos. And there is no heart attack, he must have peed in his Saree.
You Indian agent get lost .

LOL...And you somehow think I can't? Obviously, I'm trying to follow forum rules, something which you haven't even bothered to understand. Sitting in US and acting Hyper-National will only make you look hypocritical and stupid anyway!:partay:

I can look like the stupidest person on Earth, but my wataan is the most important thing to me. This land gave me everything.

Is that why you are now in USA? :D

No it's not, you retard. There are many among us that work for Pakistan, while there are many among you that give your buttocks to hurt Pakistan.
The distinction should make you feel shame, but then again you are an old man sitting on his knees for white acceptance.

:rofl:

Last edited:
Commando on the run again. A master stroke indeed !!!

Back
Top Bottom